Brother for Lila Aveline

Hello fellow name fanatics,

I desperately need your help! I found out today that i am having a boy! This is super excited but I was convinced i was having a girl and already named her [name]Paloma[/name] lol? I have an (almost) 2 yr old name [name]Lila[/name] ([name]Leela[/name]) [name]Aveline[/name]. I chose [name]Lila[/name] as it means [name]Lilac[/name] flower in spanish and I generally like nature/flower names. [name]Aveline[/name] was a name that my sister liked and it just worked together.
I am Irish/mixed anglo but grew up in mexico so i like Latin boys names and Irish names. my partner (i will call him P below) is part american indian so he wants something to reflect his heritage and he dislike overly latin names. only like the names on the Anglo list for middle names. Its been difficult for us to agree on a name, even more difficult figuring out a middle to go with it. Please look over my list, add some, give me combo selection, tell me what works well with [name]Lila[/name].

NATURE NAMES
[name]August[/name] : only MN
[name]Zephyr[/name]: my absolute favorite! but P had a [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Zephyr[/name] so he associates it w his car. I dont see the big deal as i love the name sienna and there is a mini van named that.
Lightning: possible mn since P is fanatical about this name
[name]River[/name]: we both like river and rio but have trouble w middle names
[name]Rio[/name]

ANGLO NAMES
[name]Jagger[/name]: P’s fav but i feel its too hipster w the guy from Rascal Flats and punky brewster naming their kids jagger.
[name]Maxwell[/name]: mn P loves
[name]Gage[/name]: i love as mn
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Seamus[/name]
[name]Killian[/name]
[name]Curran[/name]

LATIN NAMES
[name]Esteban[/name]
[name]Orlando[/name]
[name]Ferdinand[/name]

Thank you so much for your suggestions and time,

[name]Meryl[/name]

[name]Meryl[/name], I was fascinated by your suggestion of American [name]Indian[/name] names. Here are some I have found: for more, go to “Search For A Name”, change gender preference to male and origin to Native American.
[name]Dasan[/name]
[name]Eja[/name]
[name]Hakan[/name]
[name]Nakos[/name]
[name]Namid[/name]
[name]Tahoe[/name]
[name]Teton[/name]
[name]Yancey[/name]
Great middle names, no?

From your suggestions, I liked:
[name]August[/name]: great middle name
[name]Rio[/name]
[name]River[/name]: but only as a middle
[name]Maxwell[/name]: great middle
[name]Jude[/name]: good as either first of middle
[name]Seamus[/name]: absolute favorite
[name]Keiran[/name]: though it sounds slightly feminine
Estaban
[name]Ferdinand[/name]: another good middle

I love your daughter’s name, and am sure you will pick a perfect one for your son. Congrats and good luck!!!

From your list I love [name]August[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Maxwell[/name], [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]River[/name]. I think these all go really well with [name]Aveline[/name].

[name]August[/name] – fabulous. Cool and handsome.
[name]Zephyr[/name] – It does seem a bit ‘celeb trendy’ though I do have a [name]Zephyr[/name] in my class (I’m a school teacher) and he is a cutey. He has a twin called [name]Sonny[/name].
[name]River[/name] – This name is up-and-coming and has a cool laid-back vibe to it. [name]River[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name] is an association for me though so I’d keep it in the middle.
[name]Rio[/name] – This works with [name]Lila[/name] but my only problem is that whenever I hear “[name]Rio[/name]” it tends to be about drugs trafficking in [name]Rio[/name] de Janeiro.
[name]Memphis[/name] – This does seem a bit ‘trendy 90s girl’ to me.

[name]Jagger[/name] – I agree, very hipster ‘celeb-trendy’. Plus it rhymes with ‘dagger’ and ‘jagged’
[name]Maxwell[/name] – Fabulous. [name]Maxim[/name] and Macsen are great variants too.
[name]Gage[/name] – It’s ok, but very butch.
[name]Jude[/name] – This is great. Cool and handsome like [name]August[/name].
[name]Atticus[/name] – ditto
[name]Seamus[/name] – It’s a strong, solid name, but I’ve never been a fan of the sound.
[name]Kieran[/name] – It’s starting to look a bit dated now.
[name]Curran[/name] – It’s right on trend but I see ‘currant bun’
[name]Corbin[/name] – This is nice. It’s on trend. But isn’t a great match with [name]Lila[/name].
[name]Jericho[/name] – Big name for a person to carry. I think of [name]Chris[/name] [name]Jericho[/name] the wrestler.

