Brinley

Which spelling of [name]Brinley[/name]? ([name]Brinley[/name], Brynley, Brynlie) Does is matter if I think that the nn [name]Bryn[/name] should be spelled with a “y” if we decided to use a nn?

What about a middle name?
[name]Janae[/name]? (means God has answered our prayer and goes with our other daughter’s Hebrew name.) (husband says is sounds african american in nature)
[name]Janea[/name]? (see above, just alternate spelling)
[name]Lillian[/name]? (family name)
Others?

Please help! Only 4 weeks to go!

If you want the nickname to be spelled [name]Bryn[/name], then the full name should have the y too. Honstly I like Brynley or Brynlie better anyway b/c I have a tendency to think “Brine-lee” when I see it with the i.

The [name]Brinley[/name] spelling is the one I would gravitate to since it looks a little less trendy than the others. However, I agree that if you’ll be using the nickname [name]Bryn[/name] (frequently enough that you’ll be writing it down), I would have the full name start with that. So I would say the Brynley spelling may be your best bet, if this is the name you have decided on. It’s not really my style, but it’s kinda cute!

As for middles, you might consider using something a little more classic to balance out the modern/trendy feel of Brynley/[name]Brinley[/name]. Instead of [name]Janae[/name] or [name]Janea[/name], how about [name]Jane[/name]? I’m afraid Brynley [name]Lillian[/name] has too much L, and is a little hard to say!

[name]How[/name] about:

Brynley [name]Jane[/name]
Brynley [name]Elizabeth[/name]
Brynley [name]Kate[/name]
Brynley [name]Joy[/name]
Brynley [name]Faith[/name]

Good luck!

I had a friend [name]Brinley[/name] growing up, so all the other spellings just look unnatural to me. She actually ended up [name]Brie[/name] more often then [name]Brin[/name]/[name]Bryn[/name]. :confused: Anyway, I think putting the “y” in the middle just looks forced. It’s her NN and she can spell it however she wants. Are plenty of Kaitlyns who go by [name]Kate[/name] not [name]Kait[/name]. [name]How[/name] about:
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Aviva[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Mariah[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] (means lily, and is Hebrew)

[name]Janae[/name] (or [name]Janea[/name]…which I would read as JA-nee-ah) would make the name very trendy. [name]Brinley[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] is nice, but very “L” heavy.

I agree with the pp, Brynley and Brynlie both look butchered to me. [name]Brinley[/name] can still spell her nn [name]Bryn[/name] if she likes imo and [name]Brin[/name] looks fine also to me. [name]Nick[/name] names are rarely written anyway. I would stick to something more traditional for the middle name. Something like [name]Brinley[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] or [name]Brinley[/name] [name]Hannah[/name] would be nice.

love [name]Brinley[/name]! and i concur with this spelling–and spelling the nickname any way you or she like.

but re: middle names–

altho [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name] are nice names, are you comfortable with “BS” as initials?

good luck.

I couldn’t have said this better myself! agree, agree, agree!

I wanted to emphasize that I really do prefer the [name]Brinley[/name] spelling. Thinking about it again, I don’t think you should choose a less appealing spelling for the full name just for the sake of the nn. And as others have said, [name]Brin[/name] is just fine too. [name]Just[/name] wanted to add that!

Not really a fan of [name]Brinley[/name] but I think that [name]Brinley[/name] [name]Janae[/name] sounds kind of…dated. [name]How[/name] about [name]Brinley[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]?

I would stick with the [name]Brinley[/name] spelling.
ideas-
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Irene[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Maren[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Janine[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Camille[/name]