Brooks or Booker

Hello! My husband and I are expecting in a few weeks. We love the name [name_m]Brooks[/name_m], but our last name is [name_m]Phillips[/name_m] and I feel like [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] [name_m]Phillips[/name_m], doesn’t flow right. Any thoughts?

Our second choice is [name_m]Booker[/name_m] [name_m]Phillips[/name_m], which I think flows just fine, but I don’t like as much as I like [name_m]Brooks[/name_m].

The full name would be [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Phillips[/name_m] or [name_m]Booker[/name_m] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_m]Phillips[/name_m]. Which do you all like better?

I prefer [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] way more than “[name_m]Booker[/name_m]”.

Other names like [name_m]Brooks[/name_m]:
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_m]Brock[/name_m]
[name_m]Brody[/name_m]
[name_u]Brady[/name_u]
[name_u]Beck[/name_u]
[name_u]Beau[/name_u]

[name_m]Booker[/name_m] definitely works better with your last name and I really like [name_m]Booker[/name_m] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] but I can understand not being sold on it though. I know some won’t be bothered but the repeated -consonant+s ending of [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] and [name_m]Phillips[/name_m] would definitely bug me so I get your feelings there.

I like the above suggestion of [name_u]Brooke[/name_u].

I prefer [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] and personally I don’t find the flow of [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] [name_m]Phillips[/name_m] too bad. And I definitely prefer the flow of [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Phillips[/name_m] over [name_m]Booker[/name_m] [name_u]Dean[/name_u].

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name [name_m]Booker[/name_m]. It was one of my youngest’s “almost” names. That said, I do like [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] too and though it’s flow with your last name may not be ideal, I don’t think it’s BAD. If it’s the name you love most you should go for it. The more I say it actually… I like it with your last name.