Brooks or Madden?

For our 2nd baby boy (1st son is [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Reid[/name]) we have narrowed down our list to [name]Madden[/name] or [name]Brooks[/name]. My husband likes [name]Brooks[/name] [name]Madden[/name] and I prefer [name]Madden[/name] best as a first name but unsure of a middle name. Other first names we liked that may or may not work for a middle name are [name]Campbell[/name], [name]Reilly[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Scott[/name]… feel free to play around or suggest some new ones! Please! :slight_smile:

Of the two I like [name]Madden[/name] better. [name]Brooks[/name] reminds me too much of [name]Brooke[/name] or [name]Brooklyn[/name] - the girl name.
I like [name]Alexander[/name] - it’s one of my favorite names. [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Scott[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Brooks[/name] or [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Madden[/name].

[name]How[/name] about [name]Campbell[/name] [name]Brooks[/name] or [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Brooks[/name]? They have the same feel, in my opinion, as [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Reid[/name] (great name!). [name]Madden[/name] just feels very trendy to me…

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I feel any of your middles :[name]Campbell[/name], [name]Reilly[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Scott[/name]
go better with [name]Harrison[/name] than [name]Brooks[/name] or [name]Madden[/name].

[name]Harrison[/name] & [name]Alexander[/name] = handsome
[name]Harrison[/name] & [name]Reilly[/name]= more modern but manly pair
[name]Harrison[/name] & [name]Campbell[/name] = both more formal sounding nice together
[name]Harrison[/name] & [name]Scott[/name] = sound like Brothers

I agree with the previous posters who said that [name]Madden[/name] feels very trendy, especially when compaired to [name]Harrison[/name].

Yes, [name]Harrison[/name] (and [name]Reid[/name]) are surnames, but they feel very distinguished and sophisticated to me. [name]Madden[/name], on the other hand, feels trendy, and I can’t see it aging well (it reminds me of names like [name]Jaden[/name] and [name]Jax[/name], not to mention [name]Joel[/name] [name]Madden[/name] and the word “maddening”).

From your list, I can see [name]Brooks[/name], [name]Campbell[/name], and [name]Alexander[/name] as brothers to [name]Harrison[/name], so I’ll vote for [name]Brooks[/name] over [name]Madden[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Oh well I love [name]Brooks[/name] so that gets my vote out of your two choices. It goes fabulously with [name]Harrison[/name] as well. And [name]Brooks[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] would compliment [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Reid[/name] nicely! I also like [name]Reilly[/name] as a brother for [name]Harrison[/name]. [name]Reilly[/name] [name]Brooks[/name] or [name]Reilly[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]?