Brother for Rhys and Keegan

Looking for suggestions/opinions. I’m pregnant with my 3rd boy. I had a hard time naming the first two! I have [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] P- and [name_u]Keegan[/name_u] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] P-

For the third I’d like to use [name_m]Robert[/name_m] as a middle name(The name of both my grandfathers) and I’d like it to compliment the other two but not be too matchy with either. So far my favorites are

Lachlan [name_m]Robert[/name_m] (too weird/hard to pronounce in the US?) or
[name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] (worried about how far this has drifted towards a girls name)

I also like [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] but don’t think they go well with [name_m]Robert[/name_m]. Could use [name_u]Sean[/name_u] as a middle if there’s a great first name that just won’t go with [name_m]Robert[/name_m].

Opinions/suggestions/concerns? Thanks!!

Avery or [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]!!!

Avery is actually about half and half boys and girls I love it for either gender.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]! I think it fits really well with your sons’ names. I don’t think it’d be too hard to pronounce in the US- I’m in [name_u]California[/name_u] and I know a teenage [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] who doesn’t have any trouble.

1 Like

I love your sons’ names! And I love the idea of using [name_m]Robert[/name_m] as a middle for your third–it sounds like it’s very meaningful to you.

Lachlan–I’m in the U.S. and wouldn’t have any trouble with this. You might get the occasional mispronunciation, but I think [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] is familiar enough that most people would get it right (and certainly be easily corrected if they didn’t get it the first time!). And [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] is such a handsome combo!

Avery–Oh, I love [name_u]Avery[/name_u]. I think it works really nicely for a boy, and it’s still well-used for boys in the U.S. despite being more popular for girls. [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] makes a great combo. I’d skip this one if the occasional incorrect gender assumption will bother you, but if you can get past that, I really like it.

I quite like the rest of your list, too (especially [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]), but I agree with you that they’re maybe not perfect with [name_m]Robert[/name_m]. That said, first and middle names are said together infrequently enough that I wouldn’t let that stop you if you prefer one of those options (without considering middles, I think [name_u]Everett[/name_u] would be my favorite from your list as a brother for [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] and [name_u]Keegan[/name_u]).

I’ll also suggest:

Nolan [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Lincoln[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Archer[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Kian[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Declan[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Reilly[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] would be perfectly fine in the US! I think the majority of people won’t struggle with the pronunciation even if they are unfamiliar with the name. I also think [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] flows better than [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m].

Overall, [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] is really handsome and goes well with your older sons’ names. I vote [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]!

Quinn [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts-

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]-I think that [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] is perfect! Not too weird at all. It’s sporty & boyish, but also has a sweet feeling. It fits in great w/Rhys & [name_u]Keegan[/name_u]. Also, [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] flows nicely.

[name_u]Avery[/name_u]-So handsome & charming for a boy, but unfortunately most of the people in the U.S. have made this into a girl name. I wouldn’t use it on a boy.

[name_u]Rory[/name_u]-Kind of cute, but not my favorite. [name_m]Just[/name_m] kind of hard to say, but that may just be me.

[name_u]Everett[/name_u]-This is handsome. [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Sean[/name_u] sounds good. I don’t think that [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] is too terrible. [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is pretty popular if that bothers you. A little fancy sounding w/Rhys & [name_u]Keegan[/name_u] too.

[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]-I like this, but mainly for the nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u]. [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], [name_u]Keegan[/name_u] & [name_u]Kit[/name_u] would be cute!

