Brynn or Norah

[name]Hi[/name] Nameberries. This is my first time posting. Our first child, a girl, is due in 6 weeks and DH and I are having a hard time agreeing on names. Two that keep coming up as favorites are [name]Brynn[/name] and [name]Norah[/name]. However, we can’t even agree on spelling; he prefers [name]Bryn[/name] and [name]Nora[/name]. Our last name sounds similar to [name]Walker[/name]. What are your impressions of these names and what personality traits would you associate with them?

It seems like each of these names need a 3 syllable MN with our last name, or maybe a 1 syllable MN with [name]Norah[/name]. My favorite MN is [name]Madeleine[/name] (although DH isn’t sure about this); do you think the “n” ending is too repetitive in sound with the “n” of [name]Brynn[/name]? Other MNs you would suggest?

I would also welcome comments on spelling preferences for these 2 names.

To you give an idea of our taste:
Other names we both somewhat like but are not perfect for one of us are: [name]Alexandra[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Piper[/name] (I generally don’t like surnames, but this one is a family name), [name]Faith[/name], [name]Hope[/name], [name]Samantha[/name], [name]Aspen[/name], [name]Kaia[/name] (love this, but may want to save it for a future son named [name]Kai[/name]), [name]Leah[/name], [name]Summer[/name] (problematic repeated sound with our last name). Others I like, but DH is not crazy about, are [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] (only for MN), [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Sage[/name] (for MN), [name]Malia[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Claire[/name]. [name]Feel[/name] free to comment on any of these if you feel so inclined.

I appreciate your help!

Really sorry but I’m with your hub on this one: [name]Bryn[/name] and [name]Nora[/name]… I actually think [name]Nora[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] [name]Walker[/name] is a fab name. Maybe you could compromise and get one spelling each?!: [name]Norah[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] or [name]Nora[/name] [name]Brynn[/name].

[name]Rachel[/name]

I was going to say [name]Norah[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] [name]Walker[/name] too :slight_smile: I think it sounds better than [name]Bryn[/name] [name]Norah[/name] [name]Walker[/name].

[name]Nora[/name], definitely. I think the H is unnecessary and just looks odd. [name]Bryn[/name] is a boy’s name, and I’m not a fan of boy’s names on girls… [name]Nora[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] could be pretty, though.

I think [name]Nora/name [name]Bryn/name [name]Walker[/name] sounds great! I prefer [name]Brynn[/name] and I don’t care much either way with [name]Nora/name, but if you use both then I think you’ll have to give into his spelling preference on one name. I like [name]Nora/name [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Walker[/name], not as fond of [name]Brynn[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Walker[/name]. As for as [name]Nora/name vs [name]Brynn[/name], I prefer [name]Nora/name.