Brother for Lucille

What would you name a brother for Lucille Juliette (We sometimes call her Lu or Lucy)?
Also, since we are trying to narrow down the list, do you see any problems with any of the names we are considering at this point?

• Maxwell “Mac”
  • Calvin “Cal”
  • Desmond “Des”
  • Wesley “Wes”
  • Frederick “Freddy”
  • Hugo
  • Elliott
  • Theodore “Theo” or “Teddy”
  • Niko
0 voters

You have some great options!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites:

[name_u]Wesley[/name_u] → charming and cool, but solid too

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] → brings a sort of regal but vintage feel to the set and is a friendly feeling name.

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] → gentle and charming. It has a similar vibe to [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] in that way.

[name_m]Desmond[/name_m] → unexpected, sort of clunky cool

[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] → I love [name_m]Mac[/name_m], and [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] is charming too

I personally don’t love:

[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] ‘Cal’ → [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] is so elegant, gentle and lovely, and [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] just feels very clunky and dated (to me)

[name_u]Niko[/name_u] → a cool name, but just not what I’d pick as a brother for [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucille[/name_f] & [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] are so refined, vintage film noir and are so fabulous together. I hope you go with them!

I also think [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] and [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] could work, although not with the same flair and appeal!

I love the vibe of [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] together, and I like that [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] starts with the last 4 letters of [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] reversed, I don’t know why but this very subtle link makes me happy.

1 Like