Brutally honest opinions on

Looking for your brutally honest opinions on some names I’ve been flirting with lately. Give it to me!

[name_u]Stacy[/name_u] / [name_u]Stacey[/name_u] - I’ve always kinda dug this name but it’s been firmly in “mom name” category for a while now. Despite my affinity for 80s/90s names, even I wonder if one can even picture a new baby named Stacy?!
[name_f]Annette[/name_f] / [name_f]Annetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] - yes, this spelling. This spelling was in the top 1000 from the 60s to the 90s thanks to [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] a character from Bewitched (the show later changed the character’s spelling to Tabitha). I know [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is the original but I know 2 Tabathas and 0 Tabithas so this spelling looks normal to me. :man_shrugging:t3: Could this be considered a legitimate choice for spelling or should it be a no-go? If [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] isn’t the way to go how do we feel about [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] in general?
[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u] - side note, how do we also like this for a boy?
[name_f]Martina[/name_f] - I put [name_f]Martina[/name_f] on my considering list, then took her off, put her back on, took her off again, and now she’s back on again. I can’t make up my mind on [name_f]Martina[/name_f]!
[name_f]Iola[/name_f] - I had always pronounced this ee-oh-la, recently found out it’s eye-oh-la which I like too. Could I get away with ee-oh-la or better to stick with eye-oh-la?

Stacy/Stacey: I like [name_u]Stacey[/name_u]. She’d be quite sweet on a little baby and I can imagine it well on most age groups.

Annette/Annetta: I think [name_f]Anette[/name_f] used to be an old crush from WAY before I joined NB. [name_f]Annetta[/name_f] feels more wearable today but both are lovely.

[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f]: I quite like this spelling. It, and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], don’t really feel wearable but it would be cute on a little ginger haired toddler, and the nickname [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] is adorable.

[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u]: I actually prefer this for a boy. I don’t hate it for a girl but I can’t picture it.

[name_f]Martina[/name_f]: She’s sweet and wouldn’t feel too weird today. [name_f]Tina[/name_f] makes it wearable.

[name_f]Iola[/name_f]: This is beautiful. eye-oh-la seems more appropriate.

1 Like

Stacy/Stacey – I have such a soft spot for this name (and also the [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] spelling!) but I do recognize that most people probably find it pretty dated as this point. I also think a lot of people might sing “Stacy’s Mom” to her or make jokes about that :sweat_smile: – I was barely a toddler when that song came out and I think everyone my age knows it, so I assume younger people do too? But I do like [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] a lot regardless. I think people would be surprised to hear it on a baby, but I don’t see it causing teasing for being ‘old’ or a ‘mom name’.

[name_f]Annette[/name_f] / [name_f]Annetta[/name_f] – I like [name_f]Annette[/name_f] a lot! Sweet and underrated with great nickname options. But again I think it might be viewed as a pretty dated still, though I can totally see it coming back. [name_f]Annetta[/name_f] doesn’t flow off the tongue for me very well personally, it just sounds awkward even though I like the look.

[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] – This spelling makes me want to say tuh-BATH-uh :sweat_smile: But I like the name in general – Tabitha/Tabatha has a great balance of ‘little Victorian girl in her lacy dress having tea’ and ‘cool, witchy vibes’, and I think the [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] spelling emphasizes that witchy feeling :crystal_ball: (in a good way!). Also, I typed out my responses before unblurring your comments so I could get my unbiased thoughts down first – I think if you know multiple Tabathas, it’s usable! People might spell it wrong sometimes but people can spell any name wrong.

[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u] – I think this fits right in with other Irish-surnames-as-first names! Plus unisex names ending in N are pretty common right now. I think it works for any gender. [name_f]Sherry[/name_f] or Dani/Danny are nice nicknames.

[name_f]Martina[/name_f] – Perfectly nice and usable name, but for some reason has really never appealed to me personally. It’s in a great spot of “everyone’s heard of it, but she’s unlikely to become [name_f]Martina[/name_f] Last Initial in class”, plus it’s easy to spell and pronounce and I like that it works in so many languages. Also it has great nickname options.

