Brutally Honest Thoughts on My Tops <3

Nova, [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_u]Ari[/name_u] and [name_u]Marley[/name_u] all seem to feminine to me, sorry! [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] isn’t my favourite either, but [name_u]Arrow[/name_u], [name_m]Makai[/name_m] and [name_m]Koa[/name_m] are fantastic!

shiloh - i LOVE and especially like seeing it on a boy
koa - i sure like it. i can’t say i understand too much (or anything) about the culture behind it, but if they’re cool with it, i’m all for it, it’s gorgeous
ari - love it! little lion names have a special place in my heart.
jade - i love seeing this for a boy! i only worry that in practice everyone would just think he’s saying his name is jay
makai - it’s nice, i just don’t love it, but it’s a great name

arrow - it feels and looks silly to me honestly, i’m sorry
marley - it’s fine, just not my personal cup of tea. i’ve never actually seen it used for a boy?
nova - look, as a speaker of romance languages, nova is a feminine noun to me and makes no sense on a boy.

1 Like

My favourites are [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] and [name_m]Koa[/name_m] :blush:

Shiloh - 2/10 it’s truly just never appealed to me. The sound and look seems awkward to me…and unfortunately, it just has always seemed like more of a “dog name” to me
[name_m]Koa[/name_m] - 10/10 love! So simple yet so strong and unique. The meaning is great too. I don’t see any downside to this name and would definitely use it myself.
[name_u]Marley[/name_u] - 2/10 I don’t mind [name_u]Marley[/name_u] but its always sounded very feminine to me. I think my mind could change if I met a male [name_u]Marley[/name_u].
[name_u]Nova[/name_u] - 1/10 this name is just ehhh, it doesn’t do much for me. I like the sound but I think its recent popularity dulls it for me. I struggle picturing it on a male
[name_u]Ari[/name_u] - 8/10 I love this and would totally use it as a full name. The meaning “[name_m]Lion[/name_m]” is especially great! [name_f]My[/name_f] only problem with [name_u]Ari[/name_u] is that with how popular [name_f]Ariella[/name_f], [name_f]Ariana[/name_f], etc. are, I do feel like [name_u]Ari[/name_u] is being viewed more as a girl’s nickname. Still not enough of an issue to not use [name_u]Ari[/name_u] imo though!
[name_m]Makai[/name_m] - 7/10 I’ve never heard of this one before but I like it. It definitely adds a lot to [name_u]Kai[/name_u], which, in my opinion, is becoming overused.
[name_f]Jade[/name_f] - 1/10 like for a girl but I can’t see this working on a boy
[name_u]Arrow[/name_u] - 8/10 I really this one! It’s so modern and edgy. I usually feel like these names would be hard to wear as an adult, but I think the simplicity of [name_u]Arrow[/name_u] makes it wearable for all ages. I would definitely use this one!

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]- I’ve never heard of this name but I quite like it. It has a lovely gentle sound to it 8/10
[name_m]Koa[/name_m]- I prefer this name way more then kai, it’s pretty cool and quirky 6/10
[name_u]Marley[/name_u]- I absolutely love the name market, I know a little girl with the name but it think it’s work well on a boy too 10/10
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]- I don’t mind the name nova but I can’t see it on a boy 3/10
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]- I really like [name_u]Ari[/name_u], I would assume it was a nickname though for a different name 5/10
[name_m]Makai[/name_m]- it’s a cool name that I think could really grow on me, I say some people will have trouble with the pronunciation but I don’t think that’s too big of a deal 5/10
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]- I also can’t see this name on a boy at all, I would assume you were talking about a girl 1/10
[name_u]Arrow[/name_u]- really cool fun name 7/10
Go with the name you think is best for ur little boy, hope this helps tho :smiling_face:

Shiloh is my granddaughter. While I love this name, I want it on the “girl’s side.” 10.

Koa - 8

Marley - 7 (girl) / 4 (boy)

Nova 8 for a girl.

Ari - this is truly unisex for me. 8

Makai - 10! I absolutely love this!

Arrow - 9!

Other ideas:

Echo
[name_u]Tate[/name_u]
[name_m]Joah[/name_m]
Feebe
[name_m]Truman[/name_m]