Callum

I am pregnant and finding out the sex of our baby next week. I am set on a girls name, but not sure on the boys name. I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Callum[/name], but I am worried about it being misprounced or sounding weird with our surname (it starts with M.) I had always loved the name [name]Liam[/name], but with our surname it sounds like [name]Leah[/name] M-----, so it is out. [name]Callum[/name] flows better than [name]Liam[/name], but I am still hesitant. Am I just overthinking this?! The only other boys names we have agreed on are [name]Devon[/name] and [name]Stellan[/name].

If it helps, our last name is [name]Miller[/name]…

I really like [name]Callum[/name] – it used to be my #1 boy name, but I scratched it from my list because both my maiden name (which was [name]Miller[/name], actually!) and my married name start with M, and I thought it was just too much “M” sound. Same thing with [name]Liam[/name], unfortunately.

[name]Stellan[/name] and [name]Devon[/name] are both nice with [name]Miller[/name].

Other ideas that come to mind:
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Cavan[/name]
[name]Bretton[/name]
[name]Landon[/name]

[name]Cullen[/name] is another possibility that sounds nice with [name]Miller[/name], though there is the major “Twilight” association with it.

Thank you for your response. I like [name]Kieran[/name] from your list, but my husband can’t agree with me on that. We like [name]Evan[/name] though, and thought about that with our other two kids (who ended up being girls!) It’s hard choosing a boy name!

[name]Declan[/name] [name]Miller[/name] sounds great!

But to islandnicole, if you’re really set on [name]Callum[/name], I think the double m thing is just a minor problem. It’s not ideal, but I wouldn’t consider it a deal-breaker.

Thank you, Dizzy. I’ve been thinking that too. I would like to keep [name]Callum[/name], or someone else suggested [name]Callan[/name], which is close to our [name]Callum[/name]/[name]Stellan[/name] choices while eliminating the double-m.

My friend’s younger brother is called [name]Callum[/name], I don’t think people have problems pronouncing it (we lived in Australia though).

Another similar name could be [name]Kellen[/name]?

I like [name]Callum[/name] (especially love the nickname [name]Cal[/name]!) and I actually don’t think it’s much of a problem with [name]Miller[/name]. Would you mind sharing the names of your other children so we can make more suggestions in case you don’t go with [name]Callum[/name]?

I love [name]Declan[/name] [name]Miller[/name]! [name]Callum[/name] is a great name; it doesn’t sound great with [name]Miller[/name], but it isn’t horrible either (not a deal breaker to me)

Thank you for your replies. We are still considering [name]Callan[/name] instead of [name]Callum[/name] (although [name]Callum[/name] is still my favorite!) I am so ready to go to my u/s next week!

We have two daughters named [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Maya[/name]. Would love to hear any other suggestions :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Callum[/name], but I don’t think it flows well with [name]Miller[/name]. I really like [name]Kieran[/name] and [name]Declan[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Callum[/name] does blend into your surname [name]Miller[/name] and both have a double “l” so I don’t think it’s the best pairing. [name]Declan[/name] [name]Miller[/name] has a better flow. There is an Irish name [name]Colm[/name] which is pronounced “Kuhl-uhm” that could be another alternative in regards to look and spelling. Here are some Celtic/Irish/Scottish or Welsh name ending in “n” or another letter…
[name]Colin[/name] [name]Miller[/name]
Alpin [name]Miller[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name] [name]Miller[/name]
[name]Ian[/name] [name]Miller[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Miller[/name] (oh, I like this combo!)
[name]Stuart[/name] [name]Miller[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Miller[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Miller[/name]
[name]Tiernan[/name] [name]Miller[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name] [name]Miller[/name]
[name]Riordan[/name] [name]Miller[/name]
[name]Aidan[/name] [name]Miller[/name]
[name]Brendan[/name] [name]Miller[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] [name]Miller[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Miller[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name] [name]Miller[/name]