Calling all Bookworms!

Hey all! I’ve so enjoyed the wonderful Teenberry Book Club topic started by @skatercat and thought I’d start a topic for a similar but separate concept - how would you feel about doing a traditional book club with one book as the center of discussion? I’m happy to write the questions and anyone could add additional observations or questions! Let me know below if you’re interested, and I just have a few questions for anyone who is.

• I’d prefer to have the discussion here
  • I’d prefer a group PM
  • I really have no preference

0 voters

How much time would you like to have to complete the book?

• Two weeks
  • Three weeks
  • A month
  • Other (please comment)

0 voters

I’ve already gotten some wonderful suggestions from my fellow Teenberries! I’ll build a poll tomorrow or the day after so we can vote for the book we want to read. [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to PM me with suggestions or comment them here!

Since this is a discussion aimed at Teenberries, let’s try to stick to books without particularly mature themes. Any genre book for any age group is welcomed as long as we stick to that.

Hope this leads to a wonderful set of discussions!

2 Likes

well my answer to the second poll depends on how long the book is

1 Like

Oh yes haha I should take that into account!

For a book 300 pages maximum

• Two weeks
  • Three weeks
  • A month
  • Other (please comment)

0 voters

For a book 300-400 pages

• Two weeks
  • Three weeks
  • A month
  • Other (please comment)

0 voters

For a book 400-500 pages

• Two weeks
  • Three weeks
  • A month
  • Other (please comment)

0 voters

I’ll also add the approximate length of each book suggested when I create that poll!

I read way too fast so I could read these books faster (probably without absorbing all the info) but if it’s for a book club then yeah, two weeks for under 400 pages and over 400 pages at least three weeks!

1 Like

Same here haha! [name_m]Will[/name_m] I read it in under a day? Yes. [name_m]Will[/name_m] I remember anything about it? Ummm probably the names…

Is this just for teens?

1 Like

I’d like it to be teen friendly of course but that’s already an NB policy. Nope, anyone can join!

1 Like

I’d possibly be interested, but I can’t say if I could guarantee involvement in the long term.

2 Likes

I totally get that! It would be a really casual commitment, you could come and go however was convenient.

2 Likes

I’m going to be busy for the rest of this year but I might have time after Dec 20

1 Like

This sounds great! School starts [name_u]August[/name_u] 24 for me and I don’t think I’ll have time to balance college and a book club :sweat_smile: but I’ll join for the first book and see from there!

1 Like

I read really quickly, so how about 1-2 weeks? Whatever works for the rest of the teenberries works for me.

1 Like

I have plenty of book suggestions if you need any
: )

2 Likes

@KaiLun no problem! [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to pop in whenever you like!

@Quilliza totally understandable, that would be a lot! We’re happy to have you whenever you can come!

@caramel107 it sounds like two weeks would be a good amount of time! That way we all have time to get ahold of the book we choose but we don’t have to wait too long to discuss it.

@EmaleeAnna eeAnna pile on the suggestions! Here or a PM, your call!

I think what we’ll do is vote on the book tomorrow, then after approximately two weeks begin an ongoing discussion on the thread. That way nobody has to be online at a specific time and it can be a super relaxed way to connect with fellow bookish namenerds!

2 Likes

I would love to join the book club. It’s be interesting to have a different genre or theme every month or so?

2 Likes

Oh, I’d love to be a part of this!! I’m not a teen, so I couldn’t be a part of the teenberry book club thread, so this sounds wonderful! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@JessAnn0422 that sounds so fun!

@regionlatbest welcome!

1 Like

I’m a teenberry who’d love to be part of this!
What sort of books are we looking to find? If we don’t all have access to books, I suppose that there’s online libraries that we could find or something.

1 Like

I’d love to be a part of this!! When do we start???

Am I too enthusiastic about this? :sweat_smile: :nerd_face:

1 Like

Sign me up!

1 Like