Brother for E.merson and W.ilder. What would you suggest?

I could really use some new inspiration. I have read A LOT of names, and I have a few I like, but what would you choose as a brother name if you could? [name_f]Sister[/name_f] name is [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]… I’m really just looking for some new inspiration…

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I really like [name_u]Alden[/name_u] from your signature with your kids’ names. Also really like [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] and [name_u]Finley[/name_u]. Your names seem to have some nature-like twist which I love so here are some ideas:

[name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_u]Sequoia[/name_u]
[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
[name_u]Leaf[/name_u]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_m]Rune[/name_m]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u]
[name_u]Cedar[/name_u]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Wolf[/name_m]

Some other non-nature names:
[name_m]Roark[/name_m]
[name_u]Amory[/name_u]
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_m]Ransom[/name_m]
[name_u]Easton[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]Brant[/name_m]

Your sons both have playful, thoughtful names–[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is philosophical, [name_m]William[/name_m] well-rounded, [name_m]Bear[/name_m] is strong, outdoorsy, and playful, and [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]+[name_m]William[/name_m] = [name_m]Wild[/name_m] [name_m]Bill[/name_m] = cowboy and showman extraordinaire!

Philosophers: [name_m]Marx[/name_m], [name_m]Locke[/name_m], [name_m]Bertrand[/name_m], [name_m]Pascal[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Noam[/name_m], [name_m]Darwin[/name_m], [name_m]Hobbes[/name_m], [name_m]Virgil[/name_m]

Famous circus performers: [name_u]Corbin[/name_u], [name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m], Bunker, [name_m]Merrick[/name_m], [name_m]Barnum[/name_m], [name_m]Bowen[/name_m], [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m], [name_f]Muse[/name_f], [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], Wirth

Cowboys: [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m], Ames, [name_m]Amos[/name_m], [name_m]Hank[/name_m], [name_u]West[/name_u], [name_u]Wade[/name_u], [name_m]Landon[/name_m], [name_m]Flint[/name_m], [name_m]Stetson[/name_m]

Some “playful philosophers” for your consideration:
[name_m]Hank[/name_m] [name_m]Virgil[/name_m]
[name_m]Amos[/name_m] [name_m]Bertrand[/name_m]
[name_m]Marx[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u]
[name_m]Barnum[/name_m] [name_m]Hobbes[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] Ames

[name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_m]Wilder[/name_m], and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] would be a great set of siblings, definite outdoorsy/nature thing going on, but it’s quite subtle. From your choices for a brother, I like [name_u]Finlay[/name_u] best (or even just [name_u]Finn[/name_u]). [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] and [name_u]River[/name_u] strike me as a bit obvious with your other two (but if you like having a strong theme, go for it! I would pick [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] in that case…) Other names you might like:

[name_u]Ash[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Benno[/name_m]
[name_m]Conan[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_f]Garnet[/name_f]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Ansel[/name_m]

I don’t know if this was your intention, but I immediately thought of [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] Wilde, [name_m]Ralph[/name_m] [name_m]Waldo[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], and [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] Plath.
Names in line with that theme:
[name_u]Eliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Hughes[/name_m]
[name_m]Whitman[/name_m]
[name_m]Byron[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]
[name_u]Frost[/name_u]

[name_m]Ridge[/name_m] is a new name I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the suggestion of [name_m]Silas[/name_m] in the same vein as [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]. I also like [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u] from your signature.

[name_m]Abram[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! I will have to comb through these!

And yes you are close! [name_m]Ralph[/name_m] waldo [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ingalls [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] are my boys’ namesakes :slight_smile:

[name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_m]Wilder[/name_m], and [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] [name_u]Alden[/name_u]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_m]Wilder[/name_m], and [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] [name_u]Alden[/name_u]

E.merson, W.ilder, and [name_u]Dallas[/name_u]
E.merson, W.ilder, and [name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
E.merson, W.ilder, and [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
E.merson, W.ilder, and [name_m]Ramsey[/name_m]
E.merson, W.ilder, and [name_u]Tate[/name_u]

I love your boys’ names! My ideas for a brother-

[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]Walden[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Alcott[/name_u]
[name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]