Brothers for Beatrix, Cordelia and Matilda

What are your thoughts on the names

[name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] as sisters, do they work? Are they all too clunky? Can you suggest softer middle names?

Also, brothers for the same style?

Thanks!

the two -a endings of [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] is too repetitive.

a variation of [name]Matilda[/name] is [name]Maude[/name] - which i know - isnt as appealing, but its variation [name]Maudlin[/name] i have fallen in love with, a great alternative to the overused [name]Madeline[/name] and it has lots of olden charm

[name]Cordelia[/name] seems to be an up and comer but dont think it will ever be trendy

[name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Maudlin[/name] or even the common [name]Madeline[/name] flows much better

I don’t agree with the pp, [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name] do work as sisters.
And [name]Maudlin[/name] has a terrible meaning - self pitying, weakly emotional, foolishly sentimental etc
They are names I would choose for girls but I have a different style for boys I think. I like [name]Reuben[/name], [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Felix[/name], [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Merlin[/name]…
Brothers would also have longer names like [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name]…like the names in your sig :slight_smile:

I think some nice middles would be [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Alessa[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Skye[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Iris[/name].

A brother to them could be [name]Jameson[/name] [name]Walter[/name].

[name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] are great sister names! I think [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name] work fine together because one is -lia while the other is -da. They’re different enough.

Middle suggestions (not quite sure what you mean by “soft,” so I stuck to [name]Berry[/name] favorites):

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Isla[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ada[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Renee[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Belle[/name]

I also agree with the pp that most of the boys’ names in your sig fit well with [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]. [name]Frederick[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] are particularly good in the set.

More suggestions:
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Richard[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]

I think they work well as sister names. For brother names the first one the pops into my mind is [name]Jasper[/name]. I also think [name]Leopold[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Frederick[/name] from your signature work really great. Would you use nicknames or full names?

[name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], and [name]Matilda[/name] are perfect as sisters. For a brother I would use something like [name]Augustus[/name], [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Peregrine[/name], [name]Gideon[/name], [name]Linus[/name], or [name]Philemon[/name]. A lot of the -us names would be great.

I think the sisters names go great together!

Middle name suggestions:
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Diane[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Leeanne[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Rochelle[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Patrice[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]

Oops, forgot brother suggestions!

[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Alden[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Michael[/name]
[name]Leander[/name]

[name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], and [name]Matilda[/name] are graeat sibset

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Iris[/name]

brothers:
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name]
[name]Horatio[/name]
[name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]

I don’t think they’re clunky at all! I personally wouldn’t want two girls to have -a endings and one to be different but thats just me and I can be quite picky.

Some softer middle name suggestions…

[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Annaliese[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]