[name_f]Iola[/name_f] – [name_f]Iola[/name_f] is cool! I will say that names starting with i + vowel, especially in the font the forums use, can be a little confusing because it looks like it starts with a lowercase L. With a name like [name_f]Iola[/name_f] where there’s another name (Lola) that actually begins with L, I can see people misreading it. I have this problem with a few names I like a lot too (Iesha, [name_f]Iona[/name_f], [name_f]Ilana[/name_f] :sob:) However, I love the sound of [name_f]Iola[/name_f], I think it’s such a cool vintage choice, quirky yet not weird. I just know an [name_f]Iola[/name_f] would be such a cool person. Personally I would say it as eye-oh-la, but I think you could use ee-oh-la too!

1 Like

[name_u]Stacy[/name_u] / [name_u]Stacey[/name_u] - To be honest, it is very much American mom to me :sweat_smile: I think it could actually be pretty adorable as an unexpected nickname for [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], but I don’t like it on its own. I think the other -cey names like [name_u]Casey[/name_u], [name_f]Macy[/name_f] and [name_u]Chelsea[/name_u] “translate” a lot better on a modern day baby

[name_f]Annette[/name_f] / [name_f]Annetta[/name_f] - I quite like this one !! [name_f]Annetta[/name_f] especially, but they’re both sweet. Familiar but different, with adorable nicknames. I think I’ve heard people say [name_f]Annette[/name_f] sounds very dated to them, but I don’t see it too much, and even less so with [name_f]Annetta[/name_f]

[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] - I really don’t like this spelling, sorry :,) Not even because it’s not the “original”, it’s just, the “bath” sound is so prominent it makes the name seem rather unattractive and a little silly to me. [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] isn’t my fave either but I know I’m in the minority with this one and a lot of people do like it! It just always felt a little stuffy to me, but I couldn’t tell you why

[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u] - I definitely prefer this on a boy! It’s not that it can’t work on a girl, but the -dan ending feels quite masculine to me. It’s nice, although it does remind me of sherry at first glance. Could be an interesting way to get to nn [name_u]Dani[/name_u] / [name_m]Dan[/name_m] / [name_u]Danny[/name_u]!

[name_f]Martina[/name_f] - I really like [name_f]Martina[/name_f]! She feels very international to me and that’s something I love in a name, but she also feels sweet and friendly with the familiar [name_u]Mar[/name_u]- beginning, and cheerful and sunny with the -ina ending.

[name_f]Iola[/name_f] - Since the origin is Greek, ee-oh-lah is a perfectly legitimate pronunciation, we don’t pronounce the letter I like “eye” in Greek! I also prefer the ee-oh-lah pronunciation, if it’s pronounced eye-oh-lah I think I like [name_f]Viola[/name_f] better. Either way, cool name!! Short and simple but with a distinct sound and some elegant flair

1 Like

[name_u]Stacey[/name_u] / [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] → it’s kind of sweet but with a bit of sass. When I do think of [name_u]Stacey[/name_u], it feels a bit dated and mom-sy, however, when I actually say it and listen to the sounds, it’s pretty cool and pleasant. Maybe with the right middle, it could sparkle? Something fun, something bright, something fresh? I’m thinking [name_u]Stacey[/name_u] [name_u]Lazuli[/name_u], [name_u]Stacey[/name_u] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] ‘Star’, [name_u]Stacey[/name_u] [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], [name_u]Stacey[/name_u] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] etc.

[name_f]Annette[/name_f] / [name_f]Annetta[/name_f] → I think of the two, I prefer the snap, sharp [name_f]Annette[/name_f]. It’s fun, vintage and charming

[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] → I don’t love this spelling - maybe because I’m in the UK where [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is more familiar and [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] could have that ‘bath’ syllable emphasised, depending on where you are (here, it could be [name_u]Tab[/name_u]-arth-uh (arth- a bit like the sounds in Arthur), tab-uh-thuh or tab-aath-uh (aath like the a sound in bat or catch) Over all though, if this one is more familiar to you and will be pronounced as you want it where you are, that might not matter. It adds something kind of fun and witchy to it. I like [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] in general for it’s clunky, bubbly sounds

[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u] → warm and rugged with a sort of showbiz vibe. I think it could work for a boy too

