Brina - WDYT?

I am into the name [name_f]Brina[/name_f] right now. But, there is something about it I am not sure of. What do you think of the name? Does it sounds too made up? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it goes well with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]? I am not sure I love the [name_m]AH[/name_m] sounds at the end together or if its too match.
[name_f]TIA[/name_f]!

Also - i have started to look origins of names because my name, DH and son are all hebrew and I read on a few sites that [name_f]Brina[/name_f] means Protector, is of Yiddish, Hebrew origin. I had not heard of this before. (It makes me love the name even more)
Does anyone know more?

[name_f]Brina[/name_f] and [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] seem a little too similar to me, both ending in nah/na. Also, my first thought when I saw [name_f]Brina[/name_f] was [name_f]Briana[/name_f], probably just because I’ve never seen [name_f]Brina[/name_f] before.

[name_f]Brina[/name_f] and [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] do sound a bit matchy.

All the [name_f]Bree[/name_f]-names used to be a bit tiresome, but I actually quite like [name_f]Briella[/name_f] after meeting a sweet one last year. Brienne is also on my mind because of GoT.

I agree that [name_f]Brina[/name_f] and [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] are a bit too matchy because they both have two syllables and end in the “na” sound. I imagine that people would constantly think [name_f]Brina[/name_f] was a typo and was supposed to be [name_f]Briana[/name_f].

I did grow up with a girl named Breagh, though (pronounced [name_f]BREE[/name_f]-ah), and I’ve also seen it spelled [name_f]Bria[/name_f]. I think it sounds nice with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m].

Edited to add: Would you consider [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] with the possibility of [name_f]Brina[/name_f] as a nickname? It doesn’t sound as matchy with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] to me, and I don’t think it would present as many spelling/pronunciation problems as [name_f]Brina[/name_f].

[name_f]Brina[/name_f] doesn’t really look like a complete name to me. I agree with the previous poster that it would be good as a nickname for [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f], though.

thanks for the input. I do like [name_f]Bria[/name_f] too - I still think it is a bit matchy with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] - but not AS bad.
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] is not an option, name has to be a B name.

My first thought was [name_m]Brian[/name_m] as a nickname for [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]. It just feels a little incomplete to me. I think it goes fine with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]. They sound similar but not to the point of being super cheesy.