Brother for Eila, Brys?

We are expecting a baby boy in about a month. His almost 5 year old sisters name is [name_f]Eila[/name_f] (eye-la). We’re thinking about the name Brys (br-eyes). We like it and our daughter LOVES it and hasn’t liked any other name. When we bring it up to other people the response is not great. My husband and I are getting hung up on this and that it will be difficult for people to pronounce. Should we go with an unusual name we like or something more mainstream that will get wider acceptance?

I think that [name_f]Eila[/name_f] fits well with Brys. They both are less common and unique. If you guys like it, you should go for it!

2 Likes

I think your pronunciation concerns are valid - I would have assumed it was a spelling variation of [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] (especially since your daughter’s name is a spelling variation of [name_f]Isla[/name_f]) and find it requires a bit of concentration to make the switch. It can be done though, so if this is the name you love, I say go for it.

Out of curiosity are there other names you’re considering? For the record, I do prefer a good, uncommon name myself.

1 Like

Go with the name that you love. Others will come around once they see your little Brys. It’s more important that you love the name than what others think.

Eila and Brys are adorable together.

Go with Brys is the name you all love and thats the only important thing. It really doesn‘t matter what other people think. And i think that [name_f]Eila[/name_f] and Brys is a adorable sibset!

I think [name_f]Eila[/name_f] and Brys go very nicely together. Like many others said, go with the name you love

Other names we’re thinking about are [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], and [name_u]Beck[/name_u].

I like Brys! I say go for the name you love! If anything maybe spell it Bryse so people pronounce it with the rye sound instead of rhee.

Oo, I love all of those too! [name_u]Beck[/name_u] and [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] are perfect!

Eila & Brys go so perfectly together! If you love it, I definitely think you should use it. I don’t think the pronunciation is that difficult myself, and I think it’s an easy correction to make anyway! I also really love [name_u]Beck[/name_u], it’s handsome and sweet, and also sounds like a perfect brother from [name_f]Eila[/name_f]! [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] is really great too!!!

Brys is gorgeous and fits wonderfully with [name_f]Eila[/name_f]

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and support! :grin:

Yes to this

I love it, but that doesn’t even really matter. It’s your son!