Brother for Wyatt and Cole

[name]Wyatt[/name] Fusayoshi and [name]Cole[/name] Yasuyoshi, the boys are half-japanese, and last name is 2 syllables starting with P. We have MN Tadayoshi picked for baby.

We are looking for 1 or 2 syllable first name that can meet multiple rules including:
Can’t have names that start with W or C, because of the first two boys. Additionally don’t want J (dislikes) or K (same sound as C) or P (because of last name). Furthermore don’t want anything that ends with double t.

For your curiosity:
Fusayoshi = growing strength
Yasuyoshi = growing serenity
Tadayoshi = growing towards perfection

We need help brainstorming names that go well with the other two, all help is appreciated! Thank You, Thank You Very Much!

What great names! For #3, something surname-y, and/or Western-y, too, seems possibly in order. Also, maybe, between 50 and 100 or so on SSA ([name]Wyatt[/name] is 57, [name]Cole[/name] 89). Hmm.

[name]Asher[/name] Tadayhosi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Asher[/name]) (#139, Western-y and surname-y)
[name]Austin[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Austin[/name]) (#64, Western)
[name]Dylan[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Dylan[/name] (#31, Western-y and surname-y)
[name]Ethan[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Ethan[/name] (#2, Western)
[name]Easton[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Easton[/name]) (#145, surname-y)
[name]Eli[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Eli[/name]) (#65, Western)
[name]Evan[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Evan[/name]) (#36, Western-y and surname-y)
[name]Gage[/name] Tadayhoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Gage[/name]) (#152, Western-y and surname-y)
[name]Gavin[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Gavin[/name]) (#37, Western-y and surname-y)
[name]Graham[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Graham[/name]) (#284, surname-y)
[name]Hudson[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Hudson[/name]) (#138, surname-y)
[name]Isaac[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Isaac[/name]) (#39, Western)
[name]Levi[/name] Tadayhosi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Levi[/name]) (#70, Western)
[name]Luke[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Luke[/name]) (#45, Western)
[name]Mason[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Mason[/name]) (#12, surname-y)
[name]Nathan[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Nathan[/name]) (#27, surname-y)
[name]Ryder[/name] Tadayhosi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Ryder[/name]) (#135, surname-y and Western-y)
[name]Seth[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Seth[/name]) (#165, Western-y)
[name]Travis[/name] Tadayoshi P. ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Travis[/name]) (#177, Western-y and surname-y)

What do you think? I think going below 200 in popularity will start to be more different from [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Cole[/name], but could definitely still work.

All best!

Sorry if already mentioned…

[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Ross[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Chase[/name] (I know it starts with a C but it’s a different sound)
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Bryce[/name]
[name]Shane[/name]
[name]Mason[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Devin[/name]
[name]Travis[/name]
[name]Lance[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]
[name]Blaine[/name]
[name]Dean[/name]

@jesba - Thank you for taking so much time to help. We’ve actually considered about half of them, which I’m gonna take as a positive sign. My wife likes [name]Luke[/name] (she originally wanted [name]Lucas[/name] ever since she was pregnant with our first son, [name]Wyatt[/name]), I coached soccer and we had 2 Dylans on our team, but it’s a good name, wife said she doesn’t want a double initial ([name]Travis[/name]), and that’s also my step-brother’s name. We also know kids named [name]Asher[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Gage[/name], and [name]Hudson[/name]. [name]Seth[/name] is on my wife’s short list as well.

You make a good point about keeping the popularity the same. Thanks again for your suggestions.

[name]Glad[/name] it helped! Yeah, there was overlap with the poster after me too, also a good sign maybe, you have a fairly clear style, which is nice in thinking about what will work. Good luck!

More ideas-
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Brady[/name]
[name]Landon[/name]
[name]Brock[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
Noah
Drew

@jennipea382 and @lis09 - We have thought about most of those names, so I guess we’re not completely off. [name]Chase[/name] could have been a consideration (aside from the C issue), but my brother-in-law’s name is [name]Chasen[/name].

We know kids named [name]Noah[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Chase[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Zane[/name], and [name]Landon[/name]. [name]Drew[/name] could have also been a consideration, but my cousin’s son’s name is [name]Andrew[/name], so that’s too close, [name]IMO[/name].