LATIN NAMES
[name]Esteban[/name] – Same as Jericjo
[name]Orlando[/name] – This has a cool edge to it. It’s a hot favourite with upper-class Brits at the moment so if you used this you would be ahead of the trend.
[name]Ferdinand[/name] – This is a lot of name, but in the middle spot I think it adds a bit of quirky class.

Suggestions to go with [name]Lila[/name]:

[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Theron[/name]
[name]Colm[/name]
[name]Niall[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Nico[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
Aidric

Combos:
[name]Jude[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Jude[/name] [name]August[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name] [name]River[/name]
[name]Zephyr[/name] [name]Orlando[/name]
[name]Corbin[/name] [name]Esteban[/name]
[name]Corbin[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Ferdinand[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]River[/name]
[name]Theron[/name] [name]August[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Colm[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Jude[/name]

[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Atticus[/name], nn [name]Max[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]

[name]Seamus[/name] [name]Skylar[/name] (nature element of sky)

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Orlando[/name] and [name]Emilio[/name] [name]Hunter[/name] nn [name]Milo[/name]

[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Lucas[/name] nn [name]Seb[/name], and [name]Augustus[/name] [name]River[/name] nn [name]Gus[/name], prefer the ‘us’ ending.

[name]Ignatius[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] nn [name]Iggy[/name], and [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Aidan[/name] or [name]Padraig[/name] nn [name]Paddy[/name]

[name]Damien[/name] [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Xavier[/name] (looks a bit like [name]River[/name]) [name]Paul[/name]

I like these names as a sibset

[name]Max[/name] and [name]Lila[/name]

[name]Felix[/name] and [name]Lila[/name]

[name]Xavier[/name] and [name]Lila[/name]

[name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Lila[/name]

Also like [name]Corbin[/name] as a mn

More suggestions

[name]Toby[/name] or [name]Tobin[/name]

[name]Terry[/name] [name]Paul[/name]

[name]Jeremiah[/name] nn [name]Jere[/name], (j’ air)

I really dislike [name]Zephyr[/name] not only that it is all car to me.

[name]Sienna[/name] has been very popular and it is now past its peak. I began to dislike it when I heard a small girl named [name]Sienna[/name] say her name was Sinner!

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mary[/name] would be much more lovely.

First off, I love [name]Lila[/name] [name]Aveline[/name]! Such a pretty name (and I think [name]Paloma[/name] was a great sib choice).

Of the names you mentioned, these are my favourites:
[name]August[/name], [name]Rio[/name], [name]Jagger[/name] (although it is a bit hipster, so maybe better as mn), [name]Maxwell[/name], [name]Gage[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Atticus[/name], [name]Kieran[/name], [name]Corban[/name], [name]Orlando[/name]

I think [name]Rio[/name]”s probably my favourite, especially when combined with [name]Atticus[/name] or [name]Maxwell[/name] as middle names. [name]Rio[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] I think goes especially well with [name]Lila[/name] [name]Aveline[/name].

A bit left field, but I thought combining your water nature names with Irish geography might work, so here are some Irish river names that might be good alternatives” [name]How[/name] about:
[name]Callan[/name]
Foyle
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Roe[/name]
Lagan
Quoile
[name]Fane[/name]
Camac
Bannagh

I forgot [name]KILLIAN[/name]. what do u think?

Thank you all for such great responses!

[name]Maria[/name]- thank you for the native american names. I don’t really like native american names as most don’t sound that nice thats why we are doing nature alternatives.

elea: thank you for the insight! i like many of your combos especially [name]Zephyr[/name] [name]Orlando[/name]. [name]Corbin[/name] is great but with the last name Coffin its not gonna work. Agree that [name]Memphis[/name] is too girly> i never thought about the [name]Jericho[/name] wrestling association… NOT good. So [name]Corbin[/name], [name]Memphis[/name] and [name]Jericho[/name] are out.

