Caliece and Claire

I honestly don’t know if Caliece(pronounced like [name]Elise[/name] with a c. cuh-leese) is a completely unheard of name or not. I heard it somewhere when I was like, 12, and I’ve always loved it. I don’t remember where I heard it. Is it way too many "c’ and “l” sounds to go with son [name]Cuyler[/name]? I just feel like if I don’t use it I will regret it. My husband and I recently agreed on the name [name]Claire[/name], which is a beautiful classic, so I’m sure more people will love it over Caliece. [name]Claire[/name] also has c and l in it. I really am not one to be bothered by “matchy” or same ending names at all. I actually like them. (except to extreme like [name]Holly[/name] and [name]Molly[/name] or something. [name]Both[/name] cute names, not together) My DH says he prefers Caliece as a middle, but I love it for a first. Is [name]Claire[/name] way better?

Caliece, hmm, it reminds me of [name]Felicia[/name] or [name]Charice[/name] or [name]Celeste[/name].
But I would probably spell it Celese.
Celese is actually ranked and has been used since the 60’s, though rarely

But Celese would be pronounced suh-leese, cuh-leese is a bit too much like Police for my taste.

[name]Claire[/name] is definitely more recognizable and would be an easier name to wear.
I think Caliece [name]Claire[/name] is too matchy since they both have so many similar letters.

I have never thought of police, lol! We would only use Caliece as a middle for other names, not [name]Claire[/name]. I guess I just love both names the same now and can’t decide. I have liked Caliece for so long I am afraid i will regret not using it. It has stood the test of time for me, just like my son’s name [name]Cuyler[/name] did. I liked that name since a young girl too!

Is there a reason you’re spelling it Caliece?

Calice is a legit name and it’s pronounced “cal-eese” not “cuh-leese”

I just saw it spelled like Caliece when I was young, I don’t remember where, so I guess it just stuck with me. I never would have thought to pronounce it [name]Cal[/name]-eese…

I think [name]Claire[/name] is fine name; I guess I just have never seen the appeal. I actually like Caliece, the way you are spelling and pronouncing it, which is strange for me since I usually gravitate toward more established names. As far as spelling, regardless of whether it’s legit or not, I pronounced it in my head the same way you are.

I have a friend whose mother is Calice (pronounced ca-[name]LEESE[/name], pretty much exactly like you’re doing). I like it a lot. Not totally sure about the “Caliece” spelling, which might confuse me if I saw it for the first time. (On the other hand, I suppose some people might rhyme Calice with [name]Alice[/name]… Hmmm. Maybe Calise, like [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Denise[/name], would be less confusing?)

I actually like the sound of it better than [name]Claire[/name] as a pair with [name]Cuyler[/name] – both of those two both begin with C and end in the R sound, and I think that might be a bit much.

I’d actually pair Caliece with [name]Cuyler[/name] (though I would probably change the spelling to something like Calise or Calice). [name]Claire[/name] is a lovely name, but as you said it’s a classic. [name]Cuyler[/name] on the other hand is creatively spelled and modern, totally different feel. So no, in this case I would say [name]Claire[/name] is not better at all.

Caliece gives me the impression of someone wanting to change up the sound of [name]Felice[/name]. I do think it’s a rough sound trying to say Caliece and [name]Cuyler[/name] back to back. I would go with your husbands instincts and us it as a middle name or go with [name]Claire[/name].

Thanks for all the input everyone!For now, we’ve decided to stick with Caliece as a middle and possibly spell it Caliese instead. The combo would be [name]Julia[/name] Caliese. I know [name]Claire[/name] is a little classic for [name]Cuyler[/name] but we love it too much to not use it!