Thanks to both of you…

Thanks for all the help so far. I’d like to share DW’s short list for your opinions/considerations.

[name]Reece[/name]/[name]Reese[/name] -this is her #1, but I’m concerned that it’s an androgynous name.
[name]Ben[/name] - We both like this but wish it were more interesting, esp. compared to our other boys names.
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Devin[/name]/[name]Devon[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Sage[/name] - Her Grandfather is named [name]Seiji[/name]

I like the majority of your wife’s short list! [name]Seth[/name] and [name]Ben[/name] stick out to me the most, though… if you want a more interesting variation, have you considered [name]Reuben[/name], [name]Bennett[/name], or [name]Benjamin[/name]? [name]Benedict[/name] could even work, but brings to mind the American revolutionary-war-era traitor.

I also love [name]Reece[/name]/[name]Reese[/name], and while it does seem to be growing more unisex, the original spelling, [name]Rhys[/name], seems to maintain its masculinity. [name]Rhys[/name]/[name]Reese[/name] has the same masculine, rough-and-tumble, cowboy image that [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Cole[/name] have, imo. I think [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Rhys[/name] would be a lovely trio! I also love [name]Bennett[/name] with your boys.

Good luck!

[name]Reece[/name]/[name]Reese[/name] - The only [name]Reese[/name] I know is a female, but I know it’s “supposed” to be a male name. I like the [name]Rhys[/name] spelling personally.
[name]Ben[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it if it’s short for [name]Benjamin[/name]! [name]Bennett[/name] is a good alternative.
[name]Noah[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Seth[/name] - Not my favorite but I like it!
[name]Devin[/name]/[name]Devon[/name] - I’d totally use this name if I hadn’t dated a [name]Devin[/name]. I like it spelled [name]Devin[/name].
[name]Ethan[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it but it’s really really popular (if you’re in the US, can’t remember if you said).
[name]Dylan[/name] - It’s not my favorite but I think it goes really well with your other names!
[name]Owen[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Sage[/name] - Honestly, I feel like this name doesn’t fit at all. [name]Don[/name]'t really like it, sorry!

I love [name]Noah[/name], [name]Seth[/name] and [name]Devon[/name] on your wife’s list! I think [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Devon[/name] would be adorable =)

Other ideas…

[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Blake[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Grayson[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Hendrix[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Lennon[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Xander[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Jenson[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Reid[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Samson[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Theo[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Drake[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]August[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Brody[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Declan[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Marshall[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Spencer[/name]

[name]Seth[/name] and [name]Owen[/name] are my favorites! I thought of [name]Reid[/name], also - WDYT?

My mother suggested this name also, but DW likes others better. Good thinking though, Thank You!

This is my personal favorite but I can’t get her to budge on it.

DW has hardly budged on her list, only changing [name]Ethan[/name] for [name]Evan[/name] and adding [name]Vaughn[/name].

Here it is, with her preferred spellings:
[name]Ben[/name]
[name]Devin[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Reece[/name]
[name]Ryder[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]

She doesn’t really [name]LOVE[/name] any names, but likes all of these. Would it be bad to put all the names into a hat and just go with whichever gets drawn out?

Thank You all for all of your suggestions and advice.

[name]Vaughn[/name] is my maiden name, so it’s weird for me to see it as a first name option. However, I think it would fit in nicely with your [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Cole[/name].

[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], & [name]Vaughn[/name]. They’re all surnames, all have the nice western sound, and are all handsome as can be! :slight_smile:

[name]Shame[/name] she won’t budge on my suggestion of [name]Marshall[/name], I seriously love the idea of that with your boys names.

[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Seth[/name] is the sibset that is catching my eye, think it fits perfectly.

Which ones on her list are you loving?

[name]Marshall[/name] is the one I love. To be fair, before that I loved [name]Hoyt[/name] and [name]Boyd[/name] and [name]Beau[/name], but got away from those when I thought of [name]Marshall[/name].

[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Boyd[/name] sound really nice together in my opinion :cool:

[name]Seth[/name], [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] are my picks that I think fit well in style, length and popularity.

[name]Love[/name] your current [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Cole[/name] combination!!