Brother for Rasmus

I’m looking for a brother name for [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m]. The name [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] means “beloved” so I’m kind of looking for the same upbeat/positive meaning here. I have considered [name_m]Erling[/name_m], [name_m]Torvald[/name_m] and [name_m]Toivo[/name_m] as brother names but I don’t think they quite fit.

If that helps, both characters are the sons of a count - they’re both sophisticated, well-mannered young individuals but initially do not share a bond with eachother because of personality differences

Rasmus is more of an artistic soul with a love of diplomacy and philosophy. He has long, curly blond hair, blue eyes and is rather scrawny. His brother is very interested in sports like archery and outdoor activities like hunting and swimming. He’s more muscular, taller and also 6 years older than his brother. [They’re 15 and 21].

Dathan. “fountain” - sparkling, upbeat, unusual but similar to [name_m]Nathan[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Amadeus

1 Like

Some options:

Theomund (“fortunate protector”)
[name_m]Wyndham[/name_m] (“from the windy village”)
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u] (“of the highest quality”)
[name_m]Arvo[/name_m] (“value, worth”)
[name_m]Sebulon[/name_m] (“exaltation; little dwelling”)

If these are way off the mark, hopefully they’ll at least keep the ideas following.

2 Likes

Dacre
[name_u]Adair[/name_u]
[name_m]Arturo[/name_m]
[name_m]Sulien[/name_m]
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
Corinthian
or [name_m]Esau[/name_m]?

1 Like

Rasmus + [name_m]Havard[/name_m] (protector)
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] + [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] (light)
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] + [name_m]Andrius[/name_m] (strong)

1 Like

Rasmus is a common Danish name, so I am going to give you some other Scandinavia names. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] and [name_m]Victor[/name_m] are pretty good. There are also [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], [name_m]Anders[/name_m] and [name_m]Peter[/name_m].

2 Likes

Also thought of [name_m]Silas[/name_m].

1 Like

I love [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Torvald[/name_m]!

Rasmus & [name_m]Alban[/name_m]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Aldric[/name_m]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & Cadfan
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Corbett[/name_m]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Finlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Gilead[/name_m]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Hershel[/name_m]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Ingram[/name_m]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Leonid[/name_m]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Lucan[/name_m]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Omri[/name_m]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Oswin[/name_m]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Pascal[/name_m]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_u]Pascoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Teague[/name_m]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Tristram[/name_m]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] & [name_m]Zeno[/name_m]

1 Like

@IndiRaine I love both [name_m]Dathan[/name_m] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] - [name_m]Silas[/name_m] seems somewhat too current to use in the fantasy setting of the story tho! [name_m]Dathan[/name_m] is a new name for me and it’s lovely. Too bad the biblical association seems to be pretty negative, but it doesn’t bother me that much.

Dathan [name_m]Zeno[/name_m] - “fountain of hospitality” is one combo that I made and considered, lol

@Johannaa Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately I have too strong of an association with the Austrian composer to imagine the name on anyone else. It’s lovely regardless :heartpulse:

@bertha_bernard Most of those names hit the mark beautifully! Especially [name_m]Arvo[/name_m] , but also [name_m]Sebulon[/name_m], [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] and [name_m]Theomund[/name_m]! Thank you for taking the time to highlight each meanig!

Names I considered for him using your suggestions:
[name_m]Arvo[/name_m] [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] - “valuable friend of God”
[name_m]Andrius[/name_m] [name_m]Theomund[/name_m] - “strong, fortunate protector”
[name_m]Esau[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] - “hair of the highest quality” :sweat_smile: (their mother is meant to be quite a vain person)
[name_m]Zeno[/name_m] [name_m]Sebulon[/name_m] - “hospitality and exaltation”; “hospitality in the little dwelling” :heart_eyes:

@EdgeOfTheMeadow Wonderful suggestions! Especially [name_m]Esau[/name_m] and [name_m]Dacre[/name_m] seem to fit well with [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m]! [name_m]Sulien[/name_m] is sure to be the name of another character.

I considered [name_m]Dacre[/name_m] [name_m]Toivo[/name_m] here - “trickling stream of hope” is a very poetic meaning. :star2: Also [name_m]Esau[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u], which was mentioned before.

@TeaJay All of the suggestions are great and again - thanks for taking the time to highlight each meaning! Using your suggestions, I came up with:

Andrius [name_m]Theomund[/name_m]
[name_m]Alban[/name_m] [name_m]Havard[/name_m] - “fair/white protector”
[name_m]Omri[/name_m] [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] “my sheaf of light”

By clicking on [name_m]Andrius[/name_m] I also discovered [name_m]Eligius[/name_m] :heartpulse: and came up with [name_m]Eligius[/name_m] [name_m]Tristram[/name_m] , which would mean “to choose sorrow”. Quite a depressing meaning but reflects the circumstances of his birth well.

@KristinaBrix Good suggesitons! I’m not too familliar with Danish names so I didn’t really realise that so many of them are also used in the [name_f]English[/name_f]-speaking world as top/classic choices! [Oliver, [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_m]Peter[/name_m]]. I consider [name_m]Victor[/name_m] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] as good middle name options
[name_m]Aldric[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m] - “victorious old, wise ruler”
[name_m]Havard[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m] - “victorious protector”
[name_m]Theomund[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m] - victorious, fortunate protector"
[name_m]Aldric[/name_m] [name_m]Simon[/name_m] - “old, wise ruler who listens”

@columbiacharm I really like most of your sugestions! [name_m]Zeno[/name_m], [name_m]Omri[/name_m], [name_m]Alban[/name_m] and [name_m]Aldric[/name_m] seem especially fitting for this patricular character as first names! [name_m]Teague[/name_m], [name_m]Gilead[/name_m], [name_u]Pascoe[/name_u] and [name_m]Ingram[/name_m] I’ll definitely keep on my side character list!

I’m closer to a decision and I think I managed to get it down to top 5 names favourites, as well as having some amazing combos for the other male cast members, so all I can say is thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Some more suggestions:
[name_m]Iver[/name_m]- Scandinavian name meaning archer
[name_m]Remus[/name_m]- fitting for brothers that dont share a bond
Severen
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Theon[/name_m]
[name_m]Caius[/name_m]
[name_m]Octavian[/name_m]

1 Like