Britain's biggest family

I know the Duggars and the [name_m]Bates[/name_m] are pretty well known families and the Duggar name game of naming 19 kids has been done many times here on Nameberry, but I just stumbled upon a series of documentaries about an even larger family - the Radfords, who live in the UK and have 22 (!) children ranging in age from 30 years old to just a couple weeks (one of the babies was stillborn). Their names are:
1 [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]
2 [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
3 [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
4 [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
5 [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Leon[/name_m]
6 [name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
7 [name_f]Millie[/name_f] [name_u]Jo[/name_u]
8 [name_f]Katie[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
9 [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
10 [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
11 [name_f]Aimee[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
12 [name_m]Josh[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
13 [name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
14 [name_f]Tillie[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
15 [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Will[/name_m]
16 [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Theo[/name_u]
17 [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
18 [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] Alphia [name_u]Beau[/name_u]
19 [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
20 [name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
21 [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] [name_u]Raye[/name_u]
22 Heidie [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

What are your favorites/least favorites? There’s a lot of names here that definitely ring British to me - [name_f]Tillie[/name_f], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_u]Alfie[/name_u], [name_m]Archie[/name_m] and [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] especially. I think [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] are my favorite combos.

[name_u]Love[/name_u]:
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_f]Aimee[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Tillie[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] [name_u]Raye[/name_u]
Heidie [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]. I also like [name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] and [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m].

They’re all nice enough names but I find a lot of them a bit too close for siblings. Sisters called [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Tillie[/name_f] and [name_f]Hallie[/name_f]? That must get confusing!

I have to say, I only watched one 40 minute documentary about the Radfords and a couple of interviews, but I already like them much more than the Duggars, whose ultra religious and conservative values never sat well with me. The Radfords seem like really nice people and their kids definitely seem happy and well cared for!

Haha you make a very valid point :joy: I do this with my three already!

Honestly, I’m one of four and sometimes my mom would go through all my siblings’ names and the dog’s before getting to me lol

2 Likes

@katinka I know that they wanted all of their girls to have a name ending in -ie. I do agree that [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Tillie[/name_f] and [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] are very very similar especially [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Hallie[/name_f]!

Oh thank you for this list! I watched a few of their videos and their documentaries but couldn’t figure out what all of their names were!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are:
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f] [name_u]Jo[/name_u]
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Aimee[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Theo[/name_u] ([name_u]Love[/name_u]!!!)
Heidie [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (Although I much prefer the spelling [name_f]Heidi[/name_f])

You can definitely see the evolution of names over the years. It very much follows the naming trends of the UK.

[name_f]My[/name_f] top two would have to be:

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] [name_u]Raye[/name_u] - such a happy, sunshiney combo
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] - very cowboy-cool

I also like [name_f]Aimee[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u], and Heidie [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

To be honest, I’m not such a big fan of their boy style overall.