[name_f]Martina[/name_f] → it’s a name that feels both smart and sophisticated and bright and fun with a hint of flair

[name_f]Iola[/name_f] - Eye-oh-luh would be my natural pronunciation and the one I prefer. Still, a quick look on behindthename suggests in classical greek, ee-oh-leh is a legitimate pronunciation, so I think you could

1 Like

[name_u]Stacy[/name_u]- I prefer the [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] spelling personally, I think it’s cuter and has a more vintage feel almost. I kind of like this name! It reminds me of Babysitter’s club, so I get a nostalgic, 80s sophistication, ballet with bright leg warmers feel. I think [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] is really cool, and she’s wearable for a little kid (I do prefer it on a girl.)

Annette/Annetta: I prefer [name_f]Annette[/name_f], and I like her bright, artsy sound. She reminds me of a mixture of 20s film noir, and also a more relaxed, creative, 60s feel. I would see her being into photography and be a very charismatic, cheerful person!

[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f]: I’m not a fan or the spelling. The BATH part just really stands out to me and I think it looks off and kind of clunky in not a great way. However, [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is beautiful- I love her warm, cozy, [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] feel and comforting sound, she’s just like a crackling fire or a favourite pair of worn jeans, very carefree and sweet. Either way, I think Tabby/Tab and Tibby/Tib as nickname are totally adorable!

[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u]: I think I like this better on a boy! It gives oceany, pirate vibes and feels dashing and romantic. [name_u]Danny[/name_u] is a cute nickname too!

[name_f]Martina[/name_f]: I’m currently living in Spain and this name (and the shorter Marta,) are very, very popular. Therefore I would definitely assume that someone named [name_f]Martina[/name_f] would be Hispanic. I think she’s super hip and the epitome of a cool name. Someone extroverted and creative- maybe likes to dance!

[name_f]Iola[/name_f]: I would instinctively say EYE-o-lah. I think you could get away with EE-oh-lah in theory, but would have to be constantly correcting pronunciation. I think this name is whimsical and unique!

1 Like

[name_u]Stacy[/name_u] / [name_u]Stacey[/name_u] - For some reason she sounds like a Barbies little sister :blush: It feels a little dated, but I like it! :roller_skate::bubble_tea::lollipop: Edited: She IS Barbies sister! Omg! :smile:

[name_f]Annette[/name_f] / [name_f]Annetta[/name_f] - my mn :blush:. To me this name feels like someone petite, with dark long hair and dainty personality. It feels very mademoiselle, very [name_u]French[/name_u]. It also comes with a nn [name_f]Nettie[/name_f] :nest_with_eggs::blush:
Also, [name_f]Annette[/name_f] gets misheard A LOT as Anita/ Anyuta… I don’t know how it’s possible, but it happens a lot, even in [name_u]France[/name_u]! :smile: :teapot::cake::mirror:

[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] - I definitely prefer [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], it feels more correctly written :blush: But both are clunky cute and have a warm cozy feel! :cat2::pretzel::yarn:

[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u] - I don’t know! It’s kinda cool and modern! I do prefer it on a boy. :baseball::steam_locomotive::rocket:

[name_f]Martina[/name_f] - She sounds Spanish and gorgeous :hibiscus::dancer:t2::ferris_wheel:

[name_f]Iola[/name_f] - [name_f]Pretty[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Viola[/name_f] is even prettier :violin::classical_building::grapes:

1 Like

I adore [name_u]Stacey[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]! I like the name , but I do think you may get some Stacey’s mom references

[name_f]Annette[/name_f] - I honestly don’t know why this name isn’t more popular! I think it’s adorable and ages perfectly ! So many cute nicknames …, [name_f]Annie[/name_f] , [name_f]Etta[/name_f] , [name_f]Netta[/name_f] . She’s my favourite from your options

Everytime I think of [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] / [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] I think of a witch from the soap opera passions . I have only met one [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and she goes exclusively by [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] . I’m a fan because it feels so 80’s to me which I really love !

[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u] - I feel neutral on [name_u]Sheridan[/name_u]. I would be excited to meet one ! But I honestly just think of the hotel chain

[name_f]Martina[/name_f] is so sweet ! I love this !!

