Brother for Maeve & Patrick

Hello! We’re expecting baby #3 (a boy) and are struggling to find the perfect name.

Older siblings are [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]. We like Irish names, but aren’t necessarily tied to them. While [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is a bit more adventurous, we tend to lean towards more traditional names for boys. We chose [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] because it’s a strong Irish name that is well known, but isn’t super popular/trendy today. We have ruled out [name_u]Liam[/name_u] and [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] because they have become too popular.

Help, is there anything similar to [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] that could work?!? Thanks for your suggestions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Connor
[name_m]Brody[/name_m]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Seamus[/name_m]
[name_u]Shane[/name_u]
[name_u]Sean[/name_u]

Cian
[name_m]Cillian[/name_m]
[name_m]Conor[/name_m]
[name_u]Devin[/name_u]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Eamon[/name_m]
[name_u]Niall[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_m]Seamus[/name_m]
[name_u]Sean[/name_u]

Any saint’s name, extra points for a Pope

Thank you! We already have a [name_m]Conor[/name_m] and [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] in our extended (but close) family so those two are out, but I like your other suggestions.

1 Like

Thanks!!

sorry for repeats!!

Maeve, [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], and…
[name_u]Aiden[/name_u]
[name_u]Brady[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u]
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u]
[name_m]Kian[/name_m]/Cian
[name_u]Killian[/name_u]/Cillian
[name_m]Collin[/name_m]
[name_m]Conan[/name_m]
[name_u]Connor[/name_u]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Cullen[/name_m]
[name_u]Declan[/name_u]
[name_u]Darren[/name_u]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_u]Devin[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
[name_u]Grady[/name_u]
[name_u]Keegan[/name_u]
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u]
[name_u]Liam[/name_u]
[name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]
[name_u]Niall[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_u]Reagan[/name_u]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_u]Sean[/name_u]
[name_m]Seamus[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]

These are all Irish names :slight_smile:

Ahhh first of all, [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] are such lovely names together! And congratulations on your third.

I’ll start with my favorite Irish names, [name_u]Kiernan[/name_u], [name_u]Curran[/name_u], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], and Mahon.

Some others you may like include [name_m]Brian[/name_m], [name_u]Declan[/name_u], [name_u]Grady[/name_u] (oh! How I love [name_u]Grady[/name_u] for your family), [name_u]Sheridan[/name_u].

For names that are like [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] comes to mind. Same with [name_u]Timothy[/name_u]. What about [name_m]Collin[/name_m] or [name_m]Colin[/name_m]? [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] is a handsome name

Maeve, [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], and Mahon
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], and [name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], and [name_u]Grady[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], and [name_u]Kiernan[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], and [name_u]Nolan[/name_u]

I think my favorites are [name_u]Grady[/name_u] and Mahon, but influenced by the fact I think Mahon is an awesome name in general

I ditto [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]’s list. :slight_smile:

I absolutely love Maeve and Patrick! They’re a lovely set. It definitely has a a lot of Irish influence but it’s also quite classic and stands on its own.

The first name that came to mind was Kevin. It has Irish roots but they aren’t as obvious as Maeve. To me the name is well known and has the same vibe as Patrick. Maeve, Patrick, and Kevin make a wonderful set.

Others that come to mind (sorry for any repeats):
Andrew
Brendan
Caleb*
Cole
Colin
David
Daniel
Eamon
Elliot
Ethan
Gregory*
Jeremy
Julian*
Owen
Robert
Simon*
Scott
Stephen
Thomas

Of these, Caleb, Gregory, Julian, and Simon are my favorites with Maeve and Patrick. Best of luck deciding!

How about [name_u]Rory[/name_u]? I think [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u] are really lovely together.

I also think any of the [name_u]Finn[/name_u] names would be great: [name_f]Fionn[/name_f], [name_m]Finnian[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], [name_m]Finbar[/name_m], [name_m]Findlay[/name_m]…

I know this is a bit more out unusual but I love [name_m]Malachy[/name_m] too, although you mightn’t want another M name.

Tadhg could work well too, as could Cormac, Ronan and Oisin.

How about [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

Maeve and [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] are gorgeous!

Maeve, Partrick and…

Ewan
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_u]Connor[/name_u]
[name_u]Killian[/name_u]
[name_m]Kian[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]

I like [name_m]Kellan[/name_m] and [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] with your sibset
Good luck !

Hi there.

I love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] & [name_m]Patrick[/name_m].

Sorry for any repeats, but how about…

Alistair

Alden

August

Brennan

Bennett

Ciaran

Cillian

Cian

Clark

Declan

Desmond

Emmett

Everett

Finn

Flynn

Ferris

Gareth

Graeme

Holden

Iain

Knox

Lachlan

Lawson

Nolan

Noel

Niall

Oscar

Ronan

Sullivan

Wilder

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

I second [name_u]Grady[/name_u], [name_u]Nolan[/name_u], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_u]Declan[/name_u], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_m]Cian[/name_m], &[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] with your sibset.

First thing that came to mind was [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], & [name_m]Desmond[/name_m]

Other ideas

Maeve, [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], & ________:

Brennan
[name_m]Malcom[/name_m]
[name_m]Cullen[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m]
[name_m]Fintan[/name_m]
[name_u]Keegan[/name_u]
[name_u]Keaton[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]/Quinlan
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_u]Tully[/name_u]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_u]Rooney[/name_u]

My first thought was [name_m]Ronan[/name_m]! It goes perfectly with your other kids names.

How about …
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
Oison
[name_m]Cian[/name_m]
[name_u]Fionn[/name_u]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Eoin[/name_m]
[name_m]Eoghan[/name_m]
[name_u]Niall[/name_u]

You’ve had lots of great suggestions but the first name that popped into my head was [name_m]Desmond[/name_m]. ([name_u]Desi[/name_u] is so cute!)

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions! We already have a [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], [name_u]Kieran[/name_u], [name_m]Brendan[/name_m] and [name_m]Conor[/name_m] in our family so we can’t use those, but I love so many of the other ideas.

My husband and I are having a tough time agreeing, but at this point, we have it narrowed down to either [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] or [name_u]Shane[/name_u]. What do you all think? [name_f]My[/name_f] concern with [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is that it is trending more towards a girl’s name recently. I don’t typically gravitate towards gender neutral names, and [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] feels like it’s leaning more towards female than gender neutral. Would love your thoughts on these two name options. Thank you!!

1 Like

Maeve, [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], & [name_u]Shane[/name_u] are great! I think that’s the way I’d go given that your other kids’ names are both definitively gendered. Plus while I like [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], it feels particularly last name-y with your kids names (to be fair I know a [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] Q uinn which I’m sure influences my opinion there).

Seconding [name_u]Shane[/name_u].
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is all girl in my area