Brother for Gavin, Maeve & Nora?

I would like an irish name if possible, preferably not ending in -n like [name]Gavin[/name].

I love [name]Declan[/name], but I think it sounds too matchy with [name]Gavin[/name], and is maybe a bit popular…? I also have a soft spot for [name]Fintan[/name], but it also just seems too matchy with the -n ending.

I want the unique-ness to match [name]Nora[/name], [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Gavin[/name]. So I guess that would be heard of, but not common.

Thanks!

[name]Sarah[/name]

[name]Nora[/name], [name]Gavin[/name], and [name]Maeve[/name] are all great names! I’m assuming you like the more phonetically spelled Irish names (like [name]Maeve[/name]) versus something like [name]Caoimhe[/name] (Kee-va), so I’ve left off the ones that most Americans would mess up. Here are some names you might like (many are Irish, some are Scottish/Welsh though):

[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Brady[/name]
[name]Brody[/name]
[name]Cillian[/name]/[name]Killian[/name]
[name]Clancy[/name]
[name]Conall[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Dermot[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Dougal[/name]
[name]Fergus[/name]
[name]Finbar[/name] (a good alt. to [name]Fintan[/name])
[name]Finlay[/name]/[name]Finley[/name] (another alternative to [name]Fintan[/name])
[name]Keane[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Malachy[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Niall[/name]
[name]Redmond[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Seamus[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

We have the same taste in names! I have a [name]Maeve[/name] and a [name]Ronan[/name], and I also love [name]Gavin[/name], [name]Declan[/name], etc. but cannot use them due to similar sounds to [name]Ronan[/name]. I am currently pregnant and looking for female and male names but we are a bit stumped. [name]Norah[/name] is our top pick for a female and for males, my dh loves [name]Fergus[/name] but I’m still trying to wrap my head around it. I like [name]Cormac[/name], but dh is not on board. We usually go in with a couple names for both sexes and choose a name once the baby is born.

I know this post isn’t hlepful, but I know what you are going through. Keep me updated!!!

Thanks for the replies. Im bumping this in hope of more replies! Nothing has caught my eye!
Im starting to like [name]Archie[/name] and [name]Ezra[/name] though…
WDYT of those?

I’m totally new to these funky cool names (and the name game in general) but a girlfriend of mine just named her son [name]Callum[/name] and he is the cutest little thing ever.

Your other three names are beautiful together, [name]Gavin[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], & [name]Nora[/name]! Nice work. Did you have all the names planned out ahead of time? I’m just realizing that people plan names for their kiddos well in advance so they sound nice together. I guess I’m a little late tot he party =)