[name_f]Iola[/name_f] - not my favourite, cannot figure out the pronunciation easily in my head as a namer so I can’t imagine the dreaded substitute teacher pronouncing it !

1 Like

I love [name_u]Stacy[/name_u]! Personally I would spell it [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] but I think it’s a great name that doesn’t get enough credit tbh. It’s chic and wearable for any age.

[name_f]Annette[/name_f] - it’s pretty , but reminds me too much of an old teacher I used to have so I can only picture it on an older woman. [name_f]Annetta[/name_f] on the other hand is very elegant and sparkly. Along with the nickname [name_f]Etta[/name_f] , GAH MY HEART <33

[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] - I know a few with this name and they all spell it with an I so I’ve never seen this spelling! It’s cool, but not the biggest fan of the “bath” … regardless, I LOVE this name and I actually have [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] on my lists!

[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u] - it’s a name that I think would be cool for a boy or girl. [name_f]Sherry[/name_f] or Danny!!

[name_f]Martina[/name_f] - so so gorgeous! If I met someone with this name I’d think , “yup I’m jealous” . And the nickname [name_u]Marty[/name_u] <33 love it so much

[name_f]Iola[/name_f] - it’s not my favorite :frowning: [name_f]Viola[/name_f] though or [name_f]Lola[/name_f] is pretty .

1 Like

Came to say that I love [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] (this spelling)!!! It’s my dear aunt’s name and I just adore it. I love the look of all the As, I think it’s gorgeous… all around grand name.

1 Like

Stacy/Stacey- I like it! It might be a little dated, but I think it’s so sweet. Maybe using it as a nickname could help make it less mom name-y? I could definitely picture a baby [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Annette/Annetta- Love!! I prefer [name_f]Annette[/name_f] a little bit but they’re both really elegant and have great mid-century vibes I really love. I adore -ette and -etta names in general but these are two of my favorites!

[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f]- This one isn’t my favorite, but I see no problems with the spelling! Honestly I didn’t even realize it was an unconventional spelling until you said anything, and it sounds like it’s pretty accepted in your area anyways.

[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u]- I definitely prefer this one for a boy. I’m not very familiar with [name_u]Sheridan[/name_u], but I like the meaning and the sound!

[name_f]Martina[/name_f]- I really like it! It has sort of a clunky-cool, vintage vibe to me that I love. Feels very bright and joyful!

[name_f]Iola[/name_f]- I’m never actually sure how to pronounce this one :sweat_smile: I definitely think you couled enforce ee-oh-la, or maybe change the spelling to [name_f]Eola[/name_f] for less confusion? Either way I think it’s really beautiful!

1 Like

[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] is a no-go to me (it is technically usable, though), the “bath” sticks out. [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is cute. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Montgomery[/name_u] (the woman who played [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] on “Bewitched” suggested the name and hated the fact that they spelled it [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f]. So she asked for it to be spelled correctly in later seasons). So the [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] thing was a misspelling all along and they later corrected it.

[name_u]Stacy[/name_u], [name_u]Stacey[/name_u] is okay, but very 1970s surfer girl. Feels dated.

[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u] is okay. Kind of like [name_u]Shirley[/name_u] plus [name_u]Madison[/name_u].

I don’t like [name_f]Martina[/name_f] or [name_f]Annetta[/name_f]. [name_f]Annette[/name_f] is okay. [name_f]Iola[/name_f] is too soft sounding.

1 Like

Stacy/Stacey- I actually love [name_u]Stacy[/name_u]. I think it would be good on a baby, and I associate it with the Babysitters Club, and in particular the recent Netflix remake, where [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] is a modern teenager, which I think has made it more usable in my opinion.

Annette/Annetta- Not a fan. I think it seems quite old lady-ish but not in a good way in my personal opinion. I much prefer other -ette ending names, such as [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] and [name_f]Alouette[/name_f]. [name_f]Annetta[/name_f] is slightly more wearable though, especially with the nickname possibilities of [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Etta[/name_f].

[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f]- I prefer [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] personally, but I think it’s pretty cute.

[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u]- Reminds me of [name_u]Sheridan[/name_u] [name_m]Smith[/name_m], a really good [name_f]British[/name_f] actress. For that reason, I can’t picture it on a boy, but I do quite like it on a girl.