A few more ideas-

[name_u]Brennan[/name_u]

[name_m]Conor[/name_m]

[name_m]Conall[/name_m]

[name_u]Chase[/name_u]

[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]

[name_m]Dawson[/name_m]

[name_u]Declan[/name_u]

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]

[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]

[name_m]Eamon[/name_m]

[name_u]Finn[/name_u]

[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]

[name_m]Ferris[/name_m]

[name_u]Grady[/name_u]

[name_u]Holden[/name_u]

[name_m]Jack[/name_m]

[name_m]Knox[/name_m]

[name_u]Levi[/name_u]

[name_m]Lawson[/name_m]

[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]

[name_m]Malachy[/name_m]

[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]

[name_u]Niall[/name_u]

[name_u]Owen[/name_u]

[name_m]Patrick[/name_m]

[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]

[name_m]Seamus[/name_m]

[name_m]Tucker[/name_m]

[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]

[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

Granted I’m from Aus/NZ where [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] is much more common but I think [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] is perfect for you! [name_f]Lockie[/name_f] is a really cute nn too.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]!
Other suggestions:
[name_u]Callum[/name_u]
[name_m]Keith[/name_m]
[name_u]Liam[/name_u]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u]

Lachlan is great with [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] and [name_u]Keegan[/name_u]! If you think its confusing in the U.S., you could spell it [name_f]Locklyn[/name_f].

Other suggestions:
[name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Jensen[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Clay[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

Keegan [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] “[name_u]Rory[/name_u]” would make awesome sibset!!

I really like [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] with [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] and [name_u]Keegan[/name_u].

I love [name_u]Avery[/name_u] on a boy. I know an Averman who goes by [name_u]Avery[/name_u] if you are worried about it being too “gone to the girls”

When I think of [name_u]Keegan[/name_u] and [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] these names come to mind
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]/ [name_u]Dillon[/name_u]
[name_u]Tyson[/name_u]
[name_u]Tyler[/name_u]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] / [name_m]Weston[/name_m]
Fits
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Brock[/name_m]
[name_m]Fergus[/name_m]

I really like [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] and I love the name [name_u]Everett[/name_u], but like you said, it doesn’t go with the middle name [name_m]Robert[/name_m]. What about [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Keegan[/name_u] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], and…

William [name_m]Robert[/name_m] (nn: [name_u]Billy[/name_u], [name_m]Will[/name_m], or [name_u]Pim[/name_u])
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] (nn: [name_u]Zeke[/name_u])
[name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] (nn: [name_u]Sam[/name_u])
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] (nn: [name_m]Ned[/name_m] or [name_m]Ted[/name_m])
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] (nn: [name_m]Hank[/name_m])
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] (nn: [name_u]Paddy[/name_u])
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] (nn: [name_u]Issa[/name_u] or [name_m]Zack[/name_m])
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] (nn: [name_u]Georgie[/name_u])

LMK what you think!!

[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Sean[/name_u]

[name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Weston[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Easton[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Pippin[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

Those are all a little more common(?)/well known(?) than what I’m looking for. [name_f]My[/name_f] style is more unusual but not completely wacky. Definitely rooted in history rather than made up and I will not deviate from traditional spellings either.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Tucker[/name_m] and [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]. I prefer [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] to [name_u]Declan[/name_u] and I did write down [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m] which is similar to [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]. [name_m]Malachy[/name_m] just makes me think of the bad ‘80s Children of the Corn movies. Maybe an obscure reference but it’s in my head!

Maybe I should have included there are a LOT of boys in our family. There is already a [name_m]Colin[/name_m], 2 Nathans, [name_m]Craig[/name_m], [name_m]Mike[/name_m], [name_u]Jay[/name_u], [name_u]Sean[/name_u], [name_u]Tyler[/name_u], [name_u]Connor[/name_u], [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] and a [name_u]Liam[/name_u]. Our close friends have [name_m]Vance[/name_m] and [name_u]Evan[/name_u] which I would also avoid.

Ha, there are a ton of little boys in my family too. Including a [name_u]Liam[/name_u] & a [name_m]Seamus[/name_m]. [name_m]Malachy[/name_m] is another little nephew, & it’s the Irish form of [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] said ‘[name_u]Mal[/name_u]-uh-key’ instead of ‘[name_u]Mal[/name_u]-uh-kye.’.