Bruce Joseph?

My boyfriend likes the name [name]Bruce[/name] and I really like [name]Joseph[/name] as a middle name. What do you think of
[name]Bruce[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]?

I am a fan…though I am impartial, I have a son named [name]Bryce[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]. (We picked [name]Bryce[/name] as a combo of [name]Bruce[/name] and [name]Ryan[/name]). It has a good, touch sounding ring to it.

Sorry but personally I can’t picture a little one named [name]Bruce[/name]. Its too burly in my mind!n [name]How[/name] about [name]Bryce[/name]?

I do agree…At first I picture a huge, old man followed closely by [name]Bruce[/name] Almighty…

[name]Bruce[/name] seems a dated name (my Grandpa’s name). What about [name]Bryson[/name]? Bry for short? To me, [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Bryson[/name] seems better than the other way around.

[name]Bruce[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] is my father’s name, so I am not impartial, but I like it. I think [name]Joseph[/name] is a solid middle name, and if he decides he does not like [name]Bruce[/name], he could go by that.

The Coolator for Boys Names suggests [name]Bruce[/name] is uncool, [name]Bryce[/name] is cooler, and [name]Bruno[/name] is coolest. I know someone who named their son [name]Bruno[/name], I like it.

But I kind of like [name]Bruce[/name] too. It is my childhood best friend’s dad’s name who always reminded me of the dad from Family Circus, which made it a little faint at the time, uncool, mowed the lawn in tan shorts and black socks. Nobody at my school was named [name]Bruce[/name], but I think of it now as a solid name, still not a common name. I’d like to see this name returned to the pile - confident enough not to have to fuss and tweak in order to modernize. It’s that sort of name, I’d pretty much not mess with it or give it a makeover. Might not be “cute” enough for a baby, but they grow up. You can call him [name]Brucie[/name] until he outgrows it. I’ve seen some of the names people like a lot and [name]Bruce[/name] should be more popular and favorable!

I also love the name [name]Joseph[/name], I think that’s a fine choice for a middle name.

I don’t know if i am a fan of bruce… and you know his nn will end up being BJ, don’t know if you have a prob with that… i knew a bruce in high school, don;t remember his middle name but, we called him BJ… i still call him BJ and he is an adult. Good luck :slight_smile:

I love [name]Joseph[/name], but like most people I can’t imagine a little boy as a [name]Bruce[/name] - but if both you and your husband like it, don’t be deterred, because he will probably be the only [name]Bruce[/name] (a good thing). You can always think up some sort of cute nn for when he is little, anyway (nns don’t always have to be a dimunitive of the name - often they’re random things which come to be associated with the child. I knew a child who was called Bean because she was small and excitable [jumping bean] and another who was [name]Dennis[/name] [like [name]Dennis[/name] the Menace]).
I hope this helped!

I’m a big fan of [name]Bruce[/name], and you can’t go wrong with a classic like [name]Joseph[/name]. Thumbs up!

Not a fan of [name]Bryce[/name] at all, I think of rice…I do however love [name]Bruce[/name]…But I like rugged tough names for boys…ruce is cute for a nn kind of softens it while he is a baby…love the mn bye the way…good luck : )