Bryce vs. Callum

I’ve been having a tough time finding a boy’s name that will suit a baby, young man, and adult.

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I love the name [name_u]Bryce[/name_u], but I am a little hesitant because I am not sure if [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] will wear well on a 50-year-old man.

Another name I’ve been admiring lately is [name_m]Callum[/name_m], but I have not even broached the topic with my husband yet because he loves the name [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] so much.

[name_m]Bryson[/name_m] is not an option.

Thank you for your honest feedback!

I love [name_m]Callum[/name_m]. I love the look and the sound and the meaning. [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] just feels a bit dated to me. But I think it would age fine.

I know several people named [name_u]Bryce[/name_u], and they are all over the place in terms of age. I think of it as a kind of modern classic. I think it will wear more easily on a 50 year old than [name_m]Callum[/name_m]. The latter will most likely date easily to the “Irish/ending in -an/en/yn” trends of today (which I don’t necessarily consider a bad thing). I think your son would be happy to be named either, though :slight_smile:

I love [name_m]Callum[/name_m], but I think [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] would wear just fine on an older person (no, he wouldn’t fit with all the [name_f]Ethel[/name_f]'s and [name_m]Ward[/name_m]'s and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]'s of today’s nursing homes, but names are now ranging from [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] to Leshawna to [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] to [name_m]Houston[/name_m] and I think a [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] wouldn’t be too odd at all- I doubt anyone would bat an eye)

[name_m]Both[/name_m] great names! I think both will wear well throughout life. Personally, I love the nickname [name_u]Cal[/name_u], so I’d probably go with [name_m]Callum[/name_m], but [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] has a bit more of a classic feel to me. Either way, your son will have a great name!

I think [name_m]Callum[/name_m] and [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] are both very handsome names and would age well. I think they are both winners.

I am partial to [name_m]Callum[/name_m] because I have a [name_m]Calum[/name_m] (we spell it with only one L). We get a lot of compliments on his name and I loved the meaning. I think it is a name that is not babyish, and will suit him all through his life.

I like [name_m]Callum[/name_m] much much more than [name_u]Bryce[/name_u], which I find dated and odd sounding. I think your fears of him not wearing his name well at 50 are unwarranted, though I’ve never met an old person that didn’t wear his or her name well. You could always go with a name that is already being worn by older generations.

[name_m]Homer[/name_m]
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_m]Clarence[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]
[name_m]Milton[/name_m]

I like both, but prefer [name_m]Callum[/name_m], because he can always go by the nn [name_u]Cal[/name_u]. I love the meaning of [name_m]Callum[/name_m]!

I think both will work well for a baby, boy, and adult. [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] seems young today the way [name_m]Bruce[/name_m] probably seemed young in 1960, [name_m]Bruce[/name_m] sounds grown-up now and by the time your baby is an adult I think [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] will sound grown-up too.

[name_m]Both[/name_m] names work well in all stages of life. I do like [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] a little better than [name_m]Callum[/name_m] but my final choice would depend on how each name flowed with the surname.