[name_f]Martina[/name_f]- Definitely usable, but I’m personally not a fan.

[name_f]Iola[/name_f]- One of my best friends is called [name_f]Iola[/name_f] (pronounced eye-oh-la) so I’m biased, but I love this name. I would always instinctively pronounce it eye-oh-la as well because of her, and also would probably just assume that anyway, because I would think ee-oh-la would be spelt [name_f]Eola[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_u]Stacy[/name_u]! I’e never actually met one so it feels more retro-cool than dated to me.
Annette/a has sich pretty vintage vibes and I’m usually a sucker for an [name_u]Anne[/name_u] name so I also really like this one.
I love [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]. I’ve never seen the [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] spelling so it looks a bit off to me and makes me want to prounce the middle vowel slightly differently (uh insteand of ih) and I think I like the look of the i a bit better anyways so I definitely prefer the [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] spelling but maybe it could grow on me?
[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u] is very far from my usual style but I actually really like it.has very rugged cool vibes. [name_f]Sherri[/name_f], [name_u]Dani[/name_u], or [name_f]Annie[/name_f] are all cute nickname options. I like it for a boy as well but actually prefer it on a girl.
[name_f]Martina[/name_f] isn’t one I’ve ever personally considered but its really nice. I like the sound a lot and can’t think of anything bad about it.
[name_f]Iola[/name_f] is very pretty but I did default to the eye pronunciation.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts:

Stacy/Stacey-First off, I prefer the [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] spelling. But gosh, I don’t know if I care for it. It is so hard to picture on a baby, & I never cared for it much growing up in the 80s and 90s either. It just always seemed like a snobby girl name to me that lacks substance.

Annette-Annetta-My Grandma’s name was [name_f]Annette[/name_f], & I like it. I don’t like it as much as I wish I did, but I think it’s absolutely ready for a comeback & would be charming on a little tyke. The nn [name_f]Nettie[/name_f] is super cute too, or the more common but still adorable, [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. [name_f]Annetta[/name_f] is fine, but I don’t think it’s as nice as just [name_f]Annette[/name_f].

Tabatha-Hm. I don’t think that this spelling is too much of a problem. I’m more familiar with [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] for sure; and I loved the character on Bewitched growing up! I watched the re-runs as a young kid, & had no idea how it was spelled. Tabitha/Tabatha is a name that I appreciate & find it an interesting choice but don’t think that sound is that pretty. I do know a little girl named [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] though, & it’s really adorable & fits her. She’s super cheeky & mischievous.

Sheridan-Is this a hotel chain or just hotels in my area? Either way, I only think of the hotels! I’ve never care for [name_f]Sherry[/name_f], & this is just a clunkier longer version of it. Not my cup of tea. Side note, I don’t mind the Hebrew name [name_f]Shira[/name_f].

Martina-I think that it’s a bit heavy & feels like a loud mad lady? I don’t know…it’s not awful. It’s different, but I’m not personally into it.

Iola-I’m not familiar with this name at all, but immediately thought Eye-oh-la. Maybe because the name [name_f]Viola[/name_f] has the long ‘i’ sound…even though the instrument is Vee…Either way, I like this more than [name_f]Viola[/name_f]. It feels a tad softer & more elegant & exotic. Not my favorite, but it’s interesting. I also kind of like [name_f]Iona[/name_f].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stacy/Stacey - I feel kinda the same as you, I personally like it but I also get why some people might not. It gives off more fun 80s/90s vibes for me and I almost like it in a sort of campy way? Idk it’s hard to explain

Annette/Annetta - Perfectly good classics with great nickname potential, but there’s nothing about them that excites me

[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] - In my head I automatically read it as ta-BATH-a, though if I actually encountered it I’d be pretty confident it was a spelling variant of [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], so I think it can work. I generally like the name, it’s very retro feeling but doesn’t feel stale and is nicely familiar without being overly common

[name_f]Sheridan[/name_f] - Not the biggest fan for a girl (It’s ok though, and I do like the potential nn Sheri) but I definitely like it for a boy, it has a cool western vibe. I never feel confident I’m saying it right though because I mix it up with the Sheraton hotel chain

