Caleb?

[name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Caleb[/name]? I know it’s strong and Biblical and handesome I guess I just can’t get over the pronounciation. [name]Kay[/name] is so soft and lub being on syllable same as [name]Kay[/name] seems harsh at the end. get it [name]Kay[/name]-lub? What do you think?

I like [name]Caleb[/name] as a name, but would never use it for myself. I think it’s a great Biblical find, but the harshness of the second syllable bothers me. Also, it’s becoming quite popular, and I’m not sure how I feel about that factor yet either.

I don’t feel like the 2nd syllable is harsh at all. I mean, it has a soft vowel sound. My favorite thing about the name [name]Caleb[/name] is the nn [name]Cal[/name]. Such a sweet sounding name.

I’m big on Biblical names for boys, so I really like the name [name]Caleb[/name]. Personally, when I pronounce the second syllable, I say it more like “[name]Kay[/name]-leb”, instead of “[name]Kay[/name]-lub”. I think that takes the harshness off of it a little bit.

I love this name and would definitely use it if DH wasn’t so opposed (“just because” is his reason). When I say it (and this is how I’ve always heard it pronounced), the emphasis is so strong on the first syllable that the second syllable is very very soft ([name]KAY[/name]-leb, though that doesn’t really help show how strong the emphasis is). Not sure if that makes sense, but I love it! And as to the popularity, I don’t think it’s actually that popular in usage yet – it mostly seems just popular in discussion, so you never know which way that will go.

[name]Caleb[/name] is my son’s middle name ([name]Thomas[/name] [name]Caleb[/name]) and I think it’s a strong name with a great meaning (devoted, loyal, faithful). I’ve always prn it [name]Cay[/name]-leb, with both syllables equal. It’s also my son’s Hebrew name, Kalev (kah-layv).

[name]Caleb[/name] is very popular here in the South. We were living in [name]Canada[/name] when my son was born, and a neighbour said to me, Oh, how very Southern. She was right. I teach and I tutor and there are as many Calebs as there are Nathans and Aarons.

I’m with you on the KayLub thing. I’ve never been a fan of the name and would not use it for my kids, but I did meet an dorable [name]Kaleb[/name] that made me hate the name less, but its still too trendy for my tastes. I always think of the calen/caden fad.