Brother suggestions needed!

[name]Hi[/name] there!
As with a lot of new users, I’ve been stalking the site for a while without posting myself; but just a few days ago found out I now need some help of my own and knew exactly where to come for advice!
So! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve just found out DH and I are expecting our 3rd, and I’m hoping to get a feel for some possible names to run by him. At the moment with have 2 girls: [name]Philippa[/name] and [name]Rosamund[/name], aka [name]Pippa[/name]/[name]Pip[/name] and [name]Rosa[/name]/[name]Ro[/name]. Like with the girls, we won’t find out the sex until the little bub is here. So, question is, what are some names you think go well for a brother to [name]Pippa[/name] and [name]Rosa[/name]'s names (I’ll post for a sister on the girls board)? We like longer names with potential nicknames.

To give you an idea of style, some of them which were on our list for boys names both other times were:

[name]Benjamin[/name] “[name]Jem[/name]”
[name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Carlisle[/name] --this one never quite stuck as we weren’t sure ‘Car/Carr’ was a great nickname…any other ideas?
[name]Finley[/name]

Any feedback welcome! Thanks so much!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Lyle[/name], [name]Ly[/name], [name]Carl[/name], or [name]Cy[/name] for [name]Carlisle[/name]?

Other name ideas:
[name]Julian[/name] “[name]Jules[/name]”
[name]Edmund[/name] “[name]Ned[/name]”/"[name]Ed[/name]"
[name]Rudolf[/name] “[name]Rudy[/name]”/"[name]Dolf[/name]"
[name]Theodore[/name] “[name]Ted[/name]”/"[name]Ned[/name]"/"[name]Ed[/name]"
[name]Fredrick[/name] “[name]Fred[/name]”/"[name]Rick[/name]"
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name] “[name]Archie[/name]”/"[name]Arch[/name]"
[name]Roger[/name] “[name]Rog[/name]”/"[name]Rod[/name]"
[name]Chadrick[/name] “[name]Chad[/name]”/"[name]Rick[/name]"

Hey there! Maybe some of these might work:

[name]Hawthorne[/name] ( my sons name - he goes by [name]Hawk[/name])
[name]Winston[/name]
[name]Wolfgang[/name] “Wolfie”
[name]Frederick[/name] “[name]Freddie[/name]”
[name]Archibald[/name] - i [name]LOVE[/name] this…so sad it doesnt go well with out last name or we would use it. [name]Archie[/name] is the cutest.
[name]Willoughby[/name] “[name]Wills[/name]” or “[name]Wilkie[/name]”
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] “[name]Lex[/name]”
Carraway
[name]Isaac[/name] “[name]Ike[/name]”
[name]Nathaniel[/name] “[name]Nate[/name]”
[name]Weston[/name]

any of those catching your eye?

bellamynsora :
Thanks for the [name]Carlisle[/name] nn suggestions!
DH was a fan of [name]Julian[/name] and [name]Archibald[/name], both of which have been added to the list. :slight_smile:

jacfitz:
As above, [name]Archibald[/name] made ‘the list’, glad to see others suggesting it as well, that will help if DH gets any cold feet thoughts about it!
From the rest of your list, I’m not sure its exactly my style, though I really do like [name]Hawthorne[/name] and [name]Wolfgang[/name] I’m not sure I could go with them in the end…perhaps as an middle though. However, I love love love Carraway, the only problem is our last name is [name]Calloway[/name], so Carraway [name]Calloway[/name] sounds like a cartoon or something!

Thanks for the suggestions! Such varied tastes its great to hear everyone’s thoughts!