Brother for Hannah and Nicholas

Hello,
I am currently pregnant with our third child, another little boy due in [name_u]December[/name_u]. We already have two children; [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] who is almost 2, and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] ‘Nick’ who is 10 months old. [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] was almost a [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], and we still love that name, but we don’t want another biblibal name. We do want something timeless however, and we are having a bit of trouble in finding the right name. We are currently thinking of [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], [name_u]William[/name_u], or [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. We like [name_u]Henry[/name_u], but we don’t want to repeat initials. Classics that we can’t use for several reasons are [name_u]Charles[/name_u], [name_u]Robert[/name_u], [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_u]Edward[/name_u], [name_m]Richard[/name_m] and [name_u]George[/name_u].

What are your opinions of [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], [name_u]William[/name_u], and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] with [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]? And do you have other suggestions that we might have overlooked?

Thanks a lot!

Splendid

1 Like

I think that all three of your boy names work really well with Hannah and Nicholas! I honestly would struggle a lot picking one, though I’m slightly leaning towards William if you’re going to call him Will.
Some other ideas:
August
Arthur
Benjamin
Desmond
Dorian
Elliot
Edgar, Edmund
Leo
Leon
Lawrence
Miles
Maxwell
Oscar
Philip
Simon
Thomas
Victor
Vincent

1 Like

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] and …

[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u]
[name_u]Edison[/name_u]
[name_m]Frank[/name_m]
[name_m]Fraser[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_u]Louie[/name_u]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_u]Stanley[/name_u]
[name_u]Sidney[/name_u]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]

X

Oh wow tough decision, I honestly like all 3 of your options with [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] & [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] and they all have good nickname options too of [name_u]Will[/name_u], [name_m]Fred[/name_m], [name_u]Olly[/name_u] etc should you want to like [name_u]Nick[/name_u]. I’ve changed my mind 3 times so I’d have to pick from a hat! (Sorry not very helpful!)

I do know siblings [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] & [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] though and always thought they work well together

[name_u]Will[/name_u] & [name_u]Nick[/name_u] sound great together too

The only few I can think of right now to add would be [name_u]Julian[/name_u] “Jules”, [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] “Alex”, [name_u]Percy[/name_u], [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] “Ben” & [name_u]Montgomery[/name_u] or [name_m]Montague[/name_m] “Monty”

I think [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], [name_u]William[/name_u], or [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] would work great! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite with [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] is [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], but they are all really nice.

[name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is fun with [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] as a quirky nickname. [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] isn’t my favorite name for some reason, maybe it’s that I prefer [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] or [name_f]Olive[/name_f] for a girl?

[name_u]William[/name_u] is a solid choice and [name_u]Will[/name_u] is a great nickname. Feels the most classic of the three.

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is fun and I love the nickname [name_u]Freddie[/name_u]. [name_u]Nick[/name_u] & [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] sound so cute as brothers.

Another one I really love is [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] ‘Max.’ Definitely has a cool edge to it while being very classic.

I like [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] and [name_u]William[/name_u], not a fan of [name_m]Frederick[/name_m].
Some other ideas….
H@nnah, Nichol@s and…
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]. [name_u]Andy[/name_u] possibly [name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]. possibly [name_u]Eli[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Karl[/name_m], [name_m]Carl[/name_m]
[name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m]
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m]. possibly [name_m]Kip[/name_m], [name_m]Topher[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. possibly [name_u]Sander[/name_u]

Good luck with your decision.

I really like all three for you. I particularly feel like [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] sounds nice with [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], classic while also feeling fresher than the other two which are quite popular at the moment. And I just adore Freddy/Freddie as a nn! So [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] gets my vote, but you really can’t go wrong here! :slight_smile:

[name_u]Oliver[/name_u], [name_u]William[/name_u] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] all fit well - I especially like Frederick!!

Some others that came to mind

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]

Oh my goodness no wonder why you are having such a hard time deciding ! The names you have picked are handsome , strong and timeless and all have great nicknames

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favourite is [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] with [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] ! I don’t know what it is but I’m just sooo drawn to [name_m]Fred[/name_m] / [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] / [name_u]Eddie[/name_u] /Derick, [name_m]Eric[/name_m] with [name_u]Nick[/name_u] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]!

