Calluna?

I recently rediscovered [name_f]Calluna[/name_f], and I would love to hear what you guys think of it!

I’m also wondering what names you think would go well for siblings. I’m open to any style names if you think they’d work with [name_f]Calluna[/name_f].

TIA!

4 Likes

Calluna is pretty! It sounds like a combination of [name_f]Callie[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] though it’s probably not. The nicknames [name_f]Callie[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], Aluna, [name_f]Calla[/name_f], and [name_f]Lune[/name_f] would be cute nicknames. For siblings of [name_f]Calluna[/name_f]…

Elowen
[name_f]Twyla[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]
[name_f]Laverne[/name_f]
Fiolina
Ellarose
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]

1 Like

Unfortunately my first thought was the word colluding. Which isn’t the greatest association, but I have a feeling that’s probably just me. Looking at it, it has all the things that would make a great name, familiar sounds similar to already popular names, but combined in a way to make it unique and surprising without being too weird.

2 Likes

Calluna is actually really pretty! [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought is that it’s a mix of [name_f]Callie[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] but it’s not a bad mix and sounds like a legit name, but then I learned it was a flower name which makes it a lot more nicer to me.

Calluna & [name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] & [name_f]Viatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] & [name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] & [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] & [name_u]Raleigh[/name_u]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] & [name_m]Soren[/name_m]

1 Like

I think it’s pretty! I don’t know anything about it but it feels botanical or mythological to me, which is cool!

Sibling name ideas:
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_f]Winika[/name_f]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_f]Bellona[/name_f]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_m]Maximus[/name_m]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_m]Romulus[/name_m]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_u]Quentin[/name_u]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_m]Marco[/name_m]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]

1 Like

@VivienaLunelle123 I agree about the nickname potential! Also Fiolina is gorgeous!

@LibelluleClaire hmm I guess I’ll have to consider that. Thanks for the input!

@leafygreens I like to see that you’ve suggested [name_u]Florian[/name_u], because it’s another name I love lately. Also, [name_f]Viatrix[/name_f] is so cool!!

@EagleEyes I love [name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_m]Julius[/name_m], and [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]. Thank you!

3 Likes

I really like [name_f]Calluna[/name_f]. I would pair it with unusual or slightly unusual name that doesn’t start with a C.

Calluna &
[name_f]Elinor[/name_f]
[name_f]Polina[/name_f]
Valence
[name_f]Lenore[/name_f]/Lenora
[name_f]Lorena[/name_f]

Calluna &
[name_u]Jory[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]/Lucius
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Ludwig[/name_m]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]

also agree with [name_f]Calluna[/name_f] & [name_f]Twyla[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_m]Julius[/name_m], [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_u]Florian[/name_u]

2 Likes

Calluna is fresh and soft!

Calluna and

Stellaria
[name_f]Polaris[/name_f]
[name_f]Acacia[/name_f]
[name_f]Zipporah[/name_f]
[name_f]Hestia[/name_f]
[name_f]Valeria[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalia[/name_f]

2 Likes

I think I prefer [name_f]Heather[/name_f] but I’m a weirdo. The [name_f]Luna[/name_f] part is pretty!

1 Like

@Sorceress I love [name_f]Elinor[/name_f], [name_f]Lorena[/name_f], and [name_u]Jory[/name_u] especially! Thanks!

@Greyblue those are all so pretty! I love Stellaria and [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f]. [name_f]Polaris[/name_f] is also a cool name I’ve never really considered before.

@hellobanjo [name_f]Heather[/name_f] is lovely as well. I may or may not have found [name_f]Calluna[/name_f] in a search for [name_f]Heather[/name_f] honours hahah.

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Calluna[/name_f]! I actually got it added to the nameberry database a few years ago :slight_smile:

I think it’s an underused gem, I love that it’s the botanical name for heather, and I think the nicknames [name_f]Callie[/name_f], [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], or [name_f]Luna[/name_f] are built right on!

1 Like

I love it! :heart_eyes: :white_heart: I’m a massive fan of names with [name_f]Luna[/name_f] in them (see Evaluna), and I love the nickname potential with this name. [name_u]Cal[/name_u]. [name_f]Callie[/name_f], Calu, [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]…

Calluna and…
[name_f]Araminta[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]
[name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u]
[name_f]Catriona[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
Evanthia (personal favorite!)
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_u]Léonie[/name_u]
[name_f]Marijke[/name_f]
Segolene
[name_f]Saoirse[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]
Yvelise
Zurine

1 Like

@Kipperbo1 that’s cool that you got it added. I agree it’s quite lovely.

@eileithyia Evanthia is :heart_eyes: and perfect with [name_f]Calluna[/name_f]! And I love [name_f]Catriona[/name_f] and Yvelise. Thanks! (Also, I want to mention that I think Evaluna is absolutely stunning! )

2 Likes

I absolutely love [name_f]Callie[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f], but [name_f]Calluna[/name_f] makes me think of the word callous. I’m really sorry!

1 Like

I like it. It’s really nice and pretty and reminds me of a Greek goddess. Some other names you might like:
*[name_u]Calypso[/name_u]
*[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
*[name_m]Calisto[/name_m]
*[name_f]Calista[/name_f]
*Calidora

1 Like

@luneth that’s interesting; I didn’t make that connection, but it may be worth considering. Thanks for the feedback!

@missfuturedoctor Oooh Calidora is beautiful! I’ve never heard it before, but it is gorgeous! I also like [name_m]Calisto[/name_m]/Calista and [name_u]Calypso[/name_u]. Thanks!

I also recently discovered this name, i think it’s wonderful!

Calluna and…
[name_f]Mariposa[/name_f]
[name_f]Aliona[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariana[/name_f]
[name_f]Ekaterina[/name_f]
[name_f]Atalanta[/name_f]
[name_f]Myosotis[/name_f]
[name_f]Hespera[/name_f]
[name_f]Hermia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lysandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Fauna[/name_f]
[name_u]Troian[/name_u]
[name_f]Endelienta[/name_f]

Elio
[name_u]Oleander[/name_u]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexei[/name_m]
[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]
[name_m]Huon[/name_m]
[name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_u]Cove[/name_u]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]

1 Like

Calluna and [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] would be perfect! I also like [name_f]Aliona[/name_f], [name_f]Lysandra[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_u]Oleander[/name_u], [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Alexei[/name_m], and [name_m]Ronan[/name_m]. Thank you!

1 Like

Calluna is very pretty!

For siblings…

Calluna and [name_f]Demelza[/name_f]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_m]Fabian[/name_m]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_f]Nadine[/name_f]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_f]Sarai[/name_f]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_f]Abelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] and [name_m]Gawain[/name_m]

1 Like

I like your suggestions, particularly [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f], [name_m]Percival[/name_m], and [name_f]Abelia[/name_f]. Thanks!

1 Like