Brother for Zadon (something not popular!)

Hey all,

My sister and I were talking about names the other day since she recently found out she’s pregnant with her second child. For a girl, they’ve already decided on [name]Coralie[/name], nn [name]Cora[/name], a name my sister has loved ever since we were kids. (Full name will most likely be [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Blythe[/name], which I love! Plus, [name]Zade[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] are too cute together!) They are really struggling with boys names though. They have a five-year-old son named [name]Zadon[/name]. My sister barely did any research when she was pregnant with [name]Zadon[/name], ultimately choosing a popular-sounding name without realizing it. It was only after meeting the two Caidens, the [name]Ayden[/name], and the [name]Braedon[/name] in his Kindergarten class that she began to feel a little unsure of his name.

For this potential second son, she really wants a name that wouldn’t clash with [name]Zadon[/name], but isn’t any where near as trendy or popular. I’ve already helped her create a decent list, but she could still use some suggestions since nothing’s really fitting quite yet. Essentially, we’re looking for something unusual and uncommon that would fit with [name]Zadon[/name] (and maybe [name]Coralie[/name], since if they ever have a girl, thats 99% chance going to be her name). So far we have:

[name]Fergus[/name] (nn [name]Gus[/name])
[name]Malachy[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Bridger[/name] (nn [name]Brigg[/name])
[name]Everest[/name] (would this get mistaken for [name]Everett[/name] a lot?)
[name]Gregor[/name]
[name]Gunther[/name]
[name]Kiefer[/name]
[name]Lochner[/name]
[name]Lysander[/name]
[name]Traveler[/name]
[name]Wilder[/name]

Any suggestions would be beyond helpful! Thanks!

• [name]Sydnee[/name] (and her sis, [name]Stella[/name])

Off the list y’all made, I vote [name]Gregor[/name]! Very manly, handsome name, unique but not popular…but not odd either. Very nice!

If Z names are your sister’s thing…(her [name]Zadon[/name] reminded me of some brothers I know, Zanden and Zeigen) and I also know a Hungarian (a very attractive and sweet guy) named Zolten aka Zolt.

[name]Zade[/name] and Zolt are cute together if using the same first letter doesn’t bother her in a sibset.

[name]Future[/name] sibset [name]Zadon[/name], [name]Gregor[/name], and [name]Coralie[/name] sounds very nice and rounded to me, like family heritage type names, but it may sound eclectic to others.

I am all about [name]Lysander[/name]! I am so so so happy to see it on someone’s list. Yes, [name]Zadon[/name] is trendy but it might not sound as such next to a name like [name]Lysander[/name]. Oh, my goodness. I really sincerely hope she uses it. Also, please let her know that we’re glad she came around to less trendy names before she had 3 other kids named [name]Caiden[/name], [name]Langdon[/name], and Kindley ( p.s. I actually had a nightmare about that name last night. My best friend who is pregnant and their top name is [name]Aiden[/name] came up to me and said “What do you think of Kindley for a boy?” I’m pretty sure I woke up in a cold sweat.)

Ideas-
[name]Barrett[/name]
Ezekial
[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Uriah[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Casimer[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Walker[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]

Thanks guys for your suggestions and thoughts! Luckily, my sister lives right down the street from me, so its been easy getting your advice to her.

Unfortunately, jerinnyx, my sister isn’t into names starting with the same letter. Our family has seven kids each starting with S (we are [name]Stephen[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Sage[/name] (girl), [name]Stella[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Sydnee[/name] (me!), and [name]Sailor[/name] (girl)), and so we’ve all tried to avoid that in naming our children. (I think my brother [name]Stephen[/name] has one of the best sibsets I know: his kids are [name]Max[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], & [name]Imogen[/name] (twins!). Gosh, I love them all so much!) I also think [name]Gregor[/name] goes really well with [name]Zadon[/name] (and [name]Coralie[/name]). [name]Stella[/name] says its one of her favorites too.

Wow, [name]Jennie[/name], looks like you love the name [name]Lysander[/name] :wink: Its definitely near the top of the list for my sister’s husband, but [name]Stella[/name] is worried that it doesn’t have an accessible enough nickname. [name]Zadon[/name] is called [name]Zade[/name] about 60% of the time, and [name]Coralie[/name] transitions easily into [name]Cora[/name], but [name]Lysander[/name]? She’s thinking [name]Zade[/name] and [name]Sander[/name] right now, but she’s not totally loving it. oh goodness, yes, thank goodness she decided to stay away from names like [name]Zadon[/name] with this and future babies. I do not want nephews [name]Caiden[/name], [name]Langdon[/name], and Kindley (Kindley? where does that even come from??) or nieces [name]Kayla[/name], Myleigh, and Brynlea for that matter!

Wonderful suggestions, lis09! [name]Stella[/name] likes [name]Barrett[/name] (she thinks the nickname [name]Barry[/name] is cute!), [name]Angus[/name] (she loves [name]Zade[/name] and [name]Gus[/name]), [name]Dashiell[/name] (although I love this name…), [name]Lionel[/name], and [name]Walker[/name]. She also likes [name]Ezra[/name], but is unsure if she wants to use it because of my daughter Esm”.

Thanks again, and I will hopefully be posting a reviewed list once [name]Stella[/name] and her husband have mulled over the names a bit. If anyone has more suggestions, please post them! They’d love all the names you can give.

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

Update on my sister’s list!

