Callum and Caleb

I love the name [name_u]Callum[/name_u] with the nickname [name_u]Cal[/name_u]. I also like the name [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] but I’m wondering if that can be shortened to [name_u]Cal[/name_u], or no, because it’s pronounced [name_u]Cay[/name_u]-leb. What are everyone’s thoughts?

I guess [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] could be shortened to [name_u]Cal[/name_u] since the letters are there, but it’s definitely not intuitive due to the pronunciation of [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], like you mentioned. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Callum[/name_u] nn [name_u]Cal[/name_u]!

Caleb nn [name_u]Cal[/name_u] makes perfect sense to me! Many nicknames don’t have the same vowel sound as the full name ([name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] nn [name_f]Kate[/name_f], etc).

I think you can make any nickname work.:: I think [name_u]Cal[/name_u] for [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] is fine. But I do prefer [name_u]Callum[/name_u]! Good luck

I think the nickname [name_u]Cal[/name_u] is the obvious choice with the name [name_u]Callum[/name_u]. Whereas, I wouldn’t naturally shorten the name [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] to [name_u]Cal[/name_u].

Caleb can definitely be shortened to [name_u]Cal[/name_u]! Of course, my favorite [name_u]Cal[/name_u]- name is [name_m]Calvin[/name_m]!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Callum[/name_u] is a much easier way to get to [name_u]Cal[/name_u] sound wise but it’s definitely possible with [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], maybe just less likely to happen naturally. I know a few [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]/Kaleb’s and they all just go by their full name.

I’ve known of [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]’s who go by [name_u]Cal[/name_u]! I think it absolutely works. As a pp has said, other popular nicknames don’t share the same exact sounds as the full name. I love [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], by the way. So handsome and sweet! [name_u]Callum[/name_u] is so lovely too, but I do personally prefer [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]!

I think I prefer [name_u]Callum[/name_u] to [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]

Caleb could definitely be [name_u]Cal[/name_u] but i prefer [name_u]Callum[/name_u]

I think [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] nickname [name_u]Cal[/name_u] feels logical : )

There was a [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] nn [name_u]Cal[/name_u] in the UK drama series Casualty so I don’t see why not!

I think if you love the name [name_u]Callum[/name_u] go for that as the nn [name_u]Cal[/name_u] will definitely be used.