Cairon-Too different?

So we are fighting over names, so far we’ve brought up

[name]Jerimiah[/name] ??(I hate)
[name]Julius[/name] [name]Eli[/name] (my pick)
[name]Julian[/name] [name]Elijah[/name]
and as of now we are settled on [name]Julian[/name] Cairon (pronounced kI-ron)

Thought’s or opinions would be greatly appreciated!! (I personally [name]LOVE[/name] Cairon)

My favourite name from your list is [name]Julian[/name] but then I have a soft spot for the more softer sounding names for boys. Next is [name]Julius[/name] and [name]Jeremiah[/name] (this spelling). Sorry but Cairon looks like the Egyptian place name [name]Cairo[/name] with an “n” stuck on the end of it so I’m not a fan. The combo [name]Julian[/name] Cairon also has similar endings. Why not [name]Julian[/name] [name]Cairo[/name]?

I really like [name]Julian[/name] and [name]Julius[/name]! I agree with [name]Mischa[/name], [name]Jeremiah[/name] is a better spelling.
Personally I’m not a fan of Cairon, not because it’s too different, but because it’s too “same.” Trendy names of the moment include [name]Cairo[/name], [name]Kyler[/name], [name]Kyle[/name], [name]Caius[/name], [name]Kai[/name]/[name]Cai[/name], [name]Malachi[/name], and any two syllable -n ending name for boys. Cairon just seems like more of the same to me, but to each his own.

I would prefer [name]Cairo[/name] too! [name]Julian[/name] [name]Cairo[/name] would sound better…

I agree that [name]Julian[/name] [name]Cairo[/name] would be awesome! The [name]KY[/name]-ruhn pronunciation has always seemed trendy… my neighbors had a son probably a decade ago and named him Kyren… I thought it was made-up then and now it just fits in with a lot of the trendy names going around–[name]Braylen[/name], [name]Jaylen[/name], [name]Kyler[/name], etc. [name]Julian[/name] [name]Cairo[/name] would be so cool, though!

Also, when I first saw it, I thought it was CARE-en, like [name]Karen[/name]. I’m not sure if others would assume that as well? It could just be that [name]Karen[/name] is my mom’s name, lol…

Good luck!

Seeing Cairon makes me think of carrion. Maybe a different spelling?

There is the word Chiron pronounced the same way. It has many uses and meanings found here: Chiron (disambiguation) - Wikipedia

You could spell it Khyron too.

No offense but that’s not spelling Chiron another way, thats butchering it. I dont understand why people think they can substitute letters in a word for ones they like better and suddenly think its a new and improved version. Its not. Its just a mispelled jumbly word now and it usually looks bad/uneducated/uncultured.

That being said I wouldve thought Cairon sounded like [name]Karen[/name] or like [name]Cairo[/name] with an N tacked onto it. I think [name]Jeremiah[/name] (this spelling) or [name]Julian[/name] are both very nice names!

DH and I are also looking for a middle name for [name]Julian[/name], and it is hard. I think [name]Julian[/name] [name]Elijah[/name] is very nice. I wouldn’t want anything with the same ending of [name]Julian[/name] (which is my problem since the names I like have that ending for some reason…)

Perhaps she could tell us what features of the name Cairon she finds attractive. I assumed she just liked how it sounded and was unaware of it’s current usage. So, if she were to answer that she likes the sound of the first syllable then perhaps she’d like the hawaiian name Kainoa better?

I thought the same too.

WOW!! I’m actually very educated/cultured!! Maybe you should take a pill or something. This is 2012, I can spell what ever name how [name]EVER[/name] I would like to. I did get it from Chiron- I like how it sounds but HATE the way it looks. On that note, it seems like you like names with accents and such and I personally don’t believe that accents belong in names, actually I HATE accents and apostrophes in names. But I’m not out here commenting on peoples posts calling them uneducated. You should really get your ideas in check before insulting people on their posts… BTW, [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Eleonore[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] are MUCH better without the accents. [name]Just[/name] Saying…

It looks like [name]Karen[/name] to me, too.

Also, thetxbelle wasn’t calling YOU uneducated, mizzlynn - she was saying that changing the spellings of names for no reason (something like [name]Ryleigh[/name] comes to mind) looks uneducated, and I have to agree, no offense meant to you. And her names have accents because they are the French versions, and many names (probably at least 30%) in [name]France[/name] are traditionally spelled with the accents.

I thought the same thing.

It reminds me of carry on, as in luggage. sorry

You’ve completely contridicted yourself. I am someone who spells whatever name however I feel. Thus she was referring to me. It’s basic mathematics. If A=B and B=C then A=C… And French version or not I don’t like accents. It looks “too regal” for me, you can’t plug accents in through most databases. I’m going to end this on this is an age thing. Or generation thing. A lot of younger parents are changing the spelling and older parents hate it. Fine. But don’t spout off and call us trendy folks uneducated, it’s rude. And being 21 weeks pregnant and already big as a house I do not take rude lightly.

For the second and last time, saying that a spelling can put off an appearance of being uneducated =/= calling the person who changed the spelling uneducated. Not sure why you aren’t seeing that distinction. And “older parents”? I’m 24, chica. Regardless, I’m truly sorry if you took my criticism as rude, it was not intended that way.