Brynn or Blythe?

Hello, berries!

My hubby and I are still searching for a name for our first baby, a little girl.
In our search, we’ve found [name]Brynn[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name], both which sound great with our three-syllable Hawaiian last name.
However, my husband prefers [name]Brynn[/name] and I love [name]Blythe[/name] (for it’s amazing meaning!)

Which is your favorite and why?
What are some middle names that would sound good with these two?

Thanks in advanced :)!

I like [name]Blythe[/name] the best because of the meaning and it reminds me of [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables.

I love [name]Blythe[/name]. My husband and I have have it on our short list for girl names. I agree with the last poster, too… I love the meaning and it reminds me of [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables which is one my favorite movies/book series.

I prefer [name]Blythe[/name]. [name]Brynn[/name] seems so trendy to me.

[name]Blythe[/name] is such a sweet, beautiful name - one of my faves.

[name]Blythe[/name]! So much more timeless in my opinion…

I’ve loved both since I was little but I’ll vote for [name]Blythe[/name]

[name]Both[/name] are unisex. [name]Blythe[/name] is a surname but is more used for girls and [name]Bryn[/name] is the boy spelling so there shouldn’t be any gender confusion. But just in case you need a undeniably feminine middle name.

Oh definitely [name]Blythe[/name]! [name]Brynn[/name] will seem dated in the future, while I think [name]Blythe[/name] is timelessly classic.

I’ve heard the name [name]Brynn[/name] being considered for daughters lately as well as her sisters [name]Brinley[/name]/Brynlie/[name]Brylee[/name]/[name]Brinlee[/name]/Brynleigh etc…so the name is losing some of its Welsh association for me. [name]Blythe[/name] isn’t as common and I like its meaning so I would vote for it. Of course, my liking could all change if I see some “yooneek” take on the name like Blitheleigh! Ha! :slight_smile:

[name]Blythe[/name] for sure. It has a softer sound to it and doesn’t sound as trendy as [name]Brynn[/name]. It also sounds light and romantic. And the meaning is lovely.

I am the outlier here but I love and prefer [name]Brynn[/name].

[name]Blythe[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Blythe[/name] wins by a mile - she’s gorgeous! [name]Brynn[/name] feels super trendy and just doesn’t do much for me at all; lackluster.

Another vote for [name]Blythe[/name]. I love the meaning and the light feel. [name]Blythe[/name] is feminine but not frilly and well deserving of a comeback.

Definitely [name]Blythe[/name]. [name]Brynn[/name] isn’t soft enough to be a girls name for me.

[name]Blythe[/name], definitely. It’s gorgeous!
I just don’t care for [name]Brynn[/name], it’s trendy, and it doesn’t appeal to me (except if it’s on a boy).

I agree! [name]Blythe[/name] is my favorite.

Yep [name]Blythe[/name] it is…both are pretty…I vote [name]Blythe[/name].

[name]Blythe[/name] gets my vote:) I’m not a fan of the ‘BR’- sound. Plus I think that [name]Blythe[/name] is much prettier:)

Definitely [name]Brynn[/name]! I love it. It’s a nice, solid, pretty name without being too much. [name]Blythe[/name] I feel is too airy, and it takes effort to say. I like it I guess, but I much prefer [name]Brynn[/name]. :slight_smile: