british names

Sorry if this is sort of off topic, but i was wondering whether there is a top 1000 british/english baby names because I’ve only found a top 100’s and top 10’s. It would be really useful if there is one. If anyone knows where there is one, I would be very grateful :slight_smile:

• [name]Elena[/name] :slight_smile:

If you check here:

you can see on the “2008 Boys’ [name]Baby[/name] Name List” and “2008 Girls’ [name]Baby[/name] Name List” the full rankings all the way to 5000 :slight_smile:

It’s interesting seeing the influence not only of Arabic names (popular in the many Muslim communities) but also all the Polish spellings like Oliwia and Wiktoria. Oh, and not forgetting the million versions of hypen names ([name]Ellie[/name]-[name]May[/name], [name]Lillie[/name]-[name]Ella[/name] etc)

Thank you so much [name]Elea[/name] :slight_smile:
I know so many [name]Ellie[/name]-[name]May[/name]'s !

[name]Elea[/name], I was going to ask you (as you have a mole in the Office of National Statistics!) have they published names for 2009 yet? I have been looking in the Telegraph as well, and seem to have missed the annual publication of their statistics on birth announcements. Have you seen them?

Cheers.
[name]Ailsa[/name]
x

Oh, [name]Ailsa[/name], I wish! I’d work for them for peanuts just to get access to all that lovely name data :wink:

I’ve not heard about 2009 yet. They used to be very prompt (releasing [name]January[/name] at the latest) but after the whole fiasco with the cutting of funds I should imaging we won’t have it for a while cries We’ve only the 2008 stats since [name]September[/name].
We have had the bounty.com stats out, but they aren’t really that accurate.

Thanks [name]Elea[/name]. Have you seen any lists published in The Times or The [name]Daily[/name] Telegraph, though? I am assuming I must have missed them. Please keep us posted!

Thanks. [name]Ailsa[/name]
x

No, unfortunately they’ve only published the Bounty ones so far…

But I will definitely be keeping a lookout for them :slight_smile: