Brother to Sexton and Jardine

Hello everyone,
I’ve been lurking for a while but finally decided to make an account because we are in desperate need of name suggestions since we are expecting our third child, a boy.

I’m very interested in genealogy and our two little girls (Sexton & Jardine) both have names from way back in my family tree. That tree hasn’t been very helpful with boys names though, our only idea so far is [name_m]Newport[/name_m] (and possibly Joyner).

If possible, we would like suggestions of unusual boys names for our little guy. We don’t like vintage names, but other than that we are open for suggestions.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Nobody with suggestions?

I like [name_m]Newport[/name_m] for a boy but Joyner seems like if would work better for a girl.

Other possibilities:

[name_u]Winslow[/name_u]
[name_m]Cuthbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Gilford[/name_m]
Carroway
[name_m]Darwin[/name_m]

If [name_m]Newport[/name_m] and Joyner are the only options you’ve found in the family tree I would definitely say Joyner is the better option of the two although the Joiner spelling might look more masculine if that concerned you.

What you might consider is taking those names, or another that you like but can’t use for whatever reason, and finding something that plays off of it in sound or meaning. Such as [name_m]Portland[/name_m], [name_m]Newman[/name_m], or [name_m]Newell[/name_m]. The one I really like for you is Macintyre, because it means “son of the joiner/son of the carpenter” (Joyner meaning carpenter). Sexton, Jardine and Macintyre, nickname [name_m]Mac[/name_m], [name_u]Max[/name_u], etc?

I suspect that since you gave your girls unusual names from the family tree that they have a lot of meaning for you and you might not be happy with just an out-of-the-blue “we just liked it” name this time either. Maybe you could expand from the family tree itself, to family history? What about place names where you and your ancestors have lived? Places with meaning to you? Sexton and Jardine sound like pure English countryside or [name_f]East[/name_f] Coast shoreline to me but maybe I’m way off! :slight_smile:

I could see… Sexton, Jardine and

Beaumont (beautiful hill)
[name_m]Granger[/name_m] (farmer)
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] (beautiful mountain)
[name_m]Knox[/name_m] (from the hills)
[name_m]Rochester[/name_m] (rock fortress)
[name_m]Waylon[/name_m] (land by the path)