Brooks?

I am really liking the name [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] for our next son. First born is [name_u]Hudson[/name_u].

Husband is iffy and said he doesn’t think its a boy name.

What is everyone’s thoughts on this name?

1 Like

It’s not my personal style, but the sound is cool !
I don’t see how it’s not a boy name, considering it’s in the top hundred most common baby boy names in the US!
Number 91st most popular as you can see here. Maybe that’ll change his mind!

2 Likes

I like it! I’m reminded of the nature connection (which works wonderfully with Hudson!). [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] is definitely pretty masculine, I agree with the above post :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never met a female [name_u]Brooks[/name_u]! It’s a very common boy name.

1 Like

That is very true, thank you!

1 Like

To me [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] is 100% boy! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name (and I’m not even that much of a fan of [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] or Brooklyn).

1 Like

We have been through so many names and I have had a hard time having that feeling that “yes thats his name”. So far to me, [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] is it.

We were going with [name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_u]Nelson[/name_u] but the more I hear it - I just wasnt feeling it.

Thinking [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] [name_u]Nelson[/name_u].

Absolutely love [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] fabulous boy name!

1 Like

Maybe he is having trouble viewing it as masculine because the names [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] and [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] are often feminine. But [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] is one of the most popular male names and I definitely think it can go either way easily, but is much more often used on boys. If he still doesn’t love it maybe [name_u]Banks[/name_u] or [name_m]Briggs[/name_m] could work for you both?

I LOVE [name_u]Brooks[/name_u]! I find it so handsome and strong!
Both [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] & [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] are some of my personal favorites so I’ll suggest a few others I also love!

[name_u]Beau[/name_u]
[name_u]Beckham[/name_u]
[name_u]Bennett[/name_u]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_u]Hayes[/name_u]
[name_u]Jack[/name_u]
[name_u]Levi[/name_u]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_u]Wesley[/name_u]

I do think that is part of it. I love [name_u]Banks[/name_u] alot but he doesnt at all.

Our lists are very similar! Its so funny and that always seems to work out with name trends.

1 Like

I can’t imagine a girl named Brooks… Tell him its like [name_m]Heath[/name_m] vs [name_f]Heather[/name_f] :wink:

For me, [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] is very surname, cowboy, southern, and also law school preppy. I really like it! I mean any name that combines cowboy and preppy has a lot of versatility :joy:

2 Likes

I like it & it works perfectly with [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]! Definitely masculine to me

1 Like

[name_u]Brooks[/name_u] is so charming and handsome!

1 Like

I really do like it but prefer the strong/handsome [name_m]Grant[/name_m]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the name [name_u]Brooks[/name_u]. Have had two friends name there son [name_u]Brooks[/name_u].

[name_u]Hudson[/name_u] and [name_u]Brooks[/name_u], love it! I like [name_m]Grant[/name_m] too. But definitely think of [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] as a boys name.