"Callista, Calum, and ____"

See the results of this poll: C name or no?

Respondents: 32 (This poll is closed)

• Baby #3’s name should also start with a C. : 22 (69%)
  • A C name isn’t the best choice.: 10 (31%)

[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]

[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name]
[name]Christine[/name]
[name]Cerys[/name]
[name]Christabel[/name]

My parents were in the exact same situation when naming my brothers and I. They gave the oldest two children names that began with the same letter without intending to, and then felt like they needed to give the youngest child a name that began with the same letter so that he wouldn’t feel left out. Honestly, my brothers and I have always thought that it was kind of goofy, and, although my youngest brother fits his name very well, I doubt that he would feel “left out” if he had a different name that began with a different letter. I don’t think that it would be awful if you picked another name that began with C, but, as a member of such a sibset, I would like to encourage you not to feel limited to only picking a C name for this next child.

If you end up feeling like it has to be a C name, then [name]Celeste[/name] is absolutely gorgeous! I think the idea of picking a name that starts with a C but a different sound ([name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Cypress[/name], [name]Chelsea[/name]) would be a great compromise.

[name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Celeste[/name] were the first two to come to mind for a girl!

I don’t think you should limit your naming choices to just C names. You should name your child what ever name you [name]LOVE[/name] not just a name that you settle on because it starts with the right letter. If you fall in love with a C name I think that’s fine too but to limit your name search to just C names I think is silly.

Some girl names you might like…
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Adria[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Lilith[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
Alora
[name]Corrina[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name]

I will give you this advice: if this is going to be your last child, then choose another “C” name. If you think you’ll have more children in the future, pick another letter of the alphabet.

I think the third child might feel left out if she didn’t share her siblings’ first initial. I like [name]Callista[/name], [name]Calum[/name], and [name]Celeste[/name].

I think it’s more important to give your child a name that you love and has great meaning. If it just so happens that you really like C names and a C is your favorite then fine, and if not I think that’s fine too. Lots of names will fit with your set. Incidentally, [name]Celeste[/name] is one of my favorites and I think it has some of the same qualities as [name]Callista[/name] so it would be a great fit.

[name]Anastasia[/name] is one of my favorites with a profound meaning ([name]IMO[/name]!) and I think it could work with your set.

Or how about [name]Charles[/name] (boy) or [name]Charlotte[/name] (girl)?

What about [name]Caspian[/name] or [name]Cassius[/name] for a boy?

[name]Calypso[/name] would be great… except for the ‘[name]Cal[/name]’ overload!

What do you think of [name]Concordia[/name] for a girl? [name]Lovely[/name] meaning and a great set of nicknames - [name]Cora[/name], [name]Coco[/name], [name]Dia[/name]…

I also rather like [name]Cade[/name] - for a boy or a girl.

Edited to add:

Just had a few more thoughts - what about Caleb for a boy? Or Cadel?

And perhaps Cadence or Cadenza for a girl…?

I love [name]Callista[/name], [name]Calum[/name], and…

[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Cambrie[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Catelyn[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Chelsea[/name]

and for boys:

[name]Carter[/name]
[name]Cade[/name]
[name]Casper[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name]
[name]Crispin[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Colt[/name]

[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Cressida[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Caitlin[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name]

I agree with mischa!

Cieran for a boy, [name]Camille[/name] for a girl.

I really don’t think the kids will care if not all of their names start with a ‘c’. In fact I went to school with two sets of siblings that thought it was ‘lame’ that their parents named them all with the same 1st letter.

Update: THANK YOU for the thoughtful advice! We’ve just named her [name]Camille[/name]!