Brother Name for John & Thomas?

We’re having our third boy and cannot agree on a name this time around. Our oldest is [name]John[/name], nn [name]Johnny[/name] (not [name]Jonathon[/name]) and our youngest is [name]Thomas[/name], nn [name]Tommy[/name].

We’d like a strong, classic name, but we just haven’t found one we both like.

My names:
[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]

My husband’s names:
[name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Michael[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]

Any ideas on some other names that we may agree on?? Thanks!

Have you considered [name]Henry[/name]?

Yes, my husband likes [name]Henry[/name], and I don’t mind it too much, but it just doesn’t feel right to me. [name]John[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Henry[/name]. For some reason it doesn’t flow for me with the other two.

I feel so silly over this name. It was so easy to pick the other two; they were named before we had the gender ultrasound! Now this boy is due in 7 weeks and we have no clue what to name him.

[name]Henry[/name] was my first thought, too. Some others:

[name]David[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Gregory[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Russell[/name]
[name]Richard[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Mark[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]

From your lists, I love [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Colin[/name], and [name]Oliver[/name].

My first thought was [name]David[/name]. I think [name]William[/name] works well from your list, too. I love the nn [name]Will[/name] but there are also lots of nn options with [name]William[/name].

Some other names that came to mind:

[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] (love nn [name]Charlie[/name])
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] (I love [name]Peter[/name]…:slight_smile:

[name]John[/name], [name]Thomas[/name] and brother…

[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Paul[/name]
[name]Mark[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]/[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]/[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Raymond[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Richard[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name]/[name]Laurence[/name]
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Douglas[/name]
[name]Winston[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Francis[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Alan[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Martin[/name]
[name]Neil[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name]

I love [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Colin[/name], and [name]Matthew[/name] from your list. I don’t think you could go wrong with any of them:-)

Thanks so much for the feedback!!

Some more info that might help:

My husband is [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], so those names are out (although I’ve been pushing [name]Joseph[/name] bc I love [name]Joey[/name], but he’s not a fan).

Our last name starts with a P and ends w/ a TO and is two syllables. It is Italian, although most people assume it’s Hispanic.

So far I love [name]Charles[/name] and don’t mind [name]Daniel[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]. I’ll have to see if they grow on me at all.

I like [name]Charles[/name] for [name]Charlie[/name]. [name]Johnny[/name], [name]Tommy[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] sound adorable together.
more ideas-
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Bradley[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name]

I feel your pain on this one. I had the first name for my son picked out before I knew the gender and settled on the middle name after looking for the perfect biblical name and couldn’t be more pleased. I’m due in 10 weeks and totally stranded on this little boys name. It’s seems you might be into biblical names (or just traditional that happen to be biblical :slight_smile: My son’s name is [name]Simon[/name] [name]Nathanael[/name]. I thought about suggesting [name]Simon[/name] but I know it’s viewed differently by different people. I saw it more as traditional and kind of quirky but some people see it as an old man or middle aged man’s name.

[name]Henry[/name] and [name]William[/name] were my first thoughts. I also love [name]Oliver[/name].

From the names you listed (I like them all) I’d pick [name]Michael[/name], [name]William[/name] or [name]Nicholas[/name]…or [name]Matthew[/name] lol. (the only one I’m not crazy about is [name]Anthony[/name]…and I don’t love [name]Samuel[/name] but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Sam[/name] and [name]Sammy[/name]).

Other suggestions:
[name]Robert[/name] nn [name]Robby[/name]…[name]Johnny[/name], [name]Tommy[/name] and [name]Robby[/name]
[name]James[/name] nn [name]Jimmy[/name] or [name]Jamey[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name] nn [name]Vinny[/name]/[name]Vin[/name]/[name]Vince[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Freddie[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name] nn [name]Frankie[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name] nn [name]Timmy[/name] (maybe too similar to [name]Tommy[/name])

I did think of [name]Joseph[/name] nn [name]Joey[/name] before I posted…but I saw your reply that your Hubby isn’t feeling it. I almost included [name]Andrew[/name] too…:frowning: