'C' Poll

See the results of this poll: Which one’s your favourite?

Respondents: 35 (This poll is closed)

• Catherine: 5 (14%)
  • Claire: 10 (29%)
  • Cordelia: 10 (29%)
  • Cosima: 5 (14%)
  • Carys: 3 (9%)
  • Christianna: 2 (6%)

I voted for [name]Cosima[/name] out of family loyalty (a great-grandmother, an aunt and a cousin, and if my sister sticks to her naming choices then a niece in a couple of weeks, too). I think it is beautiful and soft.

For interest, these are the sibling sets of my aunt and cousin [name]Cosima[/name] :
[name]William[/name], [name]Fenella[/name] and [name]Cosima[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name], [name]Cosima[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Lucille[/name] ([name]Helena[/name] and [name]Lucille[/name] are twins).

And my niece would be :
[name]Edward[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Harry[/name] (her twin) and [name]Cosima[/name].

That said, I do also love [name]Cordelia[/name] nn [name]Cora[/name] (but not [name]Delia[/name], oddly).

I love [name]Alice[/name] (one of my mns) and [name]Blythe[/name] :slight_smile:

Missed the voting - would have voted for [name]Cordelia[/name]. [name]Love[/name] the name as a whole, plus the nicknames [name]Cora[/name] AND [name]Delia[/name].

I was so excited when I realized that [name]Delia[/name], daughter of [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Billy[/name] on the [name]Young[/name] and the Restless, is actually short for [name]Cordelia[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it!

I love [name]Cordelia[/name].

Yay! I love your polls, I feel another tricky decision ahead!

[name]Catherine[/name] - I love [name]Catherine[/name], it sounds so whispery and beautiful. I am really annoyed with myself for prefering the [name]Katherine[/name] spelling, mostly for the nicknames [name]Kit[/name]/ [name]Kitty[/name], I do think the original spelling looks a lot nicer though and I think it goes with so many of my favourite names for as a middle.
[name]Claire[/name] - My favourite spelling of [name]Claire[/name] by far, I love its modest simplicity. I think it sounds really soft and friendly. I think its one of those names that will never be trendy or dated, a true classic. I’d love to be a [name]Claire[/name].
[name]Cordelia[/name] - I think this one’s Gorgeous. So many lovely nicknames, but still amazing on its own. I love the meaning and I love how vintage it is. Definitely one of my favourites.
[name]Cosima[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! I love space and so I love the meaning, I think it sounds really cool. Personally, I am slightly put of by [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] saying that it is one the british upper class love to use, being british and being british, I wouldn’t would to use a ‘posh’ name. Despite all of this, I voted for [name]Cosima[/name].
[name]Carys[/name] - I love this name. I think it sounds understated in a good way. I used [name]Carys[/name] for a character in a story once and she was the hero, so that helps to give me an even better opinion on the name.
[name]Christianna[/name] - This one is a little bit too much for me but I think it has a nice sound and I do like most names ending in anna, more than those ending belle in fact. I do sort of like it, but I like some of your others better.

I voted for [name]Cosima[/name] because I think that it sounded a little bit more fun than the others, that was my only way to decide. It was between [name]Cosima[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name].

Thank-you for posting this, I really enjoy commenting! :slight_smile:

looking forward to the ‘D’ [name]Poll[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Charlie[/name]. :slight_smile: I voted for [name]Cordelia[/name]! Go, [name]Cordelia[/name]!!! Woo-hoo!!! [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Cosima[/name] are breathing down your neck, but you can do it! Keep your eye on the prize (gold medal winner of the coveted C bracket) and stay strong! :slight_smile:

(I do think all the names are great, though…) :slight_smile:

Take care!

Thank-you for all your posts guys! Sorry it takes so long to get back to them, I don’t really know what to say to most but I really appreciate all of the feedback I get:)

And the winner is…

[name]Cordelia[/name]!

I confess, I thought that would happen. I’m surprised how many people voted for [name]Cosima[/name] though, I had no idea it was so loved:) Good to see!

Special thanks to twinkle, elena and jill, you are stars:) I just love reading your comments.

The ‘D’ [name]Poll[/name] will be up and running as of… now!

Take care everyone:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]