[name]Rollo[/name]: i love the idea of doing the emilio “milo” thing!

Lamp: I agree [name]Rio[/name] sounds the best with [name]Lila[/name]. And i like the idea of irish river names. [name]Callan[/name] is my fav.

[name]Do[/name] u ladies think that if I have children named [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Rio[/name] I will always have to go with this latin short name theme?

I wouldn’t use [name]Killian[/name].

On the other hand [name]Callan[/name] is lovely much, much nicer than [name]Callum[/name].

[name]Rio[/name] is unsubstantial as a stand alone name and it reminds me of the mining company [name]Rio[/name] Tinto.

I think that [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Callan[/name] would make a fantastic sibset.

I like [name]River[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name], [name]Orlando[/name] [name]Gage[/name], [name]Jude[/name] [name]Esteban[/name] as combos.

Similar ideas, (some from today’s blog posting)
[name]Caio[/name]
[name]Ozias[/name]
[name]Zebulon[/name]
[name]Aldo[/name]
[name]Artemas[/name]
[name]Birch[/name]
[name]Bryce[/name]
[name]Dakota[/name]
[name]Diego[/name]
[name]Enzo[/name]
[name]Guthrie[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Leif[/name]
[name]Mateo[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Simeon[/name]
[name]Titus[/name]
[name]Viggo[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

Hey [name]Meryl[/name],

I like [name]August[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Maxwell[/name] and [name]Atticus[/name] from your list. We’ve got some Irish heritage and were considering [name]Alby[/name] for a boy. I think that could work really well with [name]Lila[/name]. [name]Alby[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] has a nice ring to it and would blend in well with [name]Aveline[/name]. Have you checked the boys names from The [name]Baby[/name] Names of [name]Ireland[/name] website? It could give you some good ideas. We changed the spelling of [name]Thomas[/name] to [name]Tomas[/name] after deciding to go with the Irish and general European spelling of it.

Best wishes, Meegz

Oooh [name]Zebulon[/name] is wonderful!! thank you for the suggestion. [name]River[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] is great. No one has commented about LIGHTNING!!! My partner is hot on this name he really wants to use this as ,at least, a middle name. I’m not that not on it but i do want him to love our sons name.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Jude[/name], [name]Xavier[/name], and [name]Ignatius[/name]!
Also:
[name]Benicio[/name]
[name]Bernardo[/name] nn [name]Nardo[/name]
[name]Carlo[/name]
[name]Cisco[/name] - love it!
[name]Crispin[/name]
[name]Gage[/name]
[name]Ivo[/name]
[name]Joe[/name] nn for [name]Joseph[/name] (couldn’t help it!)
[name]Jethro[/name]
[name]Matteo[/name]
[name]Nico[/name]
[name]Paolo[/name]
[name]Quito[/name]
[name]Sergio[/name]
[name]Teo[/name] nn for [name]Timoteo[/name], [name]Matteo[/name]
[name]Viggo[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Meryl[/name],

Sounds like many others have already given you some great (and comprehensive!) replies, but here’s my $.02:

NATURE NAMES:
*Of those you listed, my personal favorite is [name]RIO[/name].
*A couple other ideas: [name]BAYOU[/name], [name]ARROW[/name]

CELTIC NAMES:
*A couple Scottish ideas: [name]LAIRD[/name] (if you wanted an “L,” to match [name]Lila[/name]), [name]EVER[/name]
*Irish: [name]EAMON[/name], [name]TORIN[/name], [name]RONAN[/name], [name]ROAN[/name]

LATIN NAMES:
*I like one of the previous posters’ suggestion of [name]CAIO[/name]
*Also: [name]Mateo[/name]

Good luck! Let us know what you decide!

Thank you all so much for your input. It turns out that latin names are totally out as P doesn’t like the at all. Once we decide on a handful of contenders I will repost to get your opinions.