Calliope

Is [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] a name-nerds kind of name, or do you think it is actually usable? I love the association with the [name_f]Muse[/name_f] of [name_m]Epic[/name_m] [name_f]Poetry[/name_f]. I like the nickname [name_f]Calli[/name_f]/[name_f]Callie[/name_f].

Perhaps if not as a first name, as a middle name?

I think that the nn makes it usable, and it would make a great mn!

1 Like

I think it’s usable! I first heard it on the show “[name_u]Grey[/name_u]’s Anatomy,” and so it feels perfectly wearable to me. Uncommon, yet familiar. I like the nicknames [name_f]Callie[/name_f] and [name_f]Calla[/name_f]! If you’re still unsure, it would make a beautiful middle.

1 Like

I think it’s usable. The nickname possibitlies of [name_f]Callie[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] make it feel more grounded

1 Like

I think it’s usable. I especially like the muse of epic poetry connection and the nickname [name_f]Callie[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it is very usable. The recent spike in popularity suggests that others agree.

I think that, like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], people once thought it strange and outlandish but the cute and classic nicknames drew appeal and then people began to see it as more normal as it became used more.

1 Like

Definitely usable in my opinion. It’s a gorgeous name, with a great meaning, association, and doesn’t have anything going against it. It’d make a great name in any spot.

1 Like

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] is totally usable! I love the nn [name_f]Callie[/name_f].

1 Like

I absolute adore [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]. [name_f]Callie[/name_f] is such a sweet nickname and [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] in full is so poetic.

1 Like

I agree that it’s very usable. It’s not that different from [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] which is in the top 50 now and it has many great nn options. I like [name_f]Calla[/name_f] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] best :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like this name. It got the okay from my mom which I think means it’s usable lol

2 Likes

In agreement with most of the other posters on this thread, I think [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] is perfectly usable! [name_f]Calli[/name_f] is really cute too.

Definitely useable! Especially with all the nickname potential

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] is a magnificent name! Sweet, mysterious, musical and girly. The mythological association is great and the name’s meaning is beautiful. [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] is definitely usable as a first name, in my opinion. [name_f]Callie[/name_f] is an adorable nickname!
The [name_u]Grey[/name_u]’s Anatomy character - a strong, intelligent, fun and beautiful woman - made me fall in love with this name even more.

1 Like

I agree that it is usable, especially with the popularity of similar names like [name_f]Callie[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. I actually know of a little girl named [name_f]Kalliope[/name_f] who goes my [name_f]Kalli[/name_f].

I definitely think this name is usable it’s a really gorgeous choice and I think with the nickname [name_f]Callie[/name_f] makes her fit in with her peers it’s a pretty choice

I think it’s usable

Definitely usable! I think it’s such a stunning name with a lot of history and [name_f]Calli[/name_f]/[name_f]Callie[/name_f] is super sweet and easy to wear

I adore this name! I think the nn makes it intriguing too like meeting a [name_f]Callie[/name_f] and then finding out that their full name is [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]. I’m always fascinated with what peoples full names are, and whether they go by a nickname or just their full name,

1 Like