Calling son by last name *Wily

So my last name is Wily pronounced [name]Wiley[/name]. I can’t get excited about names for our baby boy due in 4 weeks, but i do rhink our last name would be a cool given name. If you knew you were going to call your son by your last name what would you hypothetically give him as a first and middle name?!!

I wouldn’t really know, since I wouldn’t call my son by my last name. I saw your other thread and I think [name]Oliver[/name] or [name]Graham[/name] would be fine. If you just like the sound of [name]Wiley[/name], maybe something like [name]Riley[/name] in the middle spot. I wouldn’t reccomend just calling him by your last name, especially if you have other kids who do not, but it’s your baby, you can do what you want.

• [name]Athena[/name]

Honestly, I think it would be a little weird to call your son by your last name all the time.

I mean, that’s cool that some adults go mainly by their surname, but for a kid it’s a bit old-fashioned (like English boarding school) and since it’s your name as well…I dunno, it’s odd. What does your husband think. If one of my friends did that I’d think they were a bit off their rocker.

You could always go the way of Catch-22 and name him Wily Wily :slight_smile:

If I were you I’d find a name I love, maybe something that can be used with initials. Like JW ([name]Jace[/name]) or CW ([name]Charles[/name]), etc.