Caleb or Leo or Odin?

A couple weeks away from my due date and have narrowed down our list of boys names to these three. We don’t know if we’re having a girl or a boy but would love to get the list a little smaller. Any thoughts on these three names? The middle name will start with an H, and some on the list are [name_m]Henry[/name_m] or [name_m]Harris[/name_m] or [name_m]Herschel[/name_m] (know [name_m]Herschel[/name_m] is a bit out there but it was my grandfathers nickname and there’s something sort of charming to me about its old man-ish quality).

Would love any thoughts on names or combos…

[name_m]Odin[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]: I really love [name_m]Odin[/name_m] and [name_f]Imo[/name_f] this is a wonderful combo. Other possibilities:
[name_m]Odin[/name_m] [name_m]Herschel[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Herschel[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Harris[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]

Other possible H middles.

[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Henrik[/name_m]
[name_m]Odin[/name_m] [name_m]Hayes[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Hiro[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Henrik[/name_m]

[name_m]Odin[/name_m] is not my favorite (for the sound and the reference) but of the three first names, I think it would pair best with [name_m]Herschel[/name_m] — [name_m]Odin[/name_m] [name_m]Herschel[/name_m] is offbeat and unusual, but the old-fashioned [name_m]Herschel[/name_m] grounds mythological [name_m]Odin[/name_m] a bit. It’s a hefty but handsome combo.

From the others, I prefer [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] (my favorite) and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Harris[/name_m], but they’re a bit more tame. If you miss the mythological ties of [name_m]Odin[/name_m], you could consider for middle names [name_m]Hagen[/name_m] (from an old Norse royal name) and [name_m]Haldor[/name_m] (“rock of [name_m]Thor[/name_m]”).

I am not a big fan of [name_m]Odin[/name_m]. I am not really a big fan of mythology names in general, although norse mythology is a love of mine. Something about [name_m]Odin[/name_m], [name_m]Thor[/name_m], [name_m]Apollo[/name_m], [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], [name_m]Osiris[/name_m], and the like feel very fussy and out of place as a name. Some mythology names are harder than others.

I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and like [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]. [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] is a bit softer/gentler sounding, [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is a bit more trendy. While [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] is popular, it is a bit more timeless than [name_m]Leo[/name_m] who is having a resurgence at the moment. Both are nice names, and I like your honor name idea for your grandfather. Since [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is in a cycle of being back in fashion, I do not think it will sound forever dated like some other names. It is also consistent with the popular -o endings trendy. [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] is really lovely as well. Between [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m], you really cannot choose wrong.

[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] is my favorite.

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]!

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] or [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Herschel[/name_m]

[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Hershel[/name_m]

I like [name_m]Odin[/name_m] best, then [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], then [name_m]Leo[/name_m]

I prefer [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] would be a great combo :slight_smile:

I love all three, but [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] is definitely my favorite! My favorite boys’ name in general, honestly. I think [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Herschel[/name_m] or [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is adorable!

[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] is my favourite.

I personally like [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and really like [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]. [name_m]Odin[/name_m] is nms but I have to admit I love the idea of OH initials!

I LOOOOVE [name_m]Leo[/name_m].