Brooke or Lilah

We are trying to decide between [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Lilah[/name]. We go back and forth all the time- any thoughts? Interested to hear what other people’s opinions are…

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Brooke[/name]…other people on here are probably gonna tell you that it’s dated, but I think it’s beautiful. [name]Lilah[/name] is also very pretty, but there are SOOOO many [name]Lily[/name], [name]Layla[/name], [name]Lilah[/name]'s out there. In fact, on the SSA list, [name]Lilah[/name] is listed a couple different times, due to the different spellings…so there are alot of them around!

def [name]Lilah[/name]!!! It is such a beautiful name!

[name]Brooke[/name] - I don’t think it’s dated at all, but it does have quite a harsh sound.
[name]Lilah[/name] - this would have to get my vote, as it is just beautiful, but she may get drowned among all the Lilys …

Have you considered :
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Leia[/name].

Good luck!

For me, [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Lilah[/name] have completely different feels.

[name]Brooke[/name], currently ranked #52 in popularity, feels trendy/modern (and yes, a bit dated to me, because I heard it so often growing up), and as Twinkle mentioned, with one syllable and a K, its sound is on the harsher side. (I know several lovely [name]Brookes[/name], so I do have good associations with the name…)

[name]Lila/name, currently ranked #179, on the other hand, has a vintage/classic, more timeless, elegant feel to me, and its sound is softer.

I personally prefer [name]Lilah[/name], but I think it’s just a matter of which attributes you prefer.

Because you love both names, have you considered [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]?

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Lilah[/name] is so gorgeous!

[name]Brooke[/name] of course its short and cool!!!

i really like the combination of the two… [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]. very pretty

I personally love [name]Lilah[/name]. I too suggest [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]!

[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]! [name]Love[/name] the combo, and since you seem to love both names…

[name]Lilah[/name] is very pretty. I agree with the others…[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] sounds great too.