Over the weekend, [name]Stella[/name] and her husband narrowed down their list and have selected the potential middles. They would love to hear your honest thoughts and opinions and would enjoy seeing your favorite combos. Thanks so much! (Big brother is [name]Zadon[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name], nn [name]Zade[/name], for reference)

First Names:
[name]Fergus[/name] (nn [name]Gus[/name])
[name]Angus[/name] (nn [name]Gus[/name])
[name]Everest[/name] (nn [name]Ever[/name])
[name]Gregor[/name] (nn [name]Greg[/name])
[name]Lysander[/name] (nn [name]Sander[/name])
[name]Wilder[/name] (nn [name]Wild[/name])
[name]Barret[/name] (nn [name]Barry[/name])
[name]Dashiell[/name] (nn [name]Dash[/name])
[name]Lionel[/name] (nn either [name]Lion[/name] or [name]Leo[/name])
[name]Rowan[/name] (nn Row) - [name]Zadon[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name]: too matchy? [name]Stella[/name]'s husband is almost in love with the name [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Traveler[/name], but can’t get over how close [name]Zadon[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] are.

Middle Names: (all of the names have family importance - although they are not family names - so the middles probably won’t change. but, if you have a stellar suggestion, let her know!)
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Fox[/name]
Stripes
[name]Traveler[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name] (her husband really wants to use this to honor her, but [name]Stella[/name]'s not so eager)

Again, any thoughts are appreciated! (or suggestions if you have more)

• [name]Sydnee[/name] & [name]Stella[/name]

[name]Fergus[/name] (nn [name]Gus[/name]) - this could work for your sister because fergus paired with zadon seems more alternative rather than trendy, i love gus!
[name]Angus[/name] (nn [name]Gus[/name]) - i can’t see this name without thinking angus beef, i much prefer fergus!
[name]Everest[/name] (nn [name]Ever[/name]) - i do think this could get confused as everett, as you mentioned, since everett is used much more, it’s also a lot of sound for me - i do prefer everett, but this isn’t bad - everett does follow the surname trend though and your sister seems to want to stay away from anything trendy
[name]Gregor[/name] (nn [name]Greg[/name]) - not trendy with a well-accepted nickname - awesome!
[name]Lysander[/name] (nn [name]Sander[/name]) - i like sander, but lysander just reminds me of lysol. what about just going with sander? or xander?
[name]Wilder[/name] (nn [name]Wild[/name]) - i really like this name because it is my good friend’s last name, so i am too biased! i wouldn’t use wild as a nickname she’d use all the time - if she mostly calls him wilder i really like it
[name]Barret[/name] (nn [name]Barry[/name]) - barret reminds me of barrette and barry just isn’t old enough to be cool to me yet
[name]Dashiell[/name] (nn [name]Dash[/name]) - love, zade and dash are pretty cool!
[name]Lionel[/name] (nn either [name]Lion[/name] or [name]Leo[/name]) - this is really weird since lionel means lion, but lionel seems like a really mousy name to me. i prefer simply leo.
[name]Rowan[/name] (nn Row) - a little too close, yes - also rowan traveler sounds like ‘rowing traveler’

Middle Names:
[name]Rowan[/name] - [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Fox[/name] - [name]Gregor[/name] [name]Fox[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Fox[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Fox[/name]
Stripes - [name]Gregor[/name] Stripes, [name]Dashiell[/name] Stripes, [name]Lionel[/name] Stripes
[name]Traveler[/name] - [name]Fergus[/name] [name]Traveler[/name], [name]Leo[/name] [name]Traveler[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name] - [name]Gregor[/name] [name]Stellan[/name], [name]Xander[/name] [name]Stellan[/name], [name]Barett[/name] [name]Stellan[/name]

What is DH’s name?

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

[name]Stella[/name]'s DH is named [name]Philip[/name] (mostly a [name]Phil[/name] though), which is part of the reason they went with [name]Phoenix[/name] for [name]Zadon[/name]'s middle name. That’s mainly why [name]Phil[/name] wants to use [name]Stellan[/name] for another little boy, so that both kids can be named after their parents.

[name]Stella[/name]:

Haha, I hadn’t really noticed how [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Traveler[/name] sounds like “rowin’ traveler”. Although, hubby and I are pretty avid kayakers, so this is not necessarily a bad thing for us. Oooh, I just love the sound of [name]Fergus[/name] [name]Traveler[/name]! And [name]Gregor[/name] [name]Fox[/name]! [name]Sander[/name] or [name]Xander[/name] is a possibility, but I wanted to stay away from matching sounds ([name]Xander[/name] and [name]Zadon[/name] both start with a ‘z’ sound), which is why I like [name]Lysander[/name] since it breaks those sounds up. However, no that you mentioned lysol, I can see that too. I agree with you on [name]Wilder[/name]: while [name]Zadon[/name] uses the nickname [name]Zade[/name] mostly, I think with a [name]Wilder[/name], it would be [name]Wilder[/name] mostly and then occasionally, in quick, casual conversation, we would use [name]Wild[/name]. I’m really growing to like [name]Wilder[/name], but I don’t think it fits with our middle name choices…

what do you think of [name]Gregor[/name] Stasio (pn stah-zee-oh)? Stasio, with the beginning ‘[name]ST[/name]’, could honor me in the same way that [name]Phoenix[/name] honors [name]Phil[/name]. Thanks again!

• [name]Sydnee[/name] & [name]Stella[/name]