Calliope?

My husband (the classic and simple name lover) surprised me yesterday by saying that he like the name [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] when he watched some [name_u]Grey[/name_u]'s Anatomy with me. It was quite shocking to me as he like more simple names like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f].

We have decided that one of our twin girls will be called [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Susan[/name_f] ([name_f]Susan[/name_f] is a family name).

I would like to know people’s thoughts and any ideas for the second twin.

[name_f]TIA[/name_f]!

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you pronounce [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]? NM I looked it up…

Romily
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

I think the other name has to end with an e sound

I looove [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]. For the second twin:

[name_f]Arizona[/name_f] (just kidding)
[name_f]Maia[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Clio[/name_f]/[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Annalise[/name_f]

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Susan[/name_f] seems like a perfect balance! I love it! You might like: [name_f]Helena[/name_f] or [name_f]Eleni[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Demetria[/name_f], [name_f]Octavia[/name_f], [name_f]Livia[/name_f], [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_f]Julianna[/name_f], [name_f]Phaedra[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Philippa[/name_f], [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f], [name_f]Marceline[/name_f], [name_f]Celine[/name_f], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_f]Mathilde[/name_f] or [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] or [name_f]Catharina[/name_f] and [name_f]Veronica[/name_f]

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] is a fantastic name, it’s a great choice! I do warn that this creates a standard for the other twin. Not a bad thing, and I certainly believe that twins should be treated as individuals. But I [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], for example would be rather out of the blue. If it were me, I would choose another long and whimsical girl name like [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f], [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Olympia[/name_f], [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], or [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]. Congratulations on your twins, I look forward to hearing a birth announcement! Best of luck.

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] was the first one that came to mind.
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and:
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Odessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]

I love love [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]. It’s one of my absolute favorite names. I wish my husband loved it more!

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Susan[/name_f]. Cute!

Some second twin name ideas are:

[name_f]Phillipa[/name_f]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Thomasina[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Susan[/name_f] is beautiful. For the other twin maybe: pheobe, [name_f]Athena[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], juniper, [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Azalea[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f],

Some suggestions I have are:
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Promise[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]/[name_u]Emery[/name_u]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and Xhalia (pronounced ZAR-lee-ah)
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_u]Allison[/name_u]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Athene[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Harriett[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
I hope you like them!

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] comes to mind.

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Susan[/name_f] is a marvelous choice! For [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]'s sister, I would do something like:

[name_f]Araminta[/name_f]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]