Callista/Dorothy/Jemima? What do you think?

[name]Just[/name] wondering what you all think of [name]Callista[/name] for a girl?
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Elin[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Eline[/name] (pn eh-leen)
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]

Would it go with [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]?

Also considering [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]June[/name].

[name]Tabitha[/name] seems more vintage than [name]Callista[/name], and I can see it better with [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Lucy[/name], honestly. My favorite combination is [name]Callista[/name] [name]Lucille[/name], as the E names don’t flow with the A ending of [name]Callista[/name].

Hmm… Our other name was [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] - which sparked quite a debate I remember…! [name]Just[/name] thought [name]Callista[/name] was quite classy and would age well…

I agree with you on the description of [name]Callista[/name]. I’m just debating whether or not it “matches” [name]Tabitha[/name]. [name]Jemima[/name] does, but I’m assuming people said it reminded them of the syrup, or it sounded dumpy or something - I don’t know. I think it is kind of cute, and [name]Jem[/name] is a cute nickname.

I think names like [name]Anita[/name], [name]Delila/name, [name]Jemima[/name], [name]Rebecca[/name], and [name]Susanna[/name] work well with [name]Tabitha[/name].

[name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] and…

[name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Judith[/name]
[name]Susanna[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Delila/name [name]Sharon[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name] [name]Susan[/name]
[name]Anita[/name] [name]Carmel[/name]

I love [name]Callista[/name] and I think it goes very well with [name]Tabitha[/name]. I agree that the middles starting with E don’t have the best flow but I think [name]Callista[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] is a little L heavy.

[name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] and
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Marin[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Tess[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Callista[/name] and [name]Calandra[/name], too.

[name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] is adorable!

[name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Callista[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] (“l” heavy). [name]Callista[/name] [name]Eline[/name] and [name]Calista[/name] [name]Elin[/name] are too similar at the end of [name]Callista[/name] and the beginning of [name]Eline[/name] and [name]Elin[/name]. I think you can do a lot better with the middle name. [name]How[/name] about

[name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] and…

[name]Callista[/name] [name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Fern[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - love
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] - love
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Callista[/name] [name]Willow[/name]

When I hear [name]Calista[/name] I think of a mysterious beauty.

There are a few color names I thought would go well:

[name]Calista[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Calista[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Calista[/name] [name]Blue[/name]

Then I just thought you might like these based on what you listed:

[name]Calista[/name] [name]Bell[/name]
[name]Calista[/name] [name]Irene[/name]/Iree
[name]Calista[/name] [name]Celine[/name]

[name]Callista[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]–[name]Love[/name] this!
Yes, I think it would go with [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Rachel[/name].

I think [name]Callista[/name] is really pretty and definitely works with [name]Tabitha[/name]. They both have aramaic and/or greek/latin origins. ([name]Both[/name] equally vintage and unique.) :wink:

“Callistus and [name]Callista[/name] is a Late Latin form of the Greek ??? (Kallistos) meaning ”most beautiful” which is ultimately derived from the Greek feminine name Kalliste or Kalliste.”

Yes the fn and mn combinations above all mean “the most beautiful light” which i absolutely love…

[name]Do[/name] you think it would be better to spell it Kalliste?

Yes the fn and mn combinations above all mean “the most beautiful light” which i absolutely love…

[name]Do[/name] you think it would be better to spell it Kalliste?[/quote]

No keep it [name]Calista[/name] or [name]Callista[/name]–very pretty both ways. (NN [name]Callie[/name]).

So question is now: Which of these is best with [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]?

[name]Callista[/name] [name]Elin[/name] (Bit and [name]Callie[/name])
[name]Jemima[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] (Bit and [name]Jem[/name])
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]June[/name]/[name]Elin[/name] (Bit and [name]Dot[/name])

Thanks, [name]Liz[/name] [name]Moss[/name]

I love her Bit nickname!!! It’s adorable! I love [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]June[/name] (“[name]Dot[/name]”), and also really like [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]. (You’re lucky that you’re in the U.K.!) If I can only pick one, I’ll go with [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]June[/name]. :slight_smile:

(I love [name]Callista[/name], too, but the other names feel more like [name]Tabitha[/name]'s style to me.)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love her Bit nickname!!! It’s adorable! I love [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]June[/name] (“[name]Dot[/name]”), and also really like [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]. (You’re lucky that you’re in the U.K.!) If I can only pick one, I’ll go with [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]June[/name]. :slight_smile:

(I love [name]Callista[/name], too, but the other names feel more like [name]Tabitha[/name]'s style to me.)

Good luck! :-)[/quote]
Thanks [name]Jill[/name]
She tends to go by “[name]Little[/name] Bit”! I do love the combo of Bit and [name]Dot[/name]!
[name]Do[/name] you think the [name]June[/name] [name]Moss[/name] bit is too naturey?
[name]Liz[/name]

Good luck! :-)[/quote]
Thanks [name]Jill[/name]
She tends to go by “[name]Little[/name] Bit”! I do love the combo of Bit and [name]Dot[/name]!
[name]Do[/name] you think the [name]June[/name] [name]Moss[/name] bit is too naturey?
[name]Liz[/name][/quote]

[name]Little[/name] Bit? I [name]LOVE[/name] it!!! That’s seriously one of the cutest nicknames I’ve ever heard!

Yeah, [name]June[/name] [name]Moss[/name] is naturey to me, but it doesn’t stand out to me like a color would (like [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Moss[/name]). I think I loved [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]June[/name] too much to even notice [name]Moss[/name] when I first read it. I love [name]Dot[/name] and Bit!

Were there any other middles you liked if you’re bothered by [name]June[/name] [name]Moss[/name]?

We’ll prob loose the “little” as she grows up! She was so tiny when she was born… but then both me and hub are tiny people!

Mmm not too bothered by it… I do love [name]June[/name] and it was my fav nan’s name. Am a bit put out that can’t use [name]Hazel[/name] tho as is one of my fav names - why did i marry Mr [name]Moss[/name]?!

Thanks for the help [name]Jill[/name]

Your comment about Mr. [name]Moss[/name] made me laugh… :slight_smile: Yeah, [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Moss[/name] is a different story than [name]June[/name] [name]Moss[/name]. (I love [name]Hazel[/name], though!) I’m looking forward to seeing what other people choose out of your three finalists.

I still love how you thought of Bit for [name]Tabitha[/name]. :slight_smile:

Have a good day (or night)! I think you’re five hours ahead of the U.S., right? :slight_smile: (Oh! You’re welcome, and there’s no need to thank me!) :slight_smile:

I don’t think [name]Callista[/name] goes with [name]Tabitha[/name].

However, I do love both [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]June[/name]. If I had to pick one I would pick [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Moss[/name], it sounds really lovely and goes amazingly well with [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]. I love it!

[name]Callista[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] is my favorite . [name]Tabitha[/name] & [name]Callista[/name] are adorable together!

I’m not sure if [name]Callista[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] [name]Moss[/name] flows…? I thought the flow of [name]Callista[/name] [name]Elin[/name] [name]Moss[/name] was better?
ca-liss-ta el-in mos vs ca-liss-ta loo-seel moss… hmm not sure!

I think we’re leaning more towards [name]Jemima[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] - being more “normal” names to go with [name]Tabitha[/name]… [name]Just[/name] can’t get over how much I love the combo of Bit and [name]Dot[/name]! Although I think I prefer [name]Jemima[/name] over [name]Dorothy[/name] as full name - ahh!