Brother for Gabriel and Phoebe

Help! We’re having a hard time coming up with a boy name that we love for our third baby coming in [name_u]December[/name_u] (sex unknown). My husband and I don’t have very similar taste, I’m pretty “typical nameberry” (vintage, old fashioned, sometimes spunky) and his taste is very hard to pin down. His favorite names as of now are [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Barnes[/name_m]), [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] (in that order). I like them all, but don’t love any of them (he feels the same way about [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], which I’m obsessed with for a girl). We’ve mostly been limiting our discussion to biblical names, but that’s not a hard and fast rule. I love [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]; he doesn’t like it. I don’t really want a G or P name since we already have children with those initials. I don’t care much about popularity, [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is obviously popular, but my ideal is a “sweet spot” name that is known but rarely heard, like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. Thanks!

[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] are really nice together! I like their 'b’s in there - it unified then and gives them a bounce even though they are both timeless classics. I think [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is perfect for a girl - it includes the b yet sounds just her own. Plus one of the first women inventors was named [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] back in the early colonies and I think that’s cool. So for a boy I actually like your husband’s suggestion of barnabas, barnaby/[name_m]Barnes[/name_m]. I even think just [name_m]Barnes[/name_m] as the whole first name is cute. If he gets the first name he likes, can you choose the middle? [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] is cute! Other names I like in your set might include: [name_u]Toby[/name_u]/[name_u]Tobin[/name_u]/[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_u]Darby[/name_u]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Bishop[/name_m]
[name_m]Moby[/name_m]
[name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] (a gp of mine!)
[name_m]Crosby[/name_m]
[name_m]Robinson[/name_m]
[name_m]Kelby[/name_m]
[name_m]Forbes[/name_m]
[name_m]Talbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]
Bartolomy
[name_m]Broderick[/name_m]

Good luck!

What about [name_u]Micah[/name_u]?

I really like the suggestion of [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] for you. Other possibilities could be [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] (my second favorite), [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], or [name_m]Abram[/name_m]. Or Nicholas!

From your signature, I think these go well with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] & [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]:

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]

Does hubby like either of those?

[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], and:

[name_m]Merrick[/name_m] . [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] . [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] . [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] . [name_u]Nico[/name_u] .
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] . [name_u]Asa[/name_u] . [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] . [name_m]Alec[/name_m] . [name_m]Abram[/name_m] . [name_m]Abel[/name_m] . [name_u]Alden[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] / [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] . [name_m]Silas[/name_m] . [name_m]Simon[/name_m] . [name_u]Seth[/name_u] . [name_u]Robin[/name_u] . [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] . [name_m]Travis[/name_m] . [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] . [name_u]Tobin[/name_u] . [name_m]Leon[/name_m] . [name_u]Luca[/name_u] . [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachariah[/name_m] . [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] . [name_m]Xander[/name_m] . [name_m]Broderick[/name_m] . [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_u]Corbin[/name_u] . [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] . [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] . [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] . [name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_m]Damian[/name_m]
[name_m]Harris[/name_m] . [name_m]Judah[/name_m] . [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] . [name_m]Judson[/name_m] nn [name_u]Jude[/name_u] . [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]
[name_u]Barrett[/name_u]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m] . [name_u]Leland[/name_u] . [name_u]Ari[/name_u] . [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] . [name_u]Orion[/name_u] . [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Shane[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] . [name_m]Steven[/name_m] . [name_m]Soren[/name_m] . [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] . [name_m]Victor[/name_m] . [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Willis[/name_m] . [name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] .

[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]/[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]/[name_u]Alex[/name_u]/[name_m]Xander[/name_m]
[name_m]Amon[/name_m] (:
[name_m]Benny[/name_m]
[name_m]Carl[/name_m] (:

I really like the pount of the forst poster (can’t see the username atm sorry!!) About the letter B as a unifier for the names. I’ve also tried to stick with biblical names depite it not being an absolute prerequisite for you. I really love the suggestions of [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]/[name_m]Tobiah[/name_m], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] for you, and here are some I found also:
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Eben[/name_m] (one of my top choices for you)
[name_m]Abbas[/name_m]
[name_m]Zebedee[/name_m] (a bit out there but perhaps sweetly vintage? Cute nn [name_m]Zeb[/name_m])
[name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] (same as above, nn [name_m]Obie[/name_m])
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
Absolom (which I love for you!!! Feels very vintage to me with spunky and sunny nn [name_m]Sol[/name_m])
[name_u]Abijah[/name_u]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] (i think would work nicely for you, its a more subtle Bible name)
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] (I love this one for you too)

I think my favoutires would be [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_m]Eben[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_m]Zebedee[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_m]Boaz[/name_m]

Or top choice for me [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and Absolom.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] thats ok!! If i think of any mkre I’ll edit them in xx

Thanks mousehouse7! I also love B as a unifying factor in my kids’ names, which [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] both have. I really like [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] a lot too – I haven’t been able to sell my husband on it, but we haven’t talked about that one in a while. Might have to revisit! I love your middle name suggestions!

Hubs vetoed Micah :frowning: And Sebastian :frowning: We like Abram, actually we love and prefer Abraham, but we tossed that one out long ago because we draw the line at Gabe and Abe :wink: We have good friends who have used Ambrose and Nicholas… (And Susannah would definitely be in the conversation for a girl, but we actually already used Susannah for a baby we miscarried. I need to update my signature!)

Some great ideas here, thank you!! I love [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Simon[/name_m] a ton, but that’s my husband’s name and we don’t want to have a junior (we may easily use it for a middle name though). [name_m]Silas[/name_m] also on the list; we worry it sounds too much like [name_m]Simon[/name_m]. [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] is great, and I love [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] (always hesitated to use it with my last name though, which is [name_u]Kim[/name_u]. Sounds very close to [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] Klein?). I really like [name_m]Judah[/name_m] and [name_u]Jesse[/name_u]! ([name_u]Jude[/name_u] too, husband vetoed already). [name_m]Walter[/name_m] is adorable.

Thanks so much for your ideas! It’s so helpful to have new ideas. It’s funny, my husband LOVES [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Obie[/name_m]) but it’s over-the-top for me. I do kinda like [name_m]Zeb[/name_m]. We have a soft spot for [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] but it’s off-limits as our best friends chose it for their son.

I don’t think [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_u]Kim[/name_u] sounds much like [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] Klein at all. I never would’ve made that connection unless you pointed it out.
I think [name_m]Silas[/name_m] or [name_m]Sylas[/name_m] could work even if hubby’s name is [name_m]Simon[/name_m].

I really love [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] for you! As well as the suggestion of [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]. Have you considered [name_m]Joab[/name_m]? It carries over the “B” and the nicknames “[name_m]Joe[/name_m]” and “[name_u]Joey[/name_u]” are so friendly.

I love [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] if you have a girl. If you have trouble convincing your husband of the name and are still looking for other girl names, here are some to consider that contain the letter “b.”

[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and…

[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Anabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f], [name_f]Zabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f], [name_f]Cybil[/name_f]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_f]Jacobine[/name_f], [name_f]Jacobina[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessabel[/name_f], [name_f]Jessebel[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabeau[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lisabet[/name_f], Lisabetta