[name_f]My[/name_f] second favourite is [name_u]William[/name_u] . There are lots of nicknames and it really has never fallen out of popularity. It’s so handsome and strong

[name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is a great name but I know several so it feels a little trendy right now !

[name_f]My[/name_f] very favourite though is [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] ! I know your not looking for another biblical name but [name_u]Sam[/name_u], [name_u]Nick[/name_u] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] are amazing !!! I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If I were to suggest a name it would be
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] &
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]

I do think [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] is nice though!

I like your 3 options too. I think [name_u]William[/name_u] goes with siblings slightly more :slight_smile:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts on what you’ve got so far:

Oliver-Oliver is a great name. It’s almost a little bit quirkier than [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] & [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], but it doesn’t not fit. It’s way popular though if that bothers you at all.

William-I love [name_u]William[/name_u]. It’s my personal favorite of the three. I don’t like [name_u]Will[/name_u] that much, but it’s fine & goes well w/your crew. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_u]Will[/name_u]? It may or may not be unavoidable. I like [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_u]Nick[/name_u] & [name_u]Billy[/name_u].

Frederick-This is by far the most interesting from the list. It’s handsome & strong & charming. Well known & simple but not popular. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like Fred/Freddie? [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_u]Nick[/name_u] & [name_m]Fred[/name_m] would be so cute.

Sorry for any suggestions, but a few more ideas-

[name_u]August[/name_u]

[name_u]Adrian[/name_u]

[name_u]Bennett[/name_u]

[name_u]Julian[/name_u]

[name_u]Max[/name_u]

[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]

[name_m]Maximus[/name_m]

[name_m]Martin[/name_m]

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

[name_u]Owen[/name_u]

[name_u]Rafe[/name_u]

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]

[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I love [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], but it’s a bit rhymey with [name_u]Nick[/name_u]. [name_u]Nick[/name_u] and Rick… But I still think it works, especially if he goes by [name_m]Fred[/name_m]. I like the suggestion of [name_m]Graham[/name_m], and also think you should reconsider Samuel; it’s a great fit. Have you thought about:
[name_m]Stuart[/name_m]
[name_m]Garrett[/name_m], nn Rett
[name_m]Alan[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]

I like how Hannah and Nicholas flow together and I understand not wanting to have repeat initials. If you hadn’t of pointed out that Samuel was another biblical name (because you didn’t want another biblical name) I wouldn’t of made the reference.

Other classical names that would go with Hannah and Nicholas without repeat initials:

Alexander
William
Jeremiah
Zachariah
Jeremy
Samuel
Sebastian
Alastair
James
Matthew
Christopher
Jonathan
Frederic
Andrew
Gideon
Gabriel
Henry
Jesse
Martin
Malcom
Oliver
Thomas
Elias
Elijah
Jacob
Jackson

Sorry if any of these are biblical names. I’m not sure what is biblical and what isn’t

I found this link and it may be helpful to you when looking for classic names that are not so popular at the moment but should be

I think [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] or [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] work well! They feel like similar vibes and have cute nickname options.

Other suggestions…
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_u]Cameron[/name_u]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_m]Gregory[/name_m]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_u]David[/name_u]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_m]Keith[/name_m]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_u]Daniel[/name_u]

I like [name_m]Franklin[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], and [name_u]William[/name_u]! I love [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], but since it’s one of the number one names around the world I would avoid it because there will be so many Olivers around his age and in his class.

I’m sorry for my very late reply. Being pregnant with a toddler and a baby around gets pretty busy every now and then. :sweat_smile: Thank you for all your reactions and suggestions. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like one of you pointed out, we’re a bit worried about the similarity of the Nick-Rick sounds. Especially because we are not too keen on Fred/Freddie as a nickname. Could there be any other nicknames for [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] that could go with a brother called [name_u]Nick[/name_u]? Neither [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] nor [name_u]William[/name_u] has been discarded yet, and we also like the suggestions of [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]. So we didn’t get much further yet, but with [name_u]Nick[/name_u] we only decided when he was already born, so we have got a track record going on there. :laughing:

I think [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and Oliver/William go great together. I love a [name_u]Nick[/name_u] and [name_u]Will[/name_u]!

Other names you could use are:
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]

1 Like