[name_f]Martina[/name_f] - I think it’s really fun, it makes me think of parties and martinis but isn’t so literal that its unusable. I do feel a bit of the same hesitation as you though, I think because it’s a feminization of [name_m]Martin[/name_m] which just feels so frumpy to me

[name_f]Iola[/name_f] - I think both pronunciations can work, I wouldn’t assume one over the other. It’s not a name I’ve though about much but it does seem kinda cool, and fun to say

1 Like

[name_f]Stacy[/name_f] / [name_f]Stacey[/name_f] - still far too dated for me personally, it also has a mean girl / cheerleader thing about it. I don’t like any names with this sound though - [name_m]Casey[/name_m], [name_f]Lacey[/name_f], [name_f]Macy[/name_f] etc. it makes me think of hairspray-crunchy perms.

[name_f]Annette[/name_f] / [name_f]Annetta[/name_f] - I’m pretty neutral on this. It’s one of the mid-century ones I could see reviving, I don’t really have strong feelings.

[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] a lot but I’m not keen on the [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] spelling and think it would need corrected from the default a lot.

[name_f]Sheridan[/name_f] - not my thing

[name_f]Martina[/name_f] - I find this very 80s, not my favourite feminisation (I also don’t like [name_m]Martin[/name_m]. [name_m]Or[/name_m] Tina.)

[name_f]Iola[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f], love, love this. [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name with a beautiful meaning. I think eye-oh-la is what you’d get in an [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking country, you may get ee-oh-la in some European countries but I wouldn’t use it pushing for ee-oh-la.

1 Like

[name_f]Stacey[/name_f]: I’ve always thought this name was fun and spunky but yes, it is a dated (70s) name. Being a dated name isn’t an automatic bad thing, if I met a little girl named [name_f]Stacey[/name_f] tomorrow, I would find it refreshing, it’s better than some other trendy names I hear quite often.
[name_f]Annette[/name_f]: I’m really not a fan of [name_f]Annette[/name_f] or [name_f]Annetta[/name_f]. Not only are they very dated but there are so many beautiful “Ann” type names that using such a dated name like [name_f]Annette[/name_f] just doesn’t make sense to me.
[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f]: This is my favorite of all your choices. I know a girl named [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] spelled this way and she goes by [name_f]Tabby[/name_f]. I really like it actually and my favorite spelling is [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] as well.
[name_f]Sheridan[/name_f]: It’s not bad, wasn’t [name_f]Sheridan[/name_f] used for a female character on some soap opera? I could be wrong but it kinda has a cowboy vibe to it for me, which is cool. I think [name_f]Sheridan[/name_f] would fit in fine, I just wouldn’t recommend using [name_f]Sheri[/name_f] as the nickname. I would definitely not use [name_f]Sheridan[/name_f] for a boy.
[name_f]Martina[/name_f]: I think of [name_f]Martina[/name_f] McBride, which is a positive association. It’s a pretty name, I prefer [name_f]Marina[/name_f] but this would work just fine.
[name_f]Iola[/name_f]: I’ve never met anyone with this name. I would pronounce it eye-oh-la. I’m not really liking it to be honest, I hear “I owe ya”. I would go with [name_f]Lola[/name_f] or [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

I really like Stacy/Stacey and [name_f]Annette[/name_f] - pretty names. I can actually picture a baby and child [name_f]Stacey[/name_f] really well. This name may not have been used in a while, but it’s definitely ready for a comeback! I’m not so into [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] or [name_f]Sheridan[/name_f]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] for a boy, I’m not a fan of [name_f]Sheridan[/name_f]. I prefer [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] to [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] though. [name_f]Martina[/name_f] and [name_f]Iola[/name_f] are okay, they’re just not really my style.

1 Like

I actually really like [name_f]Stacey[/name_f]! I have [name_f]Judy[/name_f] on my short list and I get a similar feel from both of them.
I know a [name_f]Tabatha[/name_f] with this spelling and none with the original spelling so I think it’s fine!
Although not the exact same, I know an [name_f]Iona[/name_f] and the parents have different accents so one says eye-oh-na and one says ee-oh-na. So I think ee-oh-la is perfectly reasonable for [name_f]Iola[/name_f]!