Brother for mattea

Help me narrow down our list please!!” We have a baby boy coming in [name]August[/name].” Our daughters name is [name]Mattea[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] so we need a name that sounds good with that.” Our last name is Cox…here is what we have right now, tell me your thoughts!
[name]Augustus[/name]/[name]August[/name] ([name]Gus[/name])
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name] ([name]Zeke[/name])
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Judah[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] (nn??)
[name]Titus[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Zayne[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
This is the rest of the list, that I am not feeling for a first name right now, but with the right combination it could be… otherwise it is our middle name pool.
[name]Dominic[/name], [name]Donovan[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Gideon[/name], [name]Isaiah[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Jeremiah[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Joshua[/name], [name]Josiah[/name], [name]Levi[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Maximus[/name], [name]Micah[/name], [name]Mitchell[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Patrick[/name], [name]Sean[/name]/[name]Shawn[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Aaron[/name]
Help!!!”

ETA: [name]Hi[/name] Everyone, I am new here! The name is [name]Aubrey[/name], hubby is [name]Matthew[/name]. it’s been a long time since I have played the name game ([name]Mattea[/name] will be 6 in 1 week) and I havent had time to join boards and play games like I used to before she came along. looking forward to doing the nameing thing again.

Really? No one? Please.

[name]Mattea[/name] is so pretty!

I like all of your names except [name]Zayne[/name] (too trendy and forgettable) and [name]Titus[/name] (sounds like typhus to me). Also, out of [name]Augustus[/name] and [name]August[/name], I think [name]August[/name] is much nicer. [name]August[/name] sounds more refined while [name]Augustus[/name] sounds pretentious to me. Otherwise, all of your names are lovely!

Thanks for the input!

with the last name cox i would stay away from one syllable names, maybe even nn’s. i really like theodore nn theo. theo cox is cute. i love ezra and judah with mathea… those may be my fav for a sib set

I particularly like [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Xavier[/name] and [name]Simon[/name]. With the surname Cox, I would avoid the name [name]Isaac[/name]. “[name]Isaac[/name] Cox” has enormous teasing potential.

I like [name]Ezra[/name] or [name]Jude[/name] best with [name]Mattea[/name]. [name]Simon[/name] is nice, too.

First off, I love quite a few of the names you’ve got listed. [name]Rhys[/name] (I use the spelling [name]Reece[/name], but either way, it’s fantastic) is one of my all time favorites, and I love [name]Malcolm[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Levi[/name], [name]Micah[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] – however, I feel like these wouldn’t go well with [name]Mattea[/name], since that’s a very uncommon, ethnic sort of name.

With Mettea, I think [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Elijah[/name], [name]Dominic[/name] or [name]Sebastian[/name] would be spectacular. All four have three syllables, like [name]Mattea[/name], and are quirky and uncommon. Also, I think [name]Theodore[/name] – if you called him [name]Theo[/name] – would be awesome with [name]Mattea[/name].

Congrats and good luck!

I love the name [name]Mattea[/name]! So pretty! I think something fairly exotic and uncommon (or at least not super popular) would be the best match. Off your list I like [name]Ezra[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Judah[/name], [name]Titus[/name], and [name]Ezekiel[/name].

Combos:
[name]Ezra[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Titus[/name] [name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Judah[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]William[/name]

Thanks for your replys ladies! we’ve been with out internet for some time and are finally back online. I am just seeing most of these… well, I have a feeling baby boy is coming early so we have been working hard on narrowing down our choices… we have come to a top 5, and while I’d like to narrow it down to a top 3 before the birth I dont know if we can, LOL. our top 5 are: (in no particular order)

[name]Augustus[/name]/[name]August[/name] ([name]Gus[/name]). I get that [name]Augustus[/name] could be considered pretentious, but we are really laid back kind of people, so Im not worried about it.

[name]Rhys[/name] (This is the ONLY spelling I would use btw… the other spelling’s dont hold the same charm for me, and besides, if I could get away with it, and we decided to, many names would have their traditional spellings, Thats why the cats name is [name]Caoimhe[/name] ([name]Keeva[/name])

[name]Ezra[/name]

[name]Ezekiel[/name] (zeke)… my sister hates both [name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Ezekiel[/name], she thinks they sound hill billy-ish… but then she wants to use Riot as a middle name for her future son… which I dont get, and I hate it, so there ya go.

[name]Xavier[/name] … the only family name to make the top 5 first names… any NN suggestions?

potential combos that we like:

[name]Augustus[/name] [name]Henry[/name], [name]Augustus[/name] [name]Ezekiel[/name], [name]August[/name] [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Augustus[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Augustus[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]August[/name] [name]Xavier[/name], [name]Augustus[/name] [name]William[/name], [name]Augustus[/name] [name]Zayne[/name] (we chose to keep the y, as it is a tie in to FIL’s middle name [name]Wayne[/name])

[name]Rhys[/name] [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Mitchell[/name], [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Rhys[/name] [name]William[/name]

[name]Ezra[/name] [name]Ezekiel[/name], [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Ezra[/name] [name]William[/name]

[name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Sean[/name] , [name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]William[/name]([name]Sean[/name] [name]William[/name] is my little brother who passed away at 17yrs old)

[name]Xavier[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Augustus[/name], [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Mitchell[/name], [name]Xavier[/name] [name]William[/name], [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] (this would make his initials spell our last name backwards though, thoughts?)

**** [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Mitchell[/name], [name]Xavier[/name], [name]Sean[/name] and [name]William[/name] are family names…

He will probably have a second middle name as well, we are adopting and would like to keep part of his birth name as a middle name, but we do not know what that will be yet. Also, he will most likely be olive complected, have dark hair and eyes… any further suggestions?