Buddy Bear Maurice Oliver!

[name]Jamie[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] had his first son yesterday, [name]Buddy[/name] [name]Bear[/name] [name]Maurice[/name]… He joins sisters [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Honey[/name] [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Daisy[/name] Boo [name]Pamela[/name] and [name]Petal[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] [name]Rainbow[/name].

Ok, I loved [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Honey[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] Boo, I wasn’t on board with [name]Petal[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] [name]Rainbow[/name]. And when they announced they had second middles, I couldn’t get behind [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Honey[/name] [name]Rosie[/name]… But [name]Buddy[/name] [name]Bear[/name]? Ughhhhh, I’m a big fan of his but [name]Buddy[/name] [name]Bear[/name]? It reminds me of the next [name]Teddy[/name] Ruxpin or something. It’s what a very small child would name their teddy bear. [name]Buddy[/name] as a nickname is cute, I don’t like it at all as a full name, but I guess diminutives as names are sort of their thing. But paired with [name]Bear[/name]? [name]Bear[/name] would be an alright middle I supposed… But combined? Sigh. I just don’t get it.

What does everyone else think?

My opinions on the names of [name]Jamie[/name] and Jools [name]Oliver[/name]'s children
[name]Buddy[/name] [name]Bear[/name] [name]Maurice[/name]- pretty ridiculous! [name]Maurice[/name] looks like it was just thrown for the name to appear “normal”.
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Honey[/name] - two sugary nicknames do not make a good name.
[name]Daisy[/name] Boo - [name]Daisy[/name] is ok but Boo is a little too cutesy.
[name]Petal[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] [name]Rainbow[/name] - Is this couple dealing with a full deck???

Maybe in twenty years time, all of the children will be in therapy! I hope they won’t be teased too much in the playground!

I have to admit that I’m not the biggest fan of [name]Jamie[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] anyway, annoyed as I am by his proud assertion that he’s only ever read one book; my opinion on the name is probably biased, but :

On the one hand, kudos to him and his wife for naming their children what they want, regardless of what everyone else will think.

However, I think they’re naming the child, not the adult, and I wouldn’t like to be an adult named something so ultra-cutesy. Most of the first names are fine, though, and as middles are barely used I’m not too worried that [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Daisy[/name] or even [name]Buddy[/name] (because most people won’t know it’s not just a nickname) will be constantly annoyed by a childish name, but poor little [name]Petal[/name] …

I would have much preferred it if they did something fun and food-related in the middle. [name]Saffron[/name], [name]Clover[/name], [name]Ginger[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Sage[/name]? Or famous chefs - [name]Julia[/name] (Child) is a particularly lovely example.

[name]Auburn[/name]

The girls’ names are [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Honey[/name] [name]Rosie[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Daisy[/name] Boo [name]Pamela[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Petal[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] [name]Rainbow[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] !

I started laughing when I heard their kids names … :lol:

Oh, the poor kid. [name]Buddy[/name] [name]Bear[/name] is just awful. At least there’s one real name in there. They keep going downhill-- I shudder to think of a fifth child’s name. [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] on their own are okay, not too horribly cutesy (though way too cutesy-poo for my taste) but [name]Petal[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] [name]Rainbow[/name]? and [name]Buddy[/name] [name]Bear[/name]?? What were they thinking?? :shock: They’re not going to be babies forever!

Honestly, I would’ve been much more surprised if they named him [name]Jack[/name]. It seems like the Olivers are out to populate the world with kids named by other kids.

At least it goes with the sibset?