California

What do you guys think of [name]California[/name]? I know its an unusual state name, but I think if goes alongside with arizona (not commonly used, 4 syllables)… is it usable?

I go straight to [name]Dani[/name] [name]California[/name], the song by the [name]Red[/name] Hot [name]Chili[/name] Peppers. I have a huge soft spot for that song so that makes the names seem a little more usable to me. [name]Callie[/name] would be a cute NN. I think it might be better as an MN though just to avoid confusion.

Being from [name]California[/name], I would give you an odd look if you had a child named [name]California[/name]. It also doesn’t have the best rep, as far as states go, so that’s something to consider. The last syllable, fornia, has always sounded like fornicate to me, so that’s another strike.
However, it does has a very approachable nickname, [name]Cali[/name], and you could probably get away with [name]Fifi[/name] as well.
I wouldn’t use it, but it’s up to the individual to determine how much they like it, and how usable they think it is.

I know a girl named [name]California[/name] NN [name]Cali[/name]. It’s cute. She has siblings with unusual names too I can’t remember them all but one brother is named [name]Jazz[/name].

I think it’s acceptable. I mean, it’s been done with [name]Virginia[/name], [name]Dakota[/name], [name]Alabama[/name], etc. Go for it! The nickname [name]Cali[/name] is cute, too.

^this. I love that song! I also think of the Phantom Planet song called [name]California[/name]. It’s kind of odd as a name but [name]Cally[/name] is a cute nickname. I think [name]California[/name] was named after the fictional [name]Queen[/name] Calafia (also called Califia), so Calafia/Califia is another option.