Callum vs. Calvin

I love the name [name]Callum[/name] for several reasons, but one of them is that I love the nn [name]Cal[/name]. After reading the blog post yesterday about boy’s names in limbo (Boys’ Names in Limbo: Is Roy ready to return? How about Howard? | Nameberry), I began to think about [name]Calvin[/name] as another option to use the nn [name]Cal[/name]. What do you all think about these 2 names? What are the positives and negatives of each and which do you like better?

I really love both! [name]Calvin[/name] is my favorite–I just love its classic appeal–but I really like [name]Callum[/name] (and even [name]Callan[/name]), too.

While I prefer [name]Calvin[/name] in general, with your son’s name ([name]Silas[/name], right?), I prefer [name]Callum[/name]. [name]Silas[/name] and [name]Callum[/name] work together better than [name]Silas[/name] and [name]Calvin[/name], imo.

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Callum[/name]! It’s one of my favorite names. [name]Calvin[/name] is nice too, but I really prefer [name]Callum[/name]. Really though, either name is great and I don’t have anything negative to say about them.

Thanks [name]Ash[/name]! Yes, it is [name]Silas[/name]. I think they go better together too. I don’t think we’re actually considering [name]Calvin[/name], but I wanted to know what you all thought about the two similar yet very different names. I think [name]Callum[/name] seems more outside the box, while [name]Calvin[/name] is an American classic that would definitely not get you any second looks.

[name]Callum[/name]! [name]Calvin[/name]'s nice as well, but [name]Callum[/name]'s adorable. [name]Caleb[/name]'s another option. I know it doesn’t have the [name]Cal[/name] sound but it could still work

I have the exact same problem! I love [name]Callum[/name], [name]Calvin[/name] and [name]Callan[/name] too for that matter. I also love the nn [name]Cal[/name]! At the end of the day my usual pick is [name]Callum[/name] but you cannot go wrong with either.

I love [name]Callum[/name]! I have never seen anyone with the name before and I just think it is nice, different, and not too out there. [name]Calvin[/name] is nice too, but I really love [name]Callum[/name].