Brother for Owen

Hello everyone,

DH is not playing the name game yet, and I want to start!!! We are expecting a brother for DS [name]Owen[/name] [name]Riley[/name]. Last name [name]Williams[/name].

Names I like: [name]Harvey[/name], [name]Logan[/name], [name]Nate[/name] (but not sure about [name]Nathan[/name] or [name]Nathaniel[/name]) [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Tobey[/name] (altho DH is not keen) [name]Reid[/name], [name]Callum[/name] (but not so keen on ‘m’ ending with last name)

Open to suggestions and good sounding combos!

we were going to have an [name]Owen[/name], but alas, #3 is going to be a little sister :smiley:

I saw [name]Reid[/name] on your list. my younger son is [name]Reed[/name] [name]Lucas[/name]. older son’s name, [name]Asher[/name], is not on your list; but i like it as a brother for [name]Owen[/name].

good luck!

I like [name]Logan[/name] [name]Reid[/name] [name]Williams[/name]

[name]Logan[/name] [name]Reid[/name] does sound nice. Husband came up with [name]Beau[/name] today… what do you think of the two 'O" sounding siblings - [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Beau[/name] - too similar?? Hmmm… In saying that, I’m liking [name]Toby[/name] and [name]Logan[/name], both with ‘O’ vowels…

I do keep coming back to [name]Nate[/name] though too… but I’m not sure on [name]Nathan[/name] [name]Williams[/name] (pure name association here with a school classmate) or [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Williams[/name] (long, biblical??), what are your thoughts on [name]Nate[/name] as a given name?

Other new names: [name]Grayson[/name], nn [name]Gray[/name]; [name]Clayton[/name], nn [name]Clay[/name];

[name]Welcome[/name] more suggestions??

[name]Hi[/name]! I love the name [name]Owen[/name]! For his little brother I’m liking [name]Harvey[/name], [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Reid[/name], and [name]Grayson[/name] from your list. I’m not really bothered by the repeating O sounds in [name]Beau[/name] and [name]Owen[/name], but I feel the styles are too different… and I’m just not loving [name]Beau[/name]. [name]Logan[/name] and [name]Owen[/name] have the repeating O sounds, ending -n, and same # of syllables, which I think is too much. [name]Toby[/name] has always sounded like a dog to me, but I know plenty of people like it. I’m not a fan of [name]Nathaniel[/name] (I agree with you, both too long and too biblical-sounding,) but I would give [name]Nate[/name] a full name. But you have that [name]Nathan[/name] association, so maybe not your best option. Also, I love [name]Callum[/name] but agree that it doesn’t sound great with [name]Williams[/name]. Maybe [name]Callan[/name]? Here are my favorites, with a few suggestions added:

[name]Harvey[/name] [name]Williams[/name]*
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Williams[/name]
[name]Reid[/name] [name]Williams[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] [name]Williams[/name]** (love this-- [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Owen[/name] are a great set!)
[name]Rhys[/name]/[name]Reese[/name] [name]Williams[/name]*
[name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Williams[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Williams[/name]*

Good luck :slight_smile:

Back again!! Getting close now, so I need more suggestions, [name]Owen[/name] and…

My favourite stills stands: [name]Harvey[/name] [name]Reid[/name] or [name]Harvey[/name] [name]Gray[/name]
DH thinks [name]Harvey[/name] sounds good for a boy but can’t picture this on an adult…? Hmm, can you suggest adult [name]Harvey[/name] for me so I can do battle :slight_smile:

I like [name]Finn[/name], but think it’s quite popular?? [name]How[/name] would you spell [name]Findlay[/name]/[name]Finley[/name]??

Others i like but aren’t really going anywhere with the hubby are: [name]Reid[/name], [name]Vaughn[/name], [name]Ashton[/name], [name]Grayson[/name], [name]Drew[/name]

Like [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Reid[/name], [name]Grayson[/name] [name]Kane[/name],

Middle name for [name]Kane[/name] [name]Williams[/name]?

Cheers

I like [name]Finn[/name] as a short name. :slight_smile:

I also have an [name]Owen[/name]! I have 2 sons, [name]Owen[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]. [name]Rhys[/name] was ALMOST [name]Reid[/name]! I like them both very much. [name]Reid[/name] is also Celtic like [name]Owen[/name] and a short strong name. I also like [name]Grayson[/name] [name]Kane[/name] on your list and [name]Gray[/name] would be a cool nn with [name]Owen[/name]. I think [name]Logan[/name] and [name]Beau[/name] sound too much like the O sound in [name]Owen[/name].

Good luck!!

What about [name]Tate[/name]? [name]Owen[/name] + [name]Tate[/name] = super cute!

I love [name]Owen[/name]!
[name]Harvey[/name] - I like it but it makes the pair seem a little older. The first adult [name]Harvey[/name] I think of is [name]Harvey[/name] Keitel, and he is not juvenile at all. [name]Love[/name] [name]Harvey[/name] [name]Gray[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name] - I would actually just use [name]Gray[/name] or [name]Grey[/name], which I like a lot and prefer to the trendier [name]Grayson[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] - I would spell it [name]Finley[/name] but for this one I think [name]Finn[/name] could be the given name too
[name]Reid[/name] - a good fit with [name]Owen[/name] - [name]Reid[/name] [name]Harvey[/name] [name]Williams[/name]?
[name]Vaughn[/name] - I like this name but not as much with [name]Owen[/name]. and [name]Vaughn[/name] [name]Williams[/name] sounds a bit like [name]Von[/name] [name]Williams[/name] as if it’s one surname
[name]Ashton[/name] - dated and going to the girls
[name]Drew[/name] - ok
[name]Logan[/name], [name]Beau[/name], [name]Toby[/name] - as others have said it’s too much O with [name]Owen[/name].

My favorites are [name]Grey[/name] and [name]Harvey[/name].

[name]Just[/name] wanted to point out that [name]Vaughan[/name] [name]Williams[/name] is a famous English composer… he may not be very well known here in the US and is certainly not a bad person to share a name with, but something to keep in mind!

I also see [name]Harvey[/name] as one of the least youthful on your list! I know a couple of old Harveys and no young ones, but I do think it would be cute on a little boy and age well.

I’m liking [name]Gray[/name] more than [name]Grayson[/name], and I like [name]Finn[/name] much more than any longer [name]Fin[/name]- name. [name]Finn[/name] does seem to be getting popular, though I’ve never met or heard of one in real life. It depends on your area, I suppose!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, we have decided to go with [name]Harvey[/name], ([name]Owen[/name] and [name]Harvey[/name]) just getting down to middle names…

[name]Harvey[/name] [name]Reid[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name] [name]Gray[/name]

(sigh) finally happy with names, come on baby… now you can arrive!