Brooke or Taryn?

[name]Hi[/name] there! I need help. Im getting sick of the name game and my DH and I are going to make a decision this [name]Sunday[/name] on a name. Im not due until [name]September[/name] but Im honestly tired of going back and forth! Its made me really emotional which is a little ridiculous.

[name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Taryn[/name] are our top names. [name]Brooke[/name] seems a little boring to me but its my MN and it would be [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Anne[/name] (anne are both gma’s MNs)…orig we loved [name]Brooklyn[/name] but its just too trendy. Husband heard [name]Taryn[/name] the other day on the golf channel and has sense fallen in love.

I [name]JUST[/name] CANT DECIDE! Its unique but not weird…and I want to love it esp since he picked it…but I just dont know if I like it. I What do you think?

[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Anne[/name] B ____ or [name]Taryn[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] B ___ I realize theyre totally diff but some insight would be great :slight_smile:

Sorry so long!

I much prefer [name]Brooke[/name]!

Ohhhh! They are both so beautiful! I love both of those names!

[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Ann[/name] sounds very close to [name]Brooklyn[/name]… that is the only bad thing I have to say about that name.

[name]Taryn[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] doesn’t flow as well as [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Ann[/name], but is still very lovely! [name]Taryn[/name] is probably a little more trendy than [name]Brooke[/name].

Other than that I can’t decide which one I like better either, they are both gorgeous names! Good luck!

[name]Even[/name] though its different/unique, I didnt think [name]Taryn[/name] was trendy since I hadnt ever heard it. [name]Do[/name] you think its trendy bc its different? I know a few little [name]Brookes[/name] though. [name]Just[/name] curious :slight_smile: Arghhhhhhh this name game is so hard!!

Wow! I take that back. I really should have done some research before I spoke my mind! I guess because I hardly ever hear [name]Taryn[/name] that I thought it was a “recent” newcomer to the top 1000 (and trendy), but I was way wrong!

[name]Brooke[/name] has been in the top 100 since 1979 (with the exception of 2 yrs @ 104 & 102) and has been in the top 100 since 1953 (except for 6 years). Over the past 15 - 20 yrs it has been wavering up and down on the top 100 chart, but not by much usually in the 40’s and 50’s. It’s peak was in 2003 @ spot #43, and it’s currently on it’s way down, in 2009 it was in #54.

[name]Taryn[/name] made the top 1000 list in 1955 (only 2 yrs after [name]Brooke[/name]), 1956, 1959, and every year since 1974. This name has never been in the top 200. However, it almost made it, with its peak at 228 in 1985, but has slowly been loosing it’s luster ever since. It ranked @ 578 last year.

Ok… with all that being said… I vote for [name]Taryn[/name]! Though they are equally beautiful, [name]Taryn[/name] is less popular. When in doubt, I go for the less common name!

I vote for [name]Taryn[/name].

@ rkarczynski you are hilarious and make me laugh :slight_smile: You did more research than me! I really appreciate your feedback! Im definitely leaning towards [name]Taryn[/name] but I think more bc my husband picked it haha. Normally I get my way, but for some reason I would love to love this name bc of him hehe

My daughter’s middle name is [name]Taryn[/name], and I think it’s beautiful.

I love [name]Taryn[/name] :slight_smile:
~[name]Layla[/name]

Haha! Thanks! I should get a job doing research, I’ve always been good at it. :slight_smile:

You’re so nice… I would probably not go with my DH’s choice just b/c he picked it. lol

My brain must be messed up bc normally when DH picks stuff I veto it right away!!! Thats why this is is so strange to me! lol

Lovin’ [name]Taryn[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]!

I think [name]Taryn[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] flows well. that’s my vote!

I automatically want to go with [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Anne[/name] because I think it is prettier than [name]Taryn[/name] [name]Brooke[/name], but I think that if you can’t veto the name and you are pulling towards that name then that is your name. Try saying it out as if you were having a conversation with you 2 year old, 10 year old, 16 year old and 25 